Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    lopez hasnt even been that bad this preseason imo

the defense has been the worst on perimeter rotations and hump+blatche have been MUCH worse than brook
    [

vCash
    humphries will hold us back more than anything... having a defensive minded PF would help this team soooo much...

can we get k-mart on the phone please
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Yep that really showed last year.
    If you cannot see how Lopez hurts us more than he helps us then idk what to say to you

Sure he will score 18-20 points sometimes efficiently. However he gives up so much more defensively and with turnovers when he gets doubled and also when he fails to get a basket cuz he wanted to lay it up instead of dunking it or when he gets blocked by a guard

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I say give him a year. The Nets are gonna make the playoffs this year, either as a top seed or as a 6-8. After that, it's up to the GM to make a trade, a good trade. What we have is Lopez right now. I do agree that the team looked more cohesive as a defensive unit, and even on offense since the ball flows more without him but lets see it out one year.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    If you cannot see how Lopez hurts us more than he helps us then idk what to say to you

Sure he will score 18-20 points sometimes efficiently. However he gives up so much more defensively and with turnovers when he gets doubled and also when he fails to get a basket cuz he wanted to lay it up instead of dunking it or when he gets blocked by a guard
    Sorry I disagree, Brook is fine, it's PF that we need to upgrade defensively.

His offense is important to us, and his rebounding is underrated.

vCash
    I wouldnt even mind reggie evans playing with brook at certain times during the game... I thought the team played its best last night when evans was out there for a few minutes at the end of the game and then avery took him out for no reason
    Last edited by jmoney85; 10-20-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    [

vCash
    yeah get reggie in there for defense with lopez

vCash
    im telling you guys.... I was at the game last night and paid extensive attention to lopez and the team defense and a lot of it was not lopez.... guys were losing their men over and over and causing bad rotations beccause of it and those rotations werent even lopez's fault
    [

vCash

So your of the belief we would have been worse off with Lopez last year?

vCash
    Cmonnn guys Lopez is a good player he's gonna help us more than hurt us. The Nets still have Humphries contract next year to use in a trade that could bring an ahtletic, rebounding defensive minded power forward to compliment Lopez. But as is I really don't think Lopez and Humphries is terrible, the rebounding won't be a problem and hopefully with more court time the team can develop more defensively.

Plus like some people said we still have Reggie who can bring the defense and rebounding if it becomes that much of a problem with Lopez and Hump.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Name the last team to win a championship without being better than average on defense. Cause that's what we have with Lopez/Humphries.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Can we atleast let the season start before we worry about brook killing the team
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    keep humps for next 2 years then decide

vCash
    and Mirza Teletovic has the talent to be as good as Ryan Anderson

Nobody is questioning his good offensive moves. However some nice meaningless per game stats based on pre season or two years prior to his Mono does nothing to change the fact that he is horrible defensively and our main problem.

Sure his numbers might convince enough casual fans to get him vooted into the all star game as a back up for Bynum but so what!?

You know what i would prefer? If he did not go to the All Star game and developed some defensive instincts and quickness in his reactions on defense.

Lopez will be the downfall of this team and at this point i would love to trade him for a guy like Asik if they were willing.
    what?

vCash
    I think Kmart would be a good addition for our interior defense
    [

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast