Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    1500

    Where will your 2013 replacements come from?

    Why would The Yankees trade Phil Hughes? He may not be a #1 pitcher, but he is a legitimate #2 or #3. The kid is only 26, and his year this year wasn't as bad as people are saying. The gopher balls are more a product of Yankee stadium, but he can definitely pitch. The mandate is to drop payroll, sign Phil to team friendly contract, and keep Granderson. He was good enough for us to trade our top position prospect for (Ajax), so please don't tell me that he's now worthless. He needs to use all fields and that is a result of coaching. Remember Kevin Long tried to "improve" DJ in 2011, how did that work out? I know that players have to produce, but the coaches have to give the coaching and tutelage needed to produce. As far as Michael Bourne is concerned, he will not be in The Bronx. I can see Ichiro coming back and maybe taking a 1 yr flier on Torii Hunter but thats about it. I want the team to do with Melky Mesa what they did with Melky Cabrera: bring him up and let him play. Its time to get younger, and the best way to.do such is by playing your farm system.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,664
    vCash
    1500
    Welcome to the forums.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    477
    vCash
    1500
    we need a true cleanup hitter arod is no longer that we need someone to drive in those runs i dont think tex granderson or arod can do that consistently there prototypical bottom of the lineup hitters now in there careers i think we have too many hit or miss guys and not enough scrappy guys like scutaro pedroia of the worlds. Also the same guys that were high on base patient hitter are now homerun and strike out happy.
    i love the yankee haters you make us what we are today

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    1500
    I agree, and that leans towards a philosophy in coaching. We had the same type of players in 1998-2000 but was also had hitting coaches that preached going the other way. We need a hitting coach who understands this fact.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,070
    vCash
    1500

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    Great the Yanks made a qualifying offer to Swisher 1yr 13.5 million.... and they are not trading Arod... updated news straight from Cashman
    This makes total sense! If our regular RF signs with another team, we receive 2 draft picks, since he would be a Type A free agent. Plus, our only payroll issue is for 2014 not 2013, so the one year means nothing and if Swish is a RF?back up 1B, DH, because we can trade for someone better, so be it.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,719
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thapastime7 View Post
    we need a true cleanup hitter arod is no longer that we need someone to drive in those runs i dont think tex granderson or arod can do that consistently there prototypical bottom of the lineup hitters now in there careers i think we have too many hit or miss guys and not enough scrappy guys like scutaro pedroia of the worlds. Also the same guys that were high on base patient hitter are now homerun and strike out happy.
    I agree with most of what you say. One difference is that I really think Granderson can be that all around hitter. Singles, moving people over, turning doubles into triples, scoring from first on a double and just being a all around pain in the butt when on base. He turned into a short porch home run hitter and it is ruining him. I remember being excited when we got him and it was not because he was a home run hitter.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    N.Y.C.
    Posts
    403
    vCash
    1500
    YANKEE Check book after they PAY A-FRAUD 114 Million (next five years) & A. J. Burnett 10 MILLION next year. Will be interesting to see how Yankees stay under 189 Luxury tax and put championship team on the field.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,036
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan16 View Post
    Swish needs to be gone. I would replace him with Justin Upton. He is available for the right prospects but we don't have them so that's where a 3rd team will come in. Vv

    Three team trade:
    Arizona Get: Chase Headley, Eduardo Nunez, & Adam Warren
    Padres Get: Chris Johnson, Phil Hughes, & a pitching prospect from Dbacks
    Yankees: Justin Upton and mid tier prospects from both Dbacks and Padres.

    Then Let Ichiro walk and trade for Shin-Soo Choo.

    Indians Get: Ivan Nova, Jesus Flores, Angelo Gumbs
    Yankees Get: Shin-Soo Choo and prospects

    Then Trade Granderson to the Nationals.

    Nationals Get: Granderson, Chamberlain, & Betances
    Yankees Get: Anthony Rendon, Tyler Moore and Ross Detweiler

    What you think? Lol
    Yeah, nice... and at the end of this what do you have left?

    The oldest and most one dimensional team in the majors just got older and even more one dimensional.

    I am glad that you are NOT the Yankee GM... Let me guess.. You learned from the 1980's version of George Stienbrenner... throw away anyone under 30 to get aging vets with a track record... all of whom are in steep decline.

