Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 170
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    lopez hasnt even been that bad this preseason imo

    the defense has been the worst on perimeter rotations and hump+blatche have been MUCH worse than brook
    [

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    humphries will hold us back more than anything... having a defensive minded PF would help this team soooo much...

    can we get k-mart on the phone please
    [

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Yep that really showed last year.
    If you cannot see how Lopez hurts us more than he helps us then idk what to say to you

    Sure he will score 18-20 points sometimes efficiently. However he gives up so much more defensively and with turnovers when he gets doubled and also when he fails to get a basket cuz he wanted to lay it up instead of dunking it or when he gets blocked by a guard


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,361
    vCash
    1500
    I say give him a year. The Nets are gonna make the playoffs this year, either as a top seed or as a 6-8. After that, it's up to the GM to make a trade, a good trade. What we have is Lopez right now. I do agree that the team looked more cohesive as a defensive unit, and even on offense since the ball flows more without him but lets see it out one year.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    Posts
    1,575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    If you cannot see how Lopez hurts us more than he helps us then idk what to say to you

    Sure he will score 18-20 points sometimes efficiently. However he gives up so much more defensively and with turnovers when he gets doubled and also when he fails to get a basket cuz he wanted to lay it up instead of dunking it or when he gets blocked by a guard
    Sorry I disagree, Brook is fine, it's PF that we need to upgrade defensively.

    His offense is important to us, and his rebounding is underrated.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldnt even mind reggie evans playing with brook at certain times during the game... I thought the team played its best last night when evans was out there for a few minutes at the end of the game and then avery took him out for no reason
    Last edited by jmoney85; 10-20-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    [

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    yeah get reggie in there for defense with lopez

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    im telling you guys.... I was at the game last night and paid extensive attention to lopez and the team defense and a lot of it was not lopez.... guys were losing their men over and over and causing bad rotations beccause of it and those rotations werent even lopez's fault
    [

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,260
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    If you cannot see how Lopez hurts us more than he helps us then idk what to say to you

    Sure he will score 18-20 points sometimes efficiently. However he gives up so much more defensively and with turnovers when he gets doubled and also when he fails to get a basket cuz he wanted to lay it up instead of dunking it or when he gets blocked by a guard
    So your of the belief we would have been worse off with Lopez last year?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,135
    vCash
    1500
    Cmonnn guys Lopez is a good player he's gonna help us more than hurt us. The Nets still have Humphries contract next year to use in a trade that could bring an ahtletic, rebounding defensive minded power forward to compliment Lopez. But as is I really don't think Lopez and Humphries is terrible, the rebounding won't be a problem and hopefully with more court time the team can develop more defensively.

    Plus like some people said we still have Reggie who can bring the defense and rebounding if it becomes that much of a problem with Lopez and Hump.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rutgers
    Posts
    6,136
    vCash
    1500
    Name the last team to win a championship without being better than average on defense. Cause that's what we have with Lopez/Humphries.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    1500
    Can we atleast let the season start before we worry about brook killing the team
    [/CENTER]

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    keep humps for next 2 years then decide

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    No, You Can't Invade My Butthole
    Posts
    12,906
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    and Mirza Teletovic has the talent to be as good as Ryan Anderson

    Nobody is questioning his good offensive moves. However some nice meaningless per game stats based on pre season or two years prior to his Mono does nothing to change the fact that he is horrible defensively and our main problem.

    Sure his numbers might convince enough casual fans to get him vooted into the all star game as a back up for Bynum but so what!?

    You know what i would prefer? If he did not go to the All Star game and developed some defensive instincts and quickness in his reactions on defense.

    Lopez will be the downfall of this team and at this point i would love to trade him for a guy like Asik if they were willing.
    what?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,913
    vCash
    1500
    I think Kmart would be a good addition for our interior defense
    [

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •