Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Just thinking a bit. A year ago most of us was in agreement to a degree that maybe it was time to trade Bailey with the intention that he needed a change in scenery would do him good. I was one that wanted to let him go and thank goodness we didn't. Maybe thats what will happen with Stubbs. I think we need to do whatever we need to upgrade but hang on to Stubbs. His stock is low and letting him go i think is pointless. Maybe he will catch fire and have a breakout year. He obviously knows his leash is short and the off season will do him well. Hope so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Just thinking a bit. A year ago most of us was in agreement to a degree that maybe it was time to trade Bailey with the intention that he needed a change in scenery would do him good. I was one that wanted to let him go and thank goodness we didn't. Maybe thats what will happen with Stubbs. I think we need to do whatever we need to upgrade but hang on to Stubbs. His stock is low and letting him go i think is pointless. Maybe he will catch fire and have a breakout year. He obviously knows his leash is short and the off season will do him well. Hope so.
    I don't think he has a short leash. at one point last year, Heisey was hitting higher than Stubbs OBP. and Dusty was still starting Stubbs. for some reason, they love him. but i think they want a leadoff hitter, the fans and all the writers in Cincinnati have made it clear that's what this team needs.

and besides, they have already moved Hamilton to CF, which basically means that he's taking over. I suspect Stubbs will be gone this off season, but if not, he will be after next season because Hamilton is supposed to be up by then.

to be honest, I think that the Reds will non tender Stubbs because he isn't worth anything on the trade market anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    No I was wasted when I posted that haha.

no drunk posting in my forum. I won't allow it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    to be honest, I think that the Reds will non tender Stubbs because he isn't worth anything on the trade market anyway.
    I could see that happening too. If the Reds go to Arb with Stubbs he would likely get something in the neighborhood of 2-3mil for next year. I think that is too much. I'm fine with them bringing Stubbs back, but only at a reduced cost (1-1.5mil). Stubbs does not have a lot trade value right now, but I could see a deal that packaged Stubbs and Bailey for Denard Span (Stubbs would fill the void in CF for the Twins). The Reds would actually save money or break even if you factor in the arbitration raises that both Stubbs and Bailey will get this offseason. The issue with a trade like this means that somebody like Chapman or Cingrani has to step into the rotation.

If the Reds are going to trade Bailey this is the perfect time to do so. His value has never been higher than it is right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post

no drunk posting in my forum. I won't allow it

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    I could see that happening too. If the Reds go to Arb with Stubbs he would likely get something in the neighborhood of 2-3mil for next year. I think that is too much. I'm fine with them bringing Stubbs back, but only at a reduced cost (1-1.5mil). Stubbs does not have a lot trade value right now, but I could see a deal that packaged Stubbs and Bailey for Denard Span (Stubbs would fill the void in CF for the Twins). The Reds would actually save money or break even if you factor in the arbitration raises that both Stubbs and Bailey will get this offseason. The issue with a trade like this means that somebody like Chapman or Cingrani has to step into the rotation.

If the Reds are going to trade Bailey this is the perfect time to do so. His value has never been higher than it is right now.
    I could see the Reds trading Bailey. however I don't think the Twins want Stubbs unless we throw in another really good prospect and by then it might not be worth it. almost like we're paying them to take him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12