    Warren will probably pull an IPK... get to arizona where he will be put out there every 5th day and in a year or two approach 20 wins.
    Hughes in San Diego... Hell, he might even be starting the 2013 all star game. That place does not give up long balls often. and without foolish fans in NY, will probably relax and be the pitcher he was always touted to be.
    Nova is going through growing pains and you want him gone before he can prove himself... that would help him and hurt the NYY.

    Granderson... our best more reliable home run threat this year and you want to ship him out too....

    You forgot the biggest need... after these trades, you will need to have the daily delivery of geritol to Yankee stadium... because I don't think the old team will be able to go nightly without it.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    225
    vCash
    1500
    [/QUOTE]Yeah, nice... and at the end of this what do you have left?

    The oldest and most one dimensional team in the majors just got older and even more one dimensional.

    I am glad that you are NOT the Yankee GM... Let me guess.. You learned from the 1980's version of George Stienbrenner... throw away anyone under 30 to get aging vets with a track record... all of whom are in steep decline.

    Warren will probably pull an IPK... get to arizona where he will be put out there every 5th day and in a year or two approach 20 wins.
    Hughes in San Diego... Hell, he might even be starting the 2013 all star game. That place does not give up long balls often. and without foolish fans in NY, will probably relax and be the pitcher he was always touted to be.
    Nova is going through growing pains and you want him gone before he can prove himself... that would help him and hurt the NYY.

    Granderson... our best more reliable home run threat this year and you want to ship him out too....

    You forgot the biggest need... after these trades, you will need to have the daily delivery of geritol to Yankee stadium... because I don't think the old team will be able to go nightly without it.[/QUOTE]

    Obviously your not looking at the people I proposed to trade for. Outfielders in their primes under 30 and bring back some youth with Rendon, Detweiler, and Moore for Granderson who sure hits home runs but is a strike out machine. Dude is another Adam Dunn, he sucked in the playoffs and sucked most of last season. I would rather get 60 home runs from Gardner, Upton and Choo with a better batting average and OBP than have Granderson who is not worth 15mill plus! Open your eyes the Yankees are getting older and most of our stars are declining. Most of them were home run hitters but that failed miserably. We need hitters with power but that can also hit for average!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,047
    vCash
    1500
    The Nats trade makes no sense, for them at least. They have an outfield already set at Morse, Harper and Werth. So... they don't need Granderson.

    ... try again.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    225
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    The Nats trade makes no sense, for them at least. They have an outfield already set at Morse, Harper and Werth. So... they don't need Granderson.

    ... try again.
    Sometimes I think the people on this website do not watch baseball..lol. They need a center fielder. Yea they have morse, Harper, and worth, but none of them is the future in center field. That came straight from the mouth of the NATS GM. Morse is a 1B who can play the outfield. Worth is more suited as a right fielder and Harper as a left fielder due to his powerful throwing arm. So if laroche does not stay with Washington look for morse to move to 1b and the nationals be in the market for a center fielder. Also there is talks that morse is on the trading block. Idk I guess I'm the only one who actually watches and analyzes the game the right way.
    Last edited by YankeeFan16; 10-28-2012 at 03:15 PM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan16 View Post
    Sometimes I think the people on this website do not watch baseball..lol. They need a center fielder. Yea they have morse, Harper, and worth, but none of them is the future in center field. That came straight from the mouth of the NATS GM. Morse is a 1B who can play the outfield. Worth is more suited as a right fielder and Harper as a left fielder due to his powerful throwing arm. So if laroche does not stay with Washington look for morse to move to 1b and the nationals be in the market for a center fielder. Also there is talks that morse is on the trading block. Idk I guess I'm the only one who actually watches and analyzes the game the right way.
    Err mer gerd!!! UR SO RIGHT BRO!

