Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Grandy is coming back !!

#yankees will pick up the $13M option on granderson's deal for 2013. easy call there, despite postseason struggles.
    5:50pm - 19 Oct 12

Per Heyman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    #yankees will pick up the $13M option on granderson's deal for 2013. easy call there, despite postseason struggles.
    5:50pm - 19 Oct 12

Per Heyman
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    Cool now let's gauge the trade market and see if we can trade him.

vCash

pipe dream

Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    lead team in hrs last year. We will pick up option on cano too. Let swish walk and resign ichiro, and put him in right. Move Jeter to 3rd, Nunez to ss, afraud to lhdh with chavez rhdh. Also resign Kuroda for insurance on Pettite. Great offseason see you next spring lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Khennick View Post
    lead team in hrs last year. We will pick up option on cano too. Let swish walk and resign ichiro, and put him in right. Move Jeter to 3rd, Nunez to ss, afraud to lhdh with chavez rhdh. Also resign Kuroda for insurance on Pettite. Great offseason see you next spring lol.
    The reason I think we should trade him now is not only because of his post season struggles but more so that he is due for an extension after '13. It would be silly paying Grandy 15mil per/yr long term. Might as well try to get something for him.

vCash
    He also had an .811 OPS, and 2.7 WAR. That sucks.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Um, have you seen Nunez field?

vCash

vCash
    Bingo! This is automatic

You don't just dump a 40HR asset. If the trade market stinks, you have a above avg fielding CF with very good speed and a swing built for our home ball park (and most others)

He's a good character guy that will get back to work (I'm sure) to cut down K's and raise the avg.

That said, we can get a good young SP (not prospect) or a few assets to better round out our lineup, you have to listen. There are ton of teams with limited "pop" and/or offensive production that might be willing to deal from excess strengths to get his power stroke

Dumping him to F/A would be RIDICULOUS!

vCash
    I think this is EXACTLY what is going on.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    50-48

G: 87 | AVG: .272 | HR: 2| RBI: 27| OBP: .326 | SLG: .320 | wOBA: .293 | wRC: 80

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash

vCash
    He has more value to the Yankees than other teams. His SLG is 100 points lower outside of Yankee Stadium.

If the Yankees don't want him despite the fact that he's perfect for Yankee Stadium...why would another team take him, unless it's for a very modest player/prospect? Yankees won't get much back. For example, Mets might give Yankees Nieuwenhuis and McHugh -- something like that -- plus some cash to pay his salary. Agree?
    Last edited by Dugmet; 10-20-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash

vCash
    Package him and A-Rod and send them packing to Miami...

vCash
    I really hope we trade him. I don't normally clamor for every big name, but I'd REALLY like to try to get Justin Upton for RF. Move Gardner to CF and resign Ichiro for LF.

I think a 3-4 of Upton-Cano is a nice thing moving forward. I really feel it would be worth it.

Also, hopefully Soriano opts out to free up some money there too. If A-Rod can be dumped, do it. Even if it only saves 7 or 8 million per year, I think we're better off. I don't expect A-Rod as a player to even be worth that by the end of the deal (though to a smaller market team he may be because he would probably still be a draw - gotta find a team he'd go to). I'm not sure how likely that is, but it would be nice. I really just want kind of a new beginning of sorts. I just think we maxed out as a playoff exit team witht he current group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast