Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 170
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500

    Reality check for Brook Lopez and the Nets?

    This article does an excellent job of explaining why Lopez is not the center we need on this team if we are trying to win now, why he struggles defensively the way he does, and what Avery must do to try and rectify the problem.

    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ts-title-hopes

    I love Lopez to death but the guy simply does not have the physical tools nor the instincts to be even average defensively.

    He has the talent to be a top 5 C but i think his lack of good coaching will prevent him from ever reaching his potential. Avery is a great guy and a players coach but he is not a guy that can get Lopez to the level he needs to be.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    43,118
    vCash
    1675
    We should just give up and go back to Jersey and trade Deron at this point.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    We should just give up and go back to Jersey and trade Deron at this point.
    Did i suggest that? Stop being so touchy and dramatic. Did you even read the article?

    This is not a reaction to a meaningless pre-season loss. The article does an amazing job spelling out the Nets interior defensive struggles as well as Lopez's individual defensive issues.

    EDIT: Wish someone could print this and send it to Avery
    Last edited by Chill_Will_24; 10-19-2012 at 04:14 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,361
    vCash
    1500
    It takes wily General Managering to trade Lopez for a player seemingly worse on paper that will contribute to the Nets more than Lopez does. It takes balls too. What if Lopez actually develops after he leaves the Nets?

    Our frontcourt is suspect, i'll give you that. The rest of the positions are good, if not great.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rutgers
    Posts
    6,117
    vCash
    1500
    Solid article. Really explains how bad we are at defending the pick and roll.

    Every, sans Deron, is signed for 4 years. So this is the team for that timeframe. This year is about making the playoffs and becoming a more attractive basketball unit. Adding defenders down the line will be key for the title hopes.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    I honestly feel that or best course of action is to trade Lopez. If Sacramento would take Lopez and Brooks for Cousins i would do it in a heart beat


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    first of all , sac isnt trading cousins and cousins is even worse defensively than lopez

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,210
    vCash
    1500
    It's funny people like to just beat to death the holes in Lopez game but ignore alot of his strengths. Reminds me alot of Rajon Rondo a few years ago. Im just going to say playing on a winning team with good player cures alot of that. You dont close the book on a 7 foot player who has had allstar type numbers at age 21 and 22 that was surrounded by trash and assume he's done improving as a player.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 10-19-2012 at 08:06 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    It's funny people like to just beat to death the holes in Lopez game but ignore alot of his strengths. Reminds me alot of Rajon Rondo a few years ago. Im just going to say playing on a winning team with good player cures alot of that. You dont close the book on a 7 foot player who has had allstar type numbers at age 21 and 22 that was surrounded by trash and assume he's done improving as a player.
    Bet you did not even read the article. Only explanation for you coming back with such senseless trash.

    Just because Brook has a soft touch, some nice post moves, and a rip through move does not mean he is an all star talent.

    His deficiencies on the defensive end completely negate the solid offensive game


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Jersey.
    Posts
    3,815
    vCash
    1500
    Really good article. At this point, we can only hope Avery instills a much better defensive scheme. Brook is great, but he struggles a lot on the defensive side of the ball. I guess the best thing that can happen is he eventually learns how to defend the P&R better and learns to rotate better, but it comes back to Avery and if he can help Lopez get there.

    Personally, I believe the Nets have to add an athletic, defensive type at the 4 spot. Humphries is a great hustle player, but he just isn't the type of guy needed at that position for this team. Heck, I'd take a guy like Tyrus Thomas at that spot, he's extremely athletic and a very good rim protector, something this team needs. All in all, something has to change fast.

    MAR$WAG BROOKS

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Bet you did not even read the article. Only explanation for you coming back with such senseless trash.

    Just because Brook has a soft touch, some nice post moves, and a rip through move does not mean he is an all star talent.

    His deficiencies on the defensive end completely negate the solid offensive game
    I read it. I said he had allstar # and yes he obviously has the talent to be an allstar.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    I read it. I said he had allstar # and yes he obviously has the talent to be an allstar.
    and Mirza Teletovic has the talent to be as good as Ryan Anderson

    Nobody is questioning his good offensive moves. However some nice meaningless per game stats based on pre season or two years prior to his Mono does nothing to change the fact that he is horrible defensively and our main problem.

    Sure his numbers might convince enough casual fans to get him vooted into the all star game as a back up for Bynum but so what!?

    You know what i would prefer? If he did not go to the All Star game and developed some defensive instincts and quickness in his reactions on defense.

    Lopez will be the downfall of this team and at this point i would love to trade him for a guy like Asik if they were willing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    and Mirza Teletovic has the talent to be as good as Ryan Anderson

    Nobody is questioning his good offensive moves. However some nice meaningless per game stats based on pre season or two years prior to his Mono does nothing to change the fact that he is horrible defensively and our main problem.

    Sure his numbers might convince enough casual fans to get him vooted into the all star game as a back up for Bynum but so what!?

    You know what i would prefer? If he did not go to the All Star game and developed some defensive instincts and quickness in his reactions on defense.

    Lopez will be the downfall of this team and at this point i would love to trade him for a guy like Asik if they were willing.
    Mono is not AIDS it lasts 6 months to a year and goes away. Not sure why you brought that up. His defense is not great but its also not as bad as everyone says. Case in point last season. We were 100 times worse defensively without him. Zero shot blockers or rim protectors. At least he does that. His man defense is terrible but it will get better since now he doesn't have to use 100% of his energy on the offensive end.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 10-20-2012 at 02:38 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Mono is not AIDS it lasts 6 months to a year and goes away. Not sure why you brought that up. His defense is not great but its also not as bad as everyone says. Case in point last season. We were 100 times worse defensively without him. Zero shot blockers or rim protectors. At least he does that. His man defense is terrible but it will get better since now he doesn't have to use 100% of his energy on the offensive end.
    I brought it up because his 08 and 09 stats are the ones people like to point to. That was before he got sick.

    Also i disagree. Shelden Williams was better defensively. Our team is noticeably better when Lopez is off the floor


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    I brought it up because his 08 and 09 stats are the ones people like to point to. That was before he got sick.

    Also i disagree. Shelden Williams was better defensively. Our team is noticeably better when Lopez is off the floor
    Yep that really showed last year.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •