Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well guys, the offseason is officially underway.

Congrats to San Francisco on winning the World Series. Hopefully that's us next year.

vCash
    Based off this it sounds as if we have our 2nd baseman in house of will be Casilla.

Orioles Claim Alexi Casilla

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 2 at 2:04pm CST]

The Orioles claimed second baseman Alexi Casilla off of waivers from the Twins, Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports (Twitter links). The Orioles have confirmed the move.

Casilla had been a non-tender candidate in Minnesota since he projects to earn $1.8MM following a disappointing season. The 28-year-old hit .241/.282/.321 in 326 plate appearances in 2012. Orioles executive VP Dan Duquette said the acquisition of Casilla means the Orioles won't pursue other second basemen, Connolly reports

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#wh9DoBpY14P2lFvz.99

vCash
    What the hell? Why? We have 10 guys like him.

vCash
    anyone hearing anything? hearing from diff't sources we might be willing to trade some of our pitching for a hitter. latest rumor has the royals interested in pitching and seem to be willing to part with Butler. I think it would take a lot to pry him away from the royals. not sure we have enough to make that happen....

anyone interested in Haren now that he is a free agent?

just waiting for the hot stove to heat up.

vCash
    Very interested in Haren, would be awesome to bring in Butler/Hoz from Royals. I'd prefer to nab Hosmer honestly. And although it'd take a bit to get him, I think it'd be well worth it.

Casilla is better than our other 2B otpions. He hit .240 last year, better than what we were throwing out there for the most part. He's better defensively and on the base paths as well.

Not a huge fan, but he's an improvement. Would rather him be off the bench and we find someone better. We'll see.

vCash

vCash

Just Read on mlbtraderumor.com

Hamilton is looking for 7 yrs at $ 175 m. That would put him at 38 years old when it is over. He certainly can play DH too but that's really risky. I love him and would be really pumped if we did get him but I doubt it. Not the end of the world especially if we take that money and spend it in other areas like pitching. I'd rather Grinkie, Sanibal, the two young pitchers from Asia or BJ Upton for less money.

vCash
    I doubt that's realistic or what he's expecting.

vCash
    As far as a possible KC trade, I'd love Hamel for Mike Moustakas, Brett Myers or Butler. I think Haren is ok but it depends on the price. He's no spring chicken.

PS Let'd get Lindstom back.

vCash
    Eh, doubt we get that top spect from KC for Hammel lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    Hamilton is great, but honestly, I don't see us getting him. I want us to pump money into our scouting and international scouting. Go get Otani and look to 2015 and beyond.

The only way I'd touch Hamilton was if it was for 5 years, 125 mill. Not a penny more, not a year more. We could take that contract, but it would put a massive handcuff on us as a middle market team. If he didn't perform, you can kiss goodbye to competing until 2017.

vCash
    Agreed on Hamilton 5 yrs 125 sounds right. I really wish we had a shot at Otani. A while ago I heard that the Mets were not happy with Ike Davis. Might he be the kind of guy the O's could get for some pitching? Thoughts?

vCash
    Hosmer, Butler, Ike Davis maybe...there's some solid 1B options out there. Would be awesome to get one. I like Reynolds, but those guys would be pretty big additions.

I heard we had interest in one of the big time overseas guys, hope we can continue to build though that market.

vCash
    I'd like to see us add McCarthy. Neither him or Hammels are true 1s, but both are very good 2s.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    I agree 100% on the Asia market. We have four real needs to get over the hump- In order- 2B, Front line SP, LF and 1B.

At Left- The more I think about it, the more I think the Os should re-sign McCloud if we aren't getting BJ Upton or Hamilton. He won't cost us much and he earned respect with the O's. That gives us an outfield of Nick M, Adam, Davis, Reinolds and Nate. Not too bad.

SP- We have youth and depth but no ace. I just don't think Hammel can do it again. I think he fits in a long relief situation. Joe Saunders is the same type of pitcher. So we need to find one more good pitcher. I heard we aren't in on Zach G but what about Sanchez? Maybe he fits better. If we can't get an ace we should pass. McCarthy is ok but not a shut down guy. Haren scares me but its all about the deal it would take to land him. I don't see the Rays trading Shields or Helli in the division. What else is out there? Marcum and Zambrano could be dark horse guys.

In house, Chen is a 2 really he was good but I don't see him improving much. Bundy may be ready and Gausman could be ok too either one could be that guy. Tillman looks like he is ready to move into that role too. Johnson was a surprise I think he'll be good but no ace.

I think we still have real issues at 2nd. What potential trades are out there to fill this spot? Maybe we move Manny to short, Hardy to 2B and go for a trade at 3rd.

1B- Reynolds is very inconsistent so he's like McCloud and Haren- the deal is the thing. I'd rather have Ike Davis.

I may the only one thinking this but I'd love to see us pick up someone who can give weiters a breather like Napoli.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast