Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible?

vCash

Is it possible?

That our team last year was better?

On paper yeah this team is def better but as bad as our offense was last year, it ran much smoother than what we've seen so far.

All we see is ISO ISO ISO screen Deron gets the ball back and were at square 1.

At least last year we ran a smoother offense and found guys, problem was we just couldn't hit shots.

vCash
    you have to give it time man...... its preseason
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    So pre-season is about running ISOs all day?

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't pre-season about trying out your offense and seeing what works and what doesn't?

This team from the first day of pre-season basketball has been playing the same style every game. Dwill gives it to Joe, comes around a screen and gets the ball back at the top. Square 1.

I don't get it. How can this team look this bad? DWILL Morrow Graham Hump She.Will looked much smoother on offense.

I pray to God that you're right. Oh and don't downplay the pre-season. Yeah the record doesn't matter, but if your offense looks horrendous almost every game when the offense is your only focal point, things aren't looking too good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    So pre-season is about running ISOs all day?

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't pre-season about trying out your offense and seeing what works and what doesn't?

This team from the first day of pre-season basketball has been playing the same style every game. Dwill gives it to Joe, comes around a screen and gets the ball back at the top. Square 1.

I don't get it. How can this team look this bad? DWILL Morrow Graham Hump She.Will looked much smoother on offense.

I pray to God that you're right. Oh and don't downplay the pre-season. Yeah the record doesn't matter, but if your offense looks horrendous almost every game when the offense is your only focal point, things aren't looking too good.
    they end up being ISO's because the original plays didnt work... which is due to lack of chemistry
    [

vCash
    they end up being ISO's because the original plays didnt work... which is due to lack of chemistry
    This.

Its preseason and the team isn't used to each other. If we're talking about game 10 in the season okay maybe we have somewhat of an issue, but for now I wouldn't really worry about it.

vCash
    its a new team, it will take a few months to look solid. Im sure they will step up intensity in first reg season game

vCash
    yes its possible.... in reality unlikely. The team is healthy this year.... better on paper but i have a hard time thinking that adding Joe Johnson makes this team that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    That our team last year was better?

On paper yeah this team is def better but as bad as our offense was last year, it ran much smoother than what we've seen so far.

All we see is ISO ISO ISO screen Deron gets the ball back and were at square 1.

At least last year we ran a smoother offense and found guys, problem was we just couldn't hit shots.
    - most PSD mods are morons -

vCash
    so you are saying that the Nets are running a different offense in Pre Season then they will be come Thursday? SMH

These are professionals their offense should look something fluid. Its the same team as last year with Joe Johnson, the offense aint new to everyone. I have seen middle school teams with a more fluid offense then the Nets have demonstrated this pre season

vCash
    this is the same team as last year with JJ.... they end up being ISOs because they cant run an offense. Chemistry is such a BS word... these are professionals.... they have played basketball their entire lives..... even though a play breaks down that doesnt mean there needs to be an ISO... there are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th options off most plays and the ones that there isnt there should juts be basketball played. chemistry dude... please

vCash
    i would hope the intensity is stepped up for the 1st game, however if you are questioning intensity and effort in the pre season, you are going to be questioning it all season long. There aint a switch you just flip

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    its a new team, it will take a few months to look solid. Im sure they will step up intensity in first reg season game

vCash
    there is a switch cause most players dont go too hard in preseason, the intensity will be big for that first game vs knicks, its a new team plus many of guys from last year didnt play with each other, brook was hurt, gerald for 16 games, and now joe

vCash
    dude there is no switch... and to be honest... for the Nets ( if there was a "switch") it says they dont care because for a team that need to learn to play with each other, they cant half *** it in preseason.
    Regardles who was hurt, who isnt here and who missed games ast year, bottom line is the nets are the same team with the same core players this year that they had last year plus Joe Johnson..... they should be able to successfully run their offense in the preseason... its not their first go round of it

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    there is a switch cause most players dont go too hard in preseason, the intensity will be big for that first game vs knicks, its a new team plus many of guys from last year didnt play with each other, brook was hurt, gerald for 16 games, and now joe

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Are you serious???????

The Lakers went 0-7 in preseason does that mean they suck.

Wow!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    Are you serious???????

The Lakers went 0-7 in preseason does that mean they suck.

Wow!!!!!!
    If you knew howto read you would see that the record has nothing to do with my concerns.

Wow!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post
    this is the same team as last year with JJ.... they end up being ISOs because they cant run an offense. Chemistry is such a BS word... these are professionals.... they have played basketball their entire lives..... even though a play breaks down that doesnt mean there needs to be an ISO... there are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th options off most plays and the ones that there isnt there should juts be basketball played. chemistry dude... please
    No this is not the same team, how can u call urself a nets fan and say that?

No lopez last year. Wallacw barely played for us. Dwill didnt play for a stretch at the end. Watson just got here. Blatche just got here. Teletovic just got here. Swag was starting for us last year.

Its not as simple as just adding jj.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast