Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^
    How many ****in times do we have to tell you that the draft lottery is completely different? 4.. 5..? Finishing dead last now means you may not pick in the top 10. You're arguments are so ignorant and embarassing. It's not going to take Bozak Kadri plus to get a deal done. You said you wouldn't trade Kadri straight up.. why? What in your terms what is "Nazem Kadri"? Because to me he's worth a bonified #1 goaltender for the next 5/6 years. I'd discuss his contract, how it breaks down and how he'll retire or in atleast in his last years playing have a frick all cap hit that any team would trade for to get a year or two service if they're on the cusp but you don't listen. How good do you think our prospects are outside of Morgan Rielly? It's an honest question. Whats the landscape going to be in 6 years? You got a Delorian to hop into Doc?
    Last edited by KingerSox; 01-08-2013 at 01:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjago View Post
    Won't effect short sighted Leaf fans, they will still pine for Luongo even with giving up assets to land him. Taking on this contract is nothing less then stupid. As mentioned, we should be getting ++ from Vancouver for relieving them of that contract, not the other way around.
    Luo coming to Toronto will be a terrible move, he will keep us from a more then likely high draft pack (in a very strong draft year) and still won't improve us enough to get out of the first round of the playoffs. He will also kill us in few years....
    NO THANKS!!!
    who is your daddy, and what does he do?

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    lolol he's the new Lavy! Kidding Lavy sometimes has valid points, this guy thinks it's 1985 and knows very little on how hockey works.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    ^
    How many ****in times do we have to tell you that the draft lottery is completely different? 4.. 5..? Finishing dead last now means you may not pick in the top 10. You're arguments are so ignorant and embarassing. It's not going to take Bozak Kadri plus to get a deal done. You said you wouldn't trade Kadri straight up.. why? What in your terms what is "Nazem Kadri"? Because to me he's worth a bonified #1 goaltender for the next 5/6 years. I'd discuss his contract, how it breaks down and how he'll retire or in atleast in his last years playing have a frick all cap hit that any team would trade for to get a year or two service if they're on the cusp but you don't listen. How good do you think our prospects are outside of Morgan Rielly? It's an honest question. Whats the landscape going to be in 6 years? You got a Delorian to hop into Doc?
    Hey, is it my problem you don't know how to read?! You are just a typical ignorant Leaf fan that is made fun of by the rest of the hockey world for being so stupid with out a clue!!!!
    I said "most likely" for the draft. More teams will be eligible for lottery but that doesn't mean they will all have the same odds at the top players. Think NBA!
    Did you read that it doesn't matter when he retires, part of that cap hit will remain on the Leafs books for the next 10 years (at least 2+million)....
    Get a F*$&ing clue before you post your next B.S. thoughts.

Edit - To answer your question about Kadri....he has been completely mishandled and is still only 22yrs old. I think he's still a prospect which is getting a point a game in the AHL. Regardless, based on the fact that retiring or not we are stuck with a salary cap hit for 10yr with Luongo (who turns 34 in April), I don't want to have anything to do with that contract. Vancouver should be sending us ++ on top of Luongo for expirng contracts if any trade is made. Vancouver signed Luongo to a disgusting contract that is going to hurt them or some other team.....and you want to reward them for that mistake - makes a ton of sense to me!!!!
    Last edited by Ninjago; 01-08-2013 at 09:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
    who is your daddy, and what does he do?
    My daddy is your daddy's boss and he whips him for being so ignorant.

vCash
    Hey, is it my problem you don't know how to read?! You are just a typical ignorant Leaf fan that is made fun of by the rest of the hockey world for being so stupid with out a clue!!!!
    I said "most likely" for the draft. More teams will be eligible for lottery but that doesn't mean they will all have the same odds at the top players. Think NBA!
    Did you read that it doesn't matter when he retires, part of that cap hit will remain on the Leafs books for the next 10 years (at least 2+million)....
    Lol go buy a stress ball, reading your posts is very painful.
    Do The Twirk

vCash
    My daddy is your daddy's boss and he whips him for being so ignorant.

don't know why but this made me lol

re: Luo everyone has a different opinion, some are very extreme on both sides. I`m glad i`m not making this decision. It might be easier for Burke because even if he wins stanley cups every year for the next 5 years there is a good chance he won`t be GM by the end of Luo`s deal so he wouldn`t be affected.

My guess is Burke keeps the president job and gives nonis or whomever the GM seat in a few years time.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 01-08-2013 at 10:08 AM.

vCash
    Is that guy even a leaf fan?^^^

vCash
    no idea ktown lol.

But i just want to correct something:

I checked Mirtles twitter and he deleted the cap retention tweet so i think maybe that was a false rumour. Salary retention is still there though so that might stick.

Also

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    There were also lots of Kulemin not coming back to TOR rumors but his agent told me last night rumors are false and Kulemin will be in TOR.

almost cried lol
    Last edited by OptiMized; 01-08-2013 at 11:18 AM.

vCash
    per LeBrun

RETAINING SALARY IN TRADES
    This was Brian Burke’s baby, an idea he pushed for years at GM meetings. Under the old CBA, teams could not absorb any part of a salary from a player they were trading -- unlike baseball for example.

great to hear, if he really pushed for it then he has a real interest in using it. Could be a real advantage for us.
    Last edited by OptiMized; 01-08-2013 at 11:20 AM.

vCash
    It's not about what he is making but what about his cap hit will be if he continues to play.....
    You fail to understand that this contract will be crippling to the leafs when his skills decline, if he doesn't retire and still has desire to play.
    Just not worth the risk
    You really don't get it do you? Luongo will retire with money left on the table. Why can't you wrap your head around this?

vCash
    You do realize that we're the Leafs and paying the rest of his contract even if he decides to retire is absolutely nothing to us. We're the god damned Yankees of hockey for gods sake. It's not even me picking on you it seems like everyone's getting a kick out of you. Not to mention he barely makes a million bucks or more at the end of his deal which makes him absolutely more than easy to trade. Like I said, I doubt you have any clue of what the landscape will be in 5-7 years. I doubt you have any clue period. What's your plan for goaltending? Stick your thumb up your butt and pray James 50 games in the league or so Reimer turns into Pat Roy? You tell me to get a clue yet everyone else on this forum seems to be telling you to. Maybe everyone else is as clueless and as crazy as me. It's a funny world.

vCash
    James 50 games in the league or so Reimer. Really rolls off the tongue. Great nickname.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    per LeBrun

RETAINING SALARY IN TRADES
    This was Brian Burke’s baby, an idea he pushed for years at GM meetings. Under the old CBA, teams could not absorb any part of a salary from a player they were trading -- unlike baseball for example.

great to hear, if he really pushed for it then he has a real interest in using it. Could be a real advantage for us.
    This will ultimately push up the asking price for players like Bobby Luo, but it will increase the chances of trading them by a significant amount

vCash
    Don't you start Halladay!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast