Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Well watch again. He got blocked by guards at least twice this pre season. Not the point. You do not get it.

Defense CAN be taught. I agree. You cannot teach quickness, athleticism, reaction time, nor toughness.

He might improve if they coach him right and learn to be in the right spots and commit less mistakes but in the end our coach sucks and there is only so much he can learn.

Some people just do not have the tools.
    you're underrating how much lopez contributes to this offense...you take lopez away who will score consistently? and get buckets when WE NEED THEM?

I guess you want joe johnson to go back to ISO JOE and deron williams getting doubled every possesion
    [

vCash
    The Nets built this roster to WIN NOW and with Lopez in it we will NOT WIN NOW. It is that simple. The Nets made Lopez a luxury with the way the constructed the roster.

It's almost like they were not planning on him returning because they thought that they were gonna get the best C in the game and then got screwed by the Lakers.... oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    The Nets built this roster to WIN NOW and with Lopez in it we will NOT WIN NOW. It is that simple. The Nets made Lopez a luxury with the way the constructed the roster.

It's almost like they were not planning on him returning because they thought that they were gonna get the best C in the game and then got screwed by the Lakers.... oh wait...
    I can see if you made this post 2 months into the season but we arent even done with the preseason and you're making posts like this

definitely premature
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    you're underrating how much lopez contributes to this offense...you take lopez away who will score consistently? and get buckets when WE NEED THEM?

I guess you want joe johnson to go back to ISO JOE and deron williams getting doubled every possesion
    How many times do i have to spell this out for you? Lopez scores 18 and gives up more than that with his mistakes and his defense issues.

Johnson is a scorer. Deron is our star and can score. Wallace can score. Brooks can score. Teletovic can score. Blatche can score. Scoring for this team will not be a problem when we start getting our chemistry down.

We do no lack scoring. We lack defense in the worst way. It is so bad.

I am not placing ALL the blame on Lopez. I realize how bad Humphries is also. They are both really bad.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I can see if you made this post 2 months into the season but we arent even done with the preseason and you're making posts like this

definitely premature
    Stop worrying about the ****ing pre-season! Who cares about some meaningless pre-seaon wins??? I am basing all this off of years of watching Lopez's attitude, instincts, physical deficiencies, and softness.

There are things you cannot teach a C and Lopez suffers from a lot of them. If he ever improves defensively it will be marginal and not enough for us to contend. The Nets made their bed this summer and now must sleep on it. Lopez is unnecessary in this current roster. We have scorers. We need interior defense.

vCash
    How many times do i have to spell this out for you? Lopez scores 18 and gives up more than that with his mistakes and his defense issues.

Johnson is a scorer. Deron is our star and can score. Wallace can score. Brooks can score. Teletovic can score. Blatche can score. Scoring for this team will not be a problem when we start getting our chemistry down.

We do no lack scoring. We lack defense in the worst way. It is so bad.

I am not placing ALL the blame on Lopez. I realize how bad Humphries is also. They are both really bad.

#1... lopez is not responsible for 18+ points a night on the defensive end... thats just ridiculous

yes we lack interior defense... but getting rid of a 7 footer who can actually do SOME things on defense is not the answer... getting rid of the undersized PF who is actually worse than lopez on the PNR and can ONLY rebound would be the smart decision....
    [

vCash
    Stop worrying about the ****ing pre-season! Who cares about some meaningless pre-seaon wins??? I am basing all this off of years of watching Lopez's attitude, instincts, physical deficiencies, and softness.

There are things you cannot teach a C and Lopez suffers from a lot of them. If he ever improves defensively it will be marginal and not enough for us to contend. The Nets made their bed this summer and now must sleep on it. Lopez is unnecessary in this current roster. We have scorers. We need interior defense.
    no because as much as you want to downplay it... you are basing this off of the preseason... thats why threads like this werent made until games started
    [

vCash
    no because as much as you want to downplay it... you are basing this off of the preseason... thats why threads like this werent made until games started
    Threads like this were made now because people wanted to see how he looked physically after a summer of hard work.

he looks bigger but as soft as always. I am not looking at his stats. I am looking at how he gets pushed on the blocks by smaller guys, gets blocked by guards. These are not things gathered from pre-season. These are physical issues he has had for years that i was hoping would be corrected now that he got his muscles back and is healthy again.

vCash
    #1... lopez is not responsible for 18+ points a night on the defensive end... thats just ridiculous

yes we lack interior defense... but getting rid of a 7 footer who can actually do SOME things on defense is not the answer... getting rid of the undersized PF who is actually worse than lopez on the PNR and can ONLY rebound would be the smart decision....
    Yes he is. Next time you watch a game: Mute it. Watch what he does when doubled. Watch what he does when crowded. What how he gets pushed on the blocks. Watch how little he fights for position. Watch how often he goes up strong as opposed to missing rushed layups/floaters. On defense watch how slow he is. Watch how late his is on help defense. Watch all the drives to the basket. Watch how guards drive by him like nothing or how he barely gets close enough to contest shots. Just watch everything BESIDES the 18pts he scores.

vCash
    He gets blocked by guards and not even from behind like Wade does. He is legitimately getting blocked by guards

He rarely ever dunks and instead prefers to lay it up or float it up

He is soft. It has nothing to do with pre season.
    You are right with these points. However most of the players you mentioned are worse than Lopez. Think about this: when you trade Lopez for a defensive Ibaka, who is gonna lay it up around the basket? That way you are creating so much more work for the guards who are gonna have to be offensive beasts for 82 games. Hump is mediocre around the basket, he can alley-oop, but give him the ball with defenders in the paint and he's much worse than Lopez. Teletovic is a shooter, he's not gonna be very active around the basket since this is not the Euroleague anymore. Lopez is the only big man on the roster, and one of the few in the league, who you can give the ball to and watch him score points. That asset should only be traded for the exact opposite, a Ben Wallace type who is great defensively yet bad on offense. Because the NBA has hundreds of big men who are okay at both.

vCash
    Lopez physically has the tools to be a decent defender at the very least which is all that matters. Not having to carry the load offensively is huge but it will take time. If Dirk Nowitzki who was easily a bottom 5 defender early in his career can learn to become a decent defender so can Brook.

vCash
    Trade you Lopez for Asik and Terrence Jones

haha, yeah I would actually do that. and I think it would be a fair trade all around as they are 2 solid players (Jones really looks like he has an NBA game in him already and would be the leading rook for a team with 4 top 20 rooks on it) Asik and Lopez are the complete opposite as far as centers go, but watching a 7 footer go to work with left and right handed hooks and back to the basket moves is a thing of beauty that has been lost to the nba for a long time
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Lopez physically has the tools to be a decent defender at the very least which is all that matters. Not having to carry the load offensively is huge but it will take time. If Dirk Nowitzki who was easily a bottom 5 defender early in his career can learn to become a decent defender so can Brook.
    No. He. Does. Not.

vCash
    No. He. Does. Not.
    But Apparently Shelden Williams does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    You are right with these points. However most of the players you mentioned are worse than Lopez. Think about this: when you trade Lopez for a defensive Ibaka, who is gonna lay it up around the basket? That way you are creating so much more work for the guards who are gonna have to be offensive beasts for 82 games. Hump is mediocre around the basket, he can alley-oop, but give him the ball with defenders in the paint and he's much worse than Lopez. Teletovic is a shooter, he's not gonna be very active around the basket since this is not the Euroleague anymore. Lopez is the only big man on the roster, and one of the few in the league, who you can give the ball to and watch him score points. That asset should only be traded for the exact opposite, a Ben Wallace type who is great defensively yet bad on offense. Because the NBA has hundreds of big men who are okay at both.
    I know that Lopez is better than most the players i mentioned. However ALL of those players would make this team better!!! Cousins is far superior in every area of the game. Asik, Noah, and Ibaka are elite defenders. Nene if not a good defender he at least has the tools to be better in the right system.

I mean i love Lopez. However the Nets made him obsolete with the way they constructed this roster. Deron and JJ could (in theory) make any C we put in there good for 12+ points per game when they learn the system. Deron and JJ are also scorers and Wallace is too when needed. Offense is NOT the issue i forsee with this team. When we gel we will be a good team offensively.

However having two guys who are both very bad defensively in our front court with the back up bigs ALSO being bad defensively is borderline insane in this league.

Do you realize how perfect and dangerous this team would become if we swung a Lopez for Asik or Noah trade and a Humphries+Brooks+Taylor for L.Aldridge trade?

Oh man i get excited just dreaming about it.

We need interior defense in the worst way. This Nets team as constructed is set to be historically bad defensively

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast