Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Downfall of the team CW? Isn't that a bit too harsh? Regular season hasn't even started yet.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    Sorry I disagree, Brook is fine, it's PF that we need to upgrade defensively.

His offense is important to us, and his rebounding is underrated.
    Sure lets make a huge trade for a defensive PF because our C is made of pixie dust and cannot defend a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    So your of the belief we would have been worse off with Lopez last year?
    Maybe better if only because we did not have anyone that could score. Now we have a lot of people capable of scoring. We need a defensive C. Trading for a defensive C does nothing except mask how bad Lopez is defensively

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    you're overreacting big timmmmmmmmme
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D2theJ View Post
    Cmonnn guys Lopez is a good player he's gonna help us more than hurt us. The Nets still have Humphries contract next year to use in a trade that could bring an ahtletic, rebounding defensive minded power forward to compliment Lopez. But as is I really don't think Lopez and Humphries is terrible, the rebounding won't be a problem and hopefully with more court time the team can develop more defensively.

Plus like some people said we still have Reggie who can bring the defense and rebounding if it becomes that much of a problem with Lopez and Hump.
    Nobody is going to take Humphries for anyone worthwhile unless we give up Brooks and Taylor in the deal. I want to keep Taylor because we lack athletic players. Taylor was blowing by Rondo. Read that again. Blowing by Rondo.

Here is the list of players i would try to acquire using Lopez as bait while his value is high this season because of his stats:

Ibaka- OKC has no post scorer whatsoever. MIA is the only team that won without one since the Jordan era. Trading for Lopez might solve that issue provided they do not figure out how bad their defense would become.

Asik- Elite defensively. His offense is coming along but his defense would make this team amazing. HOU was looking at Gasol so they seem to want a scorer down there. Maybe we could squeeze more from them is Lopez plays well enough

Cousins- Obvious. Great scorer, tough, and actually has the tools to be good defensively. If he starts acting up and gets put on the trading block and Lopez plays well, you never know. I can only pray

Smith- Obvious. ATL might trade him because they cannot retain him.

Millsap- Obvious. Utah wants to give Favors his shot

A.Jefferson- See above but Kanter instead

Nene- Athletic and scores well. Defensively he is better than Lopez

Noah- He is not as good as Lopez but his defense is exactly what we need.

I only listed options that i think might be somewhat realistic but probably not likely at all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by netsgiantsyanks View Post
    what?
    wtf? Please tell me you are kidding. Asik is an elite level defender. I would take his defense 10/10 before Lopez's offense. At least in this roster.

The joke is on you if you cannot see why Asik would fit this squad better than Lopez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    Downfall of the team CW? Isn't that a bit too harsh? Regular season hasn't even started yet.
    Why wait to see the season when you can already tell he has not improved at all defensively or improved his decision making.

He gets blocked by guards and not even from behind like Wade does. He is legitimately getting blocked by guards

He rarely ever dunks and instead prefers to lay it up or float it up

He is soft. It has nothing to do with pre season. It's just his game and fixing that will be almost impossible especially with the coaches we have. Avery is a player's coach but he is not a teacher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    you're overreacting big timmmmmmmmme
    Spare me

vCash
    im sorry but Ill take lopez anyday over asik and almost every player you named... lopez is not as bad as you're making him out to be
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Spare me
    you just said trade lopez and one of the reasons was because he "lays the ball up" instead of dunking lol

ooo wait guys... he laid the ball up instead of dunking... hes too soft... trade him
    [

vCash
    you just said trade lopez and one of the reasons was because he "lays the ball up" instead of dunking lol

ooo wait guys... he laid the ball up instead of dunking... hes too soft... trade him
    I love Lopez. I like the kid so much and want him to do well but i also want the Nets to win.

We cannot win with him. We just can't. If you do not see a problem with a 7'1 guy throwing up floaters and layups in the paint and getting blocked by guards then i am not sure there is anything left to say

Also all those guys i listed would make us much better with our current roster than Lopez. We simply do not need a scoring C.

vCash
    After seeing a bit of lopez this year i agree with Shaq they he may finish this season as the best center in the nba. loving the look of the this new nets team
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    say what you want but hes efficient and hes boarding..... the 2 things that hes been killed for forever and now hes finally doing it... defense can be tought... give it some time

and Ive watched every preseason game except the 1st one and I havent seen him get blocked by a guard
    [

vCash
    say what you want but hes efficient and hes boarding..... the 2 things that hes been killed for forever and now hes finally doing it... defense can be tought... give it some time

and Ive watched every preseason game except the 1st one and I havent seen him get blocked by a guard
    Well watch again. He got blocked by guards at least twice this pre season. Not the point. You do not get it.

Defense CAN be taught. I agree. You cannot teach quickness, athleticism, reaction time, nor toughness.

He might improve if they coach him right and learn to be in the right spots and commit less mistakes but in the end our coach sucks and there is only so much he can learn.

Some people just do not have the tools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegame187 View Post
    After seeing a bit of lopez this year i agree with Shaq they he may finish this season as the best center in the nba. loving the look of the this new nets team
    Trade you Lopez for Asik and Terrence Jones

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast