Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lmaoo yeah but looking at it comparing Nash to Luongo, if we got Nash and kept Reimer I don't think that makes us better. I mean it does but playoffs? I don't know.

With Luongo I feel like playoffs are more realistic. Call me crazy but I think he helps us out that much more. Also, I have a question that is off-topic. I was talking to my buddy the other day and he said that if the lockout lasts all year it benefits Toronto because they get a very high pick because the league organizes the draft by chances to win next year's stanley cup.

But then I checked a mock draft and the Leafs are slotted to pick 14th or something? How does it work.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    If we lose another entire season due to lockout I'm not sure how the draft would work. It goes along the lines of how many times you've missed the playoffs, where you've drafted in recent years ect. The thing is that there won't be a draft until a new CBA is reached and when it is the old rules regarding the draft may change. There's a good chance it won't be the same as the Crosby draft unless the rules stay the same as last time regarding this issue as the last CBA. End of the day we see another sure fire superstar go to a dieing market that they can't even save.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    You don't seriously believe the BS the owners are feeding right? there's absolutely zero chance the players take a rollback. Such a ridiculous notion.
    i dont believe any of the talk. My point is that until a CBA is ratified i think we should hold off on a deal like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    If we lose another entire season due to lockout I'm not sure how the draft would work. It goes along the lines of how many times you've missed the playoffs, where you've drafted in recent years ect. The thing is that there won't be a draft until a new CBA is reached and when it is the old rules regarding the draft may change. There's a good chance it won't be the same as the Crosby draft unless the rules stay the same as last time regarding this issue as the last CBA. End of the day we see another sure fire superstar go to a dieing market that they can't even save.
    i posted in the "prospects thread" (because it was the most active at the time). Bill Daly was asked how that would have worked and he hinted at the same 2004 system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    Optimized are you seriously talking about lous contract??? You wanted mother ****ing nash and his contract was worse...come on bro quit being so cray
    , Let me break this down for you.

Before lockout and CBA uncertainty: Optimized was for both aquisitions at reasonable prices.

During lockout and CBA uncertainty: Optimized is against all longterm investments.

that is as clear as i can make it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Lmaoo yeah but looking at it comparing Nash to Luongo, if we got Nash and kept Reimer I don't think that makes us better. I mean it does but playoffs? I don't know.

With Luongo I feel like playoffs are more realistic. Call me crazy but I think he helps us out that much more. Also, I have a question that is off-topic. I was talking to my buddy the other day and he said that if the lockout lasts all year it benefits Toronto because they get a very high pick because the league organizes the draft by chances to win next year's stanley cup.

But then I checked a mock draft and the Leafs are slotted to pick 14th or something? How does it work.
    I posted that the 2004 system gave every team three balls. They took 1 ball away if a team A) had made the post season in the past 3 years B) if a team had picked 1st overall in the same time period.

So the leafs (and 6 other teams IIRC) would have 3 balls and the best chance at landing the top pick. In the prospects thread i broke down some of the odds. The system might change but TSn had video of Daly directly say that the system would be comparable to 2004.

other than the top pick its not really clear if the "3 ball" system determines the rest of the draft or not, but i did find that all 2004 teams with three balls picked in the top-16

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    i posted in the "prospects thread" (because it was the most active at the time). Bill Daly was asked how that would have worked and he hinted at the same 2004 system.
    Never heard that but thanks for the info slugger! I guess we'd definitly have a fighting chance at 1st overall but nothing's guarenteed.

vCash
    My guess is this rumor was leaked by the leafs to see how the fans would respond.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    I am all for bringing in Luongo. We need a solid goaltender and he definitely is that. Though I can't really say I believe this rumor but if we get this guy for Bozak and prospects we are laughing.

vCash
    What is this non sense... nazem kadri and tyler bozak for luongo...

sources are pierre mcguire and daren millard were on team 1040... take it for what its worth... but thats what they are saying and saying its going to happen once the new cba kicks in..

i think burke would get booted outta town if he gave up on kadri...maybe bozak and franson for luongo...

but just hearing this rumor drives me nuts.. f that action...

vCash
    I'm not huge on the contract, but he is a significant upgrade. If it were Colborne + another minor prospect or late pick, I'd be ok. I think Colborne is trending towards being a less physical, less productive, less durable Nik Antropov. Colborne is 22. My guess is he's a bust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by savio vega View Post
    What is this non sense... nazem kadri and tyler bozak for luongo...

sources are pierre mcguire and daren millard were on team 1040... take it for what its worth... but thats what they are saying and saying its going to happen once the new cba kicks in..

i think burke would get booted outta town if he gave up on kadri...maybe bozak and franson for luongo...

but just hearing this rumor drives me nuts.. f that action...
    Darren Millard? or Dreger? I don't think Snet would allow him to go on a tsn show, rather i don't think TSN would allow an Snet person on the show.

If Pierre and Millard said it then it might just be a rumour. If Dregs said then i'm worried.

vCash
    Is this deal back on?

vCash

Will Luongo now be a leaf?

With the new agreement, and the fact that there WILL be hockey, do you think the leafs/Canucks have a deal in place that would see the Leafs receive Roberto Luongo?

vCash
    I hope so

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast