Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think CW is correct that interior defense is going to be an issue for this team for the foreseeable future, but I think we should all just take the "wait and see" approach. Avery himself admitted today the Nets have not reached that level of defensive intensity and physicality, and presumably he has to be referencing his big men, and the team has to collectively make adjustments to solve that issue. It's unrealistic to suggest that Lopez and Humphries will become an aggressive, defensive minded duo overnight, but, as NI from NetsDaily always used to say, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. If the Nets realize these deficiencies and work together to improve them, I think they'll get there defensively.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash

Amazing

you apparently have ALL the answers to problems that you say the Nets have and will have forever until they dump Hump and Lopez unceramoniosly on some other team. I can buy into parts of your arguments but to say it just (flat out won't work) with no discussion needed ...well if you are THE MAN why don't the Nets just can the GM and let you run the team? Are they perfect as constructed? no. Can they be entertaining and get to the playoffs? yes. Can they get better over time? yes. I'd like to see how this team progresses and see where they end up at the end of the season when all the dust has settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    I know that Lopez is better than most the players i mentioned. However ALL of those players would make this team better!!! Cousins is far superior in every area of the game. Asik, Noah, and Ibaka are elite defenders. Nene if not a good defender he at least has the tools to be better in the right system.

I mean i love Lopez. However the Nets made him obsolete with the way they constructed this roster. Deron and JJ could (in theory) make any C we put in there good for 12+ points per game when they learn the system. Deron and JJ are also scorers and Wallace is too when needed. Offense is NOT the issue i forsee with this team. When we gel we will be a good team offensively.

However having two guys who are both very bad defensively in our front court with the back up bigs ALSO being bad defensively is borderline insane in this league.

Do you realize how perfect and dangerous this team would become if we swung a Lopez for Asik or Noah trade and a Humphries+Brooks+Taylor for L.Aldridge trade?

Oh man i get excited just dreaming about it.

We need interior defense in the worst way. This Nets team as constructed is set to be historically bad defensively

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    you apparently have ALL the answers to problems that you say the Nets have and will have forever until they dump Hump and Lopez unceramoniosly on some other team. I can buy into parts of your arguments but to say it just (flat out won't work) with no discussion needed ...well if you are THE MAN why don't the Nets just can the GM and let you run the team? Are they perfect as constructed? no. Can they be entertaining and get to the playoffs? yes. Can they get better over time? yes. I'd like to see how this team progresses and see where they end up at the end of the season when all the dust has settled.
    Your sarcasm and condescending remarks are absolutely comical.

You sound like the Knicks fans that like to brag about simply making the playoffs. I do not want the Nets to be entertaining and just "make the playoffs".

Even if Avery can improve their mentality defensively there is only so much that a guy with Lopez's physical limitations can do. He is not the guy that this team needs in the middle. You realize absolutely NONE of our bigs are competent defensively? None.

Where did i say to "dump" anyone. I suggested addition by subtraction by trading Lopez for someone that better suits this team.

Is a guy like Asik better than Lopez. No. Would Asik make this team better? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    I think CW is correct that interior defense is going to be an issue for this team for the foreseeable future, but I think we should all just take the "wait and see" approach. Avery himself admitted today the Nets have not reached that level of defensive intensity and physicality, and presumably he has to be referencing his big men, and the team has to collectively make adjustments to solve that issue. It's unrealistic to suggest that Lopez and Humphries will become an aggressive, defensive minded duo overnight, but, as NI from NetsDaily always used to say, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. If the Nets realize these deficiencies and work together to improve them, I think they'll get there defensively.
    I have zero faith in Avery Johnson. He is vastly overrated for doing well with his inherited roster in Dallas. He may be a no nonsense coach and a player's coach but his offensive sets and plays are atrocious.

vCash
    I have zero faith in Avery Johnson. He is vastly overrated for doing well with his inherited roster in Dallas. He may be a no nonsense coach and a player's coach but his offensive sets and plays are atrocious.
    Well, he'll be here for the foreseeable future, so the best thing we can do at this point is hope for the best.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    Well, he'll be here for the foreseeable future, so the best thing we can do at this point is hope for the best.
    Unfortunately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    Sure. Just piggy back off a smarter poster than you instead of providing any evidence to support our ridiculous opinions.

You're a joke kid.

vCash
    Sure. Just piggy back off a smarter poster than you instead of providing any evidence to support our ridiculous opinions.

You're a joke kid.
    coming from the kid who wants to get rid of brook lopez for asik

lawlllllll
    [

vCash
    Lopez for Asik isn't as ridiculous as it sounds.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    Lopez for Asik isn't as ridiculous as it sounds.
    Thank you. The funny thing is that i never claimed Asik is better than Lopez. Lopez is clearly better but my point was that his talents would be better utilized with a different team.

The Nets would become better with an elite level defender in the middle.

vCash
    This is why I suggested a Nene for Hump and parts at the deadline. Stick Nene at the four and I think his post defense can really bring this team to another level. Obviously this trade depends on how the Wizards are playing but I think more likely then not they'd take the opportunity to dump a longer contract in Nene for Hump and maybe picks.

vCash
    I love Lopez. I like the kid so much and want him to do well but i also want the Nets to win.

We cannot win with him. We just can't. If you do not see a problem with a 7'1 guy throwing up floaters and layups in the paint and getting blocked by guards then i am not sure there is anything left to say

Also all those guys i listed would make us much better with our current roster than Lopez. We simply do not need a scoring C.
    STFU...you sound like a little whiny *****....the season hasnt even started and you are already saying the Nets cant win...and if Brook really is as bad as you think then why would any team want to trade for him
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano24 View Post
    STFU...you sound like a little whiny *****....the season hasnt even started and you are already saying the Nets cant win...and if Brook really is as bad as you think then why would any team want to trade for him
    wilfredo6079@yahoo.com

Did i disrespect you pus*y? Why do you have to come at me like that simply because you disagree? Its cool.

Hit me up and we can exchange contact info. I can personally show you just how much of a whiny **** i am. Jmoney feel free to hit me up too. It's real easy to act tough from behind a screen.

Hit me up asap

vCash
    wilfredo6079@yahoo.com

Did i disrespect you pus*y? Why do you have to come at me like that simply because you disagree? Its cool.

Hit me up and we can exchange contact info. I can personally show you just how much of a whiny **** i am. Jmoney feel free to hit me up too. It's real easy to act tough from behind a screen.

Hit me up asap
    got your keyboard muscles out for all to see lol
    [/CENTER]

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast