Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ha no problem an O's fan are welcome to our post too as long there's no trolling .... Yes to Reinold. Were looking for a righty to platoon LF with Dirks. Is Jim Johnson or Patton available?

vCash
    Both are available from what I heard. Johnson is do some big cash putting him on the market for sure. Although, I hope he stays. Just ready an article saying the O's and Tigers are talking concerning, Hardy for Porcello and a Peralta. Honestly, I think the only way the O's move Hardy is if they are way into a different trade for either a SS, like Asdrubal Cabrera, a 3B like Mike Olt, or a 2B like Emilio Bonifacio. I don't think they'd want Peralta that's why I think a prospect is more likely.

vCash
    A user named REMMNI is saying we are making a push for Justin Upton, can anyone confirm this?
    The Truth Hurts.

vCash
    Not heard anything about that. I heard the red sox and rangers. That being said, I would rename my son Peter Dan Justin Angelos if it were true. I'd even consider including him in a trade as long as the Diamond Backs allow him to continue to root for the Os.

Seriously, I doubt we could pull it off without including Manny. They don't need pitching and that's the only thing we have worth Upton. We can't move Jones or Weiters so it would have to be Manny. I'd think about but at the end of the day, I think Manny must stay an O for life.

What about Johnson, Hardy and Schoop? Nope, don't think its enough. Any other options not including Manny?

vCash
    I just read his post. Is Bourne one of those FAs we'd have to give up a 1st rounder for? If not, we should consider him more because, we would not have to give up so much talent to get him.

vCash
    Yes, we would have to give up a first rounder if we signed him..

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

vCash
    What about Dallas Braden? Is he a first rounder too. I think he could be a great fit if he is not.

vCash
    Braden did not receive a tender offer and actually was taken off the A's 40 man roster at the end of Oct. he declined the demotion to AAA and elected for free agency.

vCash
    So the Marlins are still listening to offers for G Stanton, so what would something like this look to them. LJ Hoes, Reimold, Arrieta and P Bridwell. They would get a starting Pitcher in Arrieta, the # 8 prospect in Bridwell, and Hoes and reimold as two OF. Hoes and Bridwell are under team controll for longer than Stanton and have some upside, along with Arrieta and Reimold needing a change in scenery. if we needed, we can always trhough in another BP arm like S Johnson or T Patton. i think they (Miami) would go for something like that. I know wishful thinking but hey they traded the farm to Toronto.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure it would take Bundy and or Manny, so I don't see it happening. Considering what the Jays gave up. What teams have the farm system to take the hit? The Rays, Braves, Arizona, Pirates, Texas and Seattle. Not saying the Os could pull it off but it would mean a total shift in front office strategy.

vCash
    As much as i would love Giancarlo, I'm pretty sure it would take Bundy, Manny, Schoop plus. If anybody gets him, it will probably be the Rangers or someone with an incredibly deep farm system. Not us. As much as I want him, maybe we can get him when he is a free agent...

vCash
    figured as much, but Bundy and Manny are off limits...believe Schoop is also...Wishful thinking though

vCash
    So I was thinking, what would it take for us to get Headley from the Padres? I was thinking a three team deal which includes us, the Padres and Arizona.

We get :
    Headley
    Maybe Jason Kubel?

Diamondbacks get:
    JJ Hardy

Padres get:
    prospects from BAL and Arizona. Maybe we give up Arrieta and Avery or something. Obviously, we chip in more if Kubel is added to the deal.

I don't know if this would be a fit, but maybe we could get Kubel in the deal too. I know Arizona wanted a young controllable SS for Upton, so maybe they would take a vet with a great glove and 2 affrodable years left on his contract instead. What do you guys think? Moving Machado to SS permanently?

vCash
    We get:

Chase Headley
    Jason Kubel

Arizona gets:

JJ Hardy
    Brian Matusz
    Parker Bridwell

Padres get:

Jake Arrieta
    LJ Hoes
    Nolan Reimold
    Adam Eaton (OF from Arizona, their 7th best prospect)
    Michael Perez (Catcher from Arizona, their 11th best prospect)

Maybe we would have to give up more?

Our lineup would be

C Wieters
    1B Davis
    2B Roberts/Casilla/Flaherty
    SS Machado
    3B Headley
    LF McLouth
    CF Jones
    RF Markakis
    DH Kubel (he is an awful defender)

vCash
    i Dont like giving up Matusz, it just something about him i like...plus he was lights out in the BP last year, maybe S Johnson instead of Matusz, keep him for the BP and spot starter. But i would be ok for headley and kubel coming over...

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast