Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    i love the gardner love, when we need an rbi and he pops out it will be fun to read the game day threads of people damning him
    People are acting like 40 HR and 100+ RBIs are easy to replace. Granderson is far from a perfect player, but replacing his production won't be as easy as a lot of people seem to think on here. Especially when we're most likely losing a lot when Swisher leaves.

I'd be curious to see how happy people will really be if they get their wish and we have an OF that could combine for 15 HRs next year.

vCash
    Ill trade Cano before Grandy.... Cano and his lazy, "i want a 10 year contract" can be the bait.

But Grandy, if his eyes are 20/200, should be on deck as well....

vCash
    Grandy is back as the $13 million option is a no brainier......
    Nick

vCash
    no brainer. Lefty with Power, and good range in the OF.. yeah he's coming back.
    Cano at 10 years... Sorry, not that much dope to smoke before I would dole that out. PED's are gone and so are the players playing out 10 year contracts where they are good at the end. Most should retire before they get to year 8.

A-Rod is still a very good 3rd baseman, but he is no longer the great he once was. The Yanks will probably be paying a bit less than double for what they will get. Still more than many teams will have there. I am also hoping he finds his power stroke again. Would be nice to see him erase Barry Bonds record out of the books (for many reasons... I hate BB, especially for the way he dissed the yanks when he was a UFA and then went to SF for only 500,000 more. Not to mention he was the poster child for PED's)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    People are acting like 40 HR and 100+ RBIs are easy to replace. Granderson is far from a perfect player, but replacing his production won't be as easy as a lot of people seem to think on here. Especially when we're most likely losing a lot when Swisher leaves.

I'd be curious to see how happy people will really be if they get their wish and we have an OF that could combine for 15 HRs next year.
    First of all, 40hrs is not guaranteed. We know Granderson has done it two seasons in a row, but look at what he gave up to do it the second time around. He's literally swinging for the fences on every at bat and his strikeouts and batting average shows. He may have hit 40 hrs, but I question the value of those home runs when that's all he does. He's not great on defense, he doesn't walk that often, and his BA and BA with RISP is atrocious.

Hitting 40 hrs a year on a consistent basis is nearly impossible. Very few home run hitters actually accomplish this outside of the steriod era. I don't expect Granderson to do it again.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    granderson is adam dunn with defense now
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    "defense"

vCash
    Kevin Long taught Granderson how to hit an inside pitch, especially from a lefthander, which he was unable to hit before and this is not a bad thing.

However, now pitchers who can throw sliders for strikes on the outside corner (or on the black) are striking him out consistently, because he is favoring a swing that is meant for pitches on the inside part of the plate and not adjusting to the pitcher when it is obvious that they are pitching him low and outside. then he's getting mixed up and swinging over pitches inside, as well.

vCash
    STRIKE OUT KING - Will return for 15 Million, what a great move . . . .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234