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...king-contract/

    ... it's going to be Morse - Harper - Werth and Laroche at first next year.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,313
    vCash
    1500
    the nats rather trade for gardner than granderson, just cause a team needs a CF doesnt automatically make the yankees the best fit since they can go get bourne, bj upton or make a trade for someone cost friendlier than granderson

    the assumption from yankee fans is that they think that teams would trade with the yankees only and that no other factors take place.

    thats why you see stupid ideas like the yankees making trades for upton, moustakas, the marlins and others and the rest of the league is just going to watch

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    First off, I'd resign Kuroda for 1 yr/14m or 2yrs/24m. Next I'd resign Martin to hold down C until Sanchez is ready to take over in 2 or 3 years. Martin could be had for 3 yrs/24m I'd guess. I'd resign Chavez for a year, he did a great job filling in for A-Rod while he was injured. I'd pick up Grandy's option because even with the almost 200 k's, he does hit 40 HRs and that's hard to find. No extension for Granderson though. Hopefully Mo decides he wants to come back. If Sori opts out, good riddance if Mo comes back. If Mo retires, we're kind of stuck with trying to resign him unless the FO wants to take a chance with Robertson or Joba closing to save that 14m next year which I think is a possibility. I hope Andy comes back for a year because if not for being hit by a line drive in the ankle, he would have had a great year. He was pitching great and is a solid number three starter. I'd also think about signing Wang and/or Rich Harden to minor league deals because they too could be great project signing that could be low risk, high reward signing as well.

    I'd let Swish go; his postseason stats are really starting to annoy me and his average is awful year in and year out. I'd let Ichiro go because I don't trust that he can repeat his numbers with us for another year or two, especially with him knocking on 40 years old. I'd let Andruw Jones go.... enough said.

    As for fixes... I'd sign Grady Sizemore to a minor league deal if he'd accept it because he could potentially put the injury bug behind him and be a great signing. Low risk, high reward guy. I'd love to sign a Michael Bourn but with him probably looking at a 4-6 year deal worth around 15m per year, the FO will probably stay away from that. Because of that, I think they want Nunez's bat in the lineup every day and I think if they want to continue to cut costs to get under 189m, they could possibly stick Nunez in RF if Sizemore doesn't work out.

    Potential NYY Outlook for 2013:

    SP: 1. CC Sabathia 2. Hiroki Kuroda 3. Andy Pettitte 4. Phil Hughes 5. Michael Pineda/Wang/Harden

    Bullpen: CL - Rivera/Soriano SU - Soriano SU - Robertson MR - Chamberlain MR- Logan MR - Eppley MR - Rapada

    vs RHP: vs LHP:
    1. Gardner LF 1. Jeter SS
    2. Jeter SS 2. Nunez RF
    3. Cano 2B 3. Cano 2B
    4. Teixeira 1B 4. Teixeira 1B
    5. Granderson CF 5. Rodriguez 3B
    6. Rodriguez 3B 6. Martin C
    7. Martin C 7. Granderson CF
    8. ? DH 8. ? DH
    9. Nunez RF 9. Gardner LF

    It's not the most dangerous lineup, but our pitching is solid and we would definitely be lowering payroll, especially if Soriano leaves and if Martin can be had for 8m/year. Next year, Granderson will be let go and that's 15m off the books. Trades can be had obviously if the lineup isn't producing during the year or even during this offseason. We really need to hope that Betances and Banuelos return to form next year though... REALLY need to hope..

    Again, this is not what I'd us to look like, I just think it IS what we're going to look like. I'd love to sign Bourn and Delmon Young and Shaun Marcum but I just don't think we're going to make a big NEW impact signing. If anything big goes down this offseason, I think it'll be by trade and that's it.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    829
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    the nats rather trade for gardner than granderson, just cause a team needs a CF doesnt automatically make the yankees the best fit since they can go get bourne, bj upton or make a trade for someone cost friendlier than granderson

    the assumption from yankee fans is that they think that teams would trade with the yankees only and that no other factors take place.

    thats why you see stupid ideas like the yankees making trades for upton, moustakas, the marlins and others and the rest of the league is just going to watch
    Agreed. But it wouldn't surprise me to see the Nats and Yanks make a deal involving Granderson or Gardner, depending on where the free agents end up. The other deals, for Upton, or any of the Royals players, are basically just wishful thinking. I highly doubt we do any trades with those teams, and in my opinion, I'd be surprised if we made any major trades at all. I'm expecting a quiet offseason, unfortunately.

    The Stanton trades crack me up the most though. We might as well list some trades for Mike Trout as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •