Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Please No Swisher!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Yes, I hated Swisher in New York. In Baltimore, I don't think I'd hate him as much though lol. He's a guy you want on your team.

vCash
    no interest in a 32 year old outfielder. i'm good.

vCash
    That's fine, I certainly am though. Swisher is one year older than Ethier, plays better defense, better OBP and yet I bet we would love Ethier. Guess what type a deal he just signed for? 5 yr, 90 M or so if I remember right.

Edit: Although that kind of shows why we should stay away, the $ he will get will be up there I think. Still, he's a lot better than given credit for even though I hate him (wouldn't if he became an Oriole' though).
    Last edited by WolvesJagsOs; 12-05-2012 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    If Edwin Jackson is still available I would be interested in the Os reaching out to him for a fair value deal. They don't have too man power arms and Jackson fits that mild he had a solid year with the Nats.
    Last edited by cheddar08; 12-05-2012 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    If Edwin Jackson is still available I would be interested in the Os reaching out to him for a fair value deal. They don't have too man power arms and Jackson fits that mild he had a solid year with the Nats.
    I agree, but it would have to be at a bargain, and I doubt he will come cheap because Boras is his agent.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    By Luke Adams [December 5 at 9:10am CST]
    The Twins appear to be calling around to gauge trade interest in former MVP Justin Morneau, according to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com (via Twitter). Kubatko says the Orioles are one of the clubs that has been contacted by Minnesota about Morneau, with the Twins seeking young pitching.

The Twins may simply be getting a sense of what sort of return they could expect for Morneau, rather than actively shopping him. GM Terry Ryan indicated toward the end of the 2012 season that he envisioned Morneau as part of the '13 Twins, calling him "one of the most important people in this organization."

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#b4tyerJGVUC5wEho.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    The Twins appear to be calling around to gauge trade interest in former MVP Justin Morneau, according to Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com (via Twitter). Kubatko says the Orioles are one of the clubs that has been contacted by Minnesota about Morneau, with the Twins seeking young pitching.

The Twins may simply be getting a sense of what sort of return they could expect for Morneau, rather than actively shopping him. GM Terry Ryan indicated toward the end of the 2012 season that he envisioned Morneau as part of the '13 Twins, calling him "one of the most important people in this organization."

I think this would be awesome, as long as he stays healthy. But, he only has one year left on his current deal. Also, he often have good luck trading with the twins.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    I know we would have to give up A LOT but I am still interested in Stanton, and we have been mentioned many times as one of the few teams that have the pieces to get him. He would be a cornerstone of the Franchise for years. And, he is established, not a prospect. I think Bundy and Machado would be to much, but I would send Gausman and Machado.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone091 View Post
    I think this would be awesome, as long as he stays healthy. But, he only has one year left on his current deal. Also, he often have good luck trading with the twins.
    That's the thing. Yes, he's 14M this year, but its for one year. Thats what DD always talks about, not wanting to get a guy for longer than 3 years. It just makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone091 View Post
    I know we would have to give up A LOT but I am still interested in Stanton, and we have been mentioned many times as one of the few teams that have the pieces to get him. He would be a cornerstone of the Franchise for years. And, he is established, not a prospect. I think Bundy and Machado would be to much, but I would send Gausman and Machado.
    I really would love to get Stanton, I just don't see it as realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post

That's a damn shame the Twins can't keep him around. He's the face of their franchise. That would be a huge pickup for the O's.

vCash
    He is risky, but i think he would mash, if healthy, in our lineup.
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    Morneau would be a decent addition depending on his price. Solid bat and glove, but again he's a bit older and very injury prone. Stanton would be a HUGE addition but we will likely have to to part with Bundy or Machado which I'm not too sure I would want to do at this point. I would really like to see them grab a few FA's without having to break up the core that was very good last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Morneau would be a decent addition depending on his price. Solid bat and glove, but again he's a bit older and very injury prone. Stanton would be a HUGE addition but we will likely have to to part with Bundy or Machado which I'm not too sure I would want to do at this point. I would really like to see them grab a few FA's without having to break up the core that was very good last year.
    I believe Morneau is the same age or younger than Hamilton, which is 31. It does seem like he has been around awhile, but that is not too old. I bet if they pulled this off they would want a small window to try to negioate a couple year extention with a lot of performance clauses.
    The Truth Hurts.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast