Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Personally, I'll be ecstatic if we get Luongo. Guys it's been years since we had a legit tendy here, and no matter what people say... contract, choke (not true btw), douche, the guy's a legit top 10 goaltender or top 15 worst case. That's a HUGE upgrade. I think getting Luongo really solidifies this team..

The catch is what are we going to have to give up? The Nucks wanted Gardiner, no ****ing way that's happening. The article mentions Joe Colborne, even that's a bit much but we don't have anyone really ready to make an IMPACT in the NHL waiting do we?

The only guys I can really think of are guys like Jesse Blacker, or Korbinian Holzer on the blue line. They want someone on an entry level contract too..

Wow, **** just got real!

vCash
    They won't want d-men, they have too many already. Start thinking along the lines of Kadri,Colborne,Frattin. The main piece going back will be a forward. The fact that the asking price was Gardiner+++. I hate Gillis as much as any GM in hockey and I'd love to see Burke own him in this deal.

vCash
    Apparently the deal is already in place but the lockout is obviously what is holding the finalization back...

I don't know who goes back to Vancouver but the Fan 590 said this is a done deal.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Apparently the deal is already in place but the lockout is obviously what is holding the finalization back...

I don't know who goes back to Vancouver but the Fan 590 said this is a done deal.
    I speculated months ago that this deal was gonna happen but the new CBA was holding it up. I know I'm not the only one who thought this. With no CBA, we don't know if there will be rollbacks on salary and things like that. Luongo to Toronto makes way,way too much sense. Great part is, Gillis is totally cornered here. He has two teams he can trade him to, Toronto and Miami, and there's no chance the Panthers take that contract on especially with arguably the best goalie prospect in the world near ready. It's funny hearing Gillis talk about Luongo though...he continues to throw him under the bus then says he won't deal him for nothing. All while clearly putting Schneider as the number one, signing him to a contract and everything. No team invests that much cap space into two goalies. No team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I speculated months ago that this deal was gonna happen but the new CBA was holding it up. I know I'm not the only one who thought this. With no CBA, we don't know if there will be rollbacks on salary and things like that. Luongo to Toronto makes way,way too much sense. Great part is, Gillis is totally cornered here. He has two teams he can trade him to, Toronto and Miami, and there's no chance the Panthers take that contract on especially with arguably the best goalie prospect in the world near ready. It's funny hearing Gillis talk about Luongo though...he continues to throw him under the bus then says he won't deal him for nothing. All while clearly putting Schneider as the number one, signing him to a contract and everything. No team invests that much cap space into two goalies. No team.
    Its important to remember that BB will have to make space in the cap to
    take on Luongo. Frattin Colborne Gardner Kadri as a unit wouldnt
    make much impact on the cap.
    Its got to be a couple on larger contracts. Say Kully and Lombardy.

vCash
    A) i dont want Luo
    B) I dont think Shannon is legit

But 2 days ago i did see a report that Reimer was on his way to Vancouver. He was in the BC area and reportedly with some of the Vancouver training staff (hard to believe because thats not allowed during a lockout).

I think its a deal where we take on a boatload of cap. Also i saw that the NHL proposed a 5-year contract cap, and i haven't found a report that the NHLPA is opposed to it... yet.
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Also if we do lose a year of hockey why on earth would Burke pull the trigger? unless he takes another bad contract or gets a steal of a deal i dont see this ending well for us.

vCash
    ‏@DarrenDreger

Unsurprisingly, based on my earlier tweet, Canucks gm Mike Gillis says all rumors of Luongo to the Leafs are "untrue".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fatkev78 View Post
    ‏@DarrenDreger
    Exactly what one would expect Gillis to say at this point.

vCash
    Catching my first McKinnon game tonight in Hali, should be fun

vCash
    ^
    Kid hardly ever disapoints. Tonight I think the Mooseheads are playing the last place team in the Q so it could get ugly with the Moose sitting 9-1 already on top of the Q.

vCash
    Close game, 4-3 Mooseheads win. McKinnon looked pretty slick, 2 goals and an assist. Missed a couple breakaways although made some decent moves on both. Brought the young fella to this one, think I might bring someone older next game and get on the Mooseheads! Not quite the same watching the game without piling a few in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    A) i dont want Luo
    B) I dont think Shannon is legit

But 2 days ago i did see a report that Reimer was on his way to Vancouver. He was in the BC area and reportedly with some of the Vancouver training staff (hard to believe because thats not allowed during a lockout).

I think its a deal where we take on a boatload of cap. Also i saw that the NHL proposed a 5-year contract cap, and i haven't found a report that the NHLPA is opposed to it... yet.
    Why wouldn't you want Luongo? guys a great goalie. And no, Reimer was NOT on his way to the Canucks, he was practicing with some Canucks players. When there's a lockout, players of all teams are doing this. The Canucks wouldn't even need Reimer back, they're investing into Schneider, a goalie not even in his prime. A guy who the team plans on having as a number one for 5+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    ^
    Kid hardly ever disapoints. Tonight I think the Mooseheads are playing the last place team in the Q so it could get ugly with the Moose sitting 9-1 already on top of the Q.
    Sad thing is, the next player who's on Crosby's level isn't even in next summers draft but the one after. Nathans a hell of a player but Mcdavid is just...unbelievable

vCash
    Yeah I sort of agree with Halladay on this one, why wouldn't you want Luongo at this point? I mean it's sort of ridiculous to say that the Leafs don't need him because realisticlally he makes them a playoff team.

Reimer does not. And there are no other options as far as solid goalie goes. Obviously Gillis is going to deny it, he has too.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast