Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Suns preseason news and workouts

"Creeping toward the real stuff, the Suns started working on the chemistry of their new team with their first group voluntary workouts this week. The group should grow Monday for some five-on-five-play with more arrivals but this week was a good start with Goran Dragic, Jared Dudley, Sebastian Telfair, P.J. Tucker, Wesley Johnson, Kendall Marshall and Markieff Morris on hand, as well as Morris' twin, Marcus. Channing Frye has been around too but can't participate in scrimmaging yet because of his shoulder rehabilitation." Arizona Republic

Sounds like a good start!
    This is exactly what we need! I want to see Beasley there also

The 3 headed Point Guard?

vCash
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...st-steve-nash/

Good positive article about the suns. We have heard it all but it does sound promising!

vCash
    Here's a bunch of key points (some I never knew about) in the recent Coro article.

They acquired free agents they targeted: Michael Beasley, Goran Dragic and Jermaine O'Neal. Their move to sign Eric Gordon to a maximum-level offer sheet, only to have it matched by New Orleans, was as much about displaying their willingness to spend as it was the slim hope that the Hornets would let him go.
    The Suns had chances to trade for point guards on draft day but passed, partly because of their affinity for top draft pick Kendall Marshall (who e-mailed Suns brass with his desire to join the team).
    I'm guessing maybe a deal with Indy that they did with the Mavs?

Dragic agreed to less than he had been asking because he wanted to return, a sentiment that was evident when he visited with Suns players and staffers before and after each game against Houston last season. There was some internal push for Raymond Felton, but Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver favored Dragic, just as he pushed for Luis Scola, via an amnesty waiver that came the day after New Orleans matched Gordon's offer sheet.
    The Suns expedited the Gordon process by sending Trennis Jones, a basketball operations special assistant, to Houston with Gordon so that he could sign the offer sheet and be close to New Orleans. Jones saved a day of transport by making a same-day, in-person delivery to New Orleans, starting the clock on that weeklong waiting time.

That day went to picking up Scola, a credit to basketball administration director Trevor Bukstein's payroll acumen. The Suns made an offer just over what every other team could do except Cleveland, which did not enter one.
    "We always said we wouldn't trade Robin unless we got a first-round draft choice," Babby said.

Minnesota already had talked to Phoenix about taking on a contract because of its need to clear space with an offer out to Nicolas Batum. That wound up melding with New Orleans' interest in Lopez for a three-team deal that sent Wesley Johnson and a conditional first-round pick to the Suns.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...#ixzz260qdH0Hy

vCash
    well i'll take effort and heart over anything else. i just wanna see these guys play their guts out on defense every play.

vCash
    A slightly pointless video interviewing PJ Tucker and Marshall: http://www.nba.com/suns/video/suns-social-networking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    A slightly pointless video interviewing PJ Tucker and Marshall: http://www.nba.com/suns/video/suns-social-networking
    Cool to see that. I know Mr. ORNG tried out for that Social Media interviewer spot too. This guy seemed to do a good job. Didn't sound nervous and didn't really stumble.

I'm anxious to see Tucker in extended minutes this year (whenever he may get them).

vCash
    I'm excited about Tucker even if he is a min level FA who's spent the last few years in europe. I think he's going to be a fan favorite by the end of the season because of his hustle. MARK MY WORDS!

vCash
    i wanna see how johnson and beasely will do in the Suns up-tempo offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I'm excited about Tucker even if he is a min level FA who's spent the last few years in europe. I think he's going to be a fan favorite by the end of the season because of his hustle. MARK MY WORDS!
    Just marking down your words....

Tucker......hustle....fan favorite..... done

I think he's capable of this too. At the very least, we have a guy that will do everything in his power to remain in the NBA. Whether it's on or off the court.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I think he's capable of this too. At the very least, we have a guy that will do everything in his power to remain in the NBA. Whether it's on or off the court.
    ...do you really think he could pull a Nancy Kerrigan and bust someones knees? jk

Has anyone seen the preseason roster? who have they invited for the practice team? Im starting to see some other teams put out some invites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTPLANS View Post
    ...do you really think he could pull a Nancy Kerrigan and bust someones knees? jk

Has anyone seen the preseason roster? who have they invited for the practice team? Im starting to see some other teams put out some invites.
    Nothing yet. I'm sure Coro will update us once it's announced.
    I hope some games are televised (or streamed). Feels good to have something to root for again (in this years case, growth).

vCash
    all i care about is 13 guys playing with effort and toughness everynight. that's more important to me than winning games.

vCash
    http://www.nba.com/suns/video/voluntary-workouts

Short vid interviewing Dudley and Dragic. There's also a little throwback video of Dragics 2008 draft workout afterwards in the playlist, you can tell how high on him we were back then.

Seeing as they've closed these workouts to the media, I wish they'd make these vids longer. They could double the length and they would still short.

vCash
    Yea, I watched that practice video about 5 times, trying to pick out who was in the background.

There is this one big guy with a white muscle shirt on. Is that Oneal? cuz he looks about 4 or 5 inches taller than Beasley.

For sure I saw Beasley, Dragic, Dudley, Scola and I think I saw Marshall and Johnson. Its hard to tell with such a short video but if you watch it 5 times it is almost 5 minutes long.

vCash
    Coro posted that Alando Tucker will be trying out for the Bucks. I hope he can find a spot with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast