Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    You'd be shocked to see a top prospect make the NHL?
    He is not a top prospect. I don't even know where you guys get that. You're aware that there are busts among top draft picks right? In another sport the words Rafael and Araujo don't equal "top prospect", they equal "mistake". Kadri seemed like a consolation then and hasn't done much to distinguish himself as a "top prospect" since.

No thanks. Please, no thanks. We have no use for him.
    Last edited by ink; 10-26-2012 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    You listened to Burke boast that he was going for the #1 pick didn't you?

Well he fell on his face after the boasts he made and got stuck with Kadri. There is no way he wanted Kadri.
    He wasn't making all his offers on draft day. Pretty sure he had a good idea of the cost of a higher pick weeks before draft.

So he didn't just pick Kadri out of a hat. He had time to think about it, and he saw Kadri as the best forward available.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0h@n63 View Post
    He wasn't making all his offers on draft day. Pretty sure he had a good idea of the cost of a higher pick weeks before draft.

So he didn't just pick Kadri out of a hat. He had time to think about it, and he saw Kadri as the best forward available.
    That's what he said. Burke is a master at BSing any situation. It was obvious he committed publicly to getting the #1 pick, failed, tried as hard as he could right down to the wire, then grabbed the guy his team thought would be good if he couldn't get the #1. They got Kadri and it looked like a panic move at the time; it looks worse now that we've seen nothing much from him in all this time. I really don't see him making the NHL. He's not top 6 material and he doesn't have the work ethic to be a grinder, so I'm not sure where he'd fit anywhere. Certainly not ahead of any of the Canucks' top 6.

vCash
    That's what he said. Burke is a master at BSing any situation. It was obvious he committed publicly to getting the #1 pick, failed, tried as hard as he could right down to the wire, then grabbed the guy his team thought would be good if he couldn't get the #1. They got Kadri and it looked like a panic move at the time; it looks worse now that we've seen nothing much from him in all this time. I really don't see him making the NHL. He's not top 6 material and he doesn't have the work ethic to be a grinder, so I'm not sure where he'd fit anywhere. Certainly not ahead of any of the Canucks' top 6.
    And that's why he's been held back. Under Dallas Eakin, with the Marlies, (especially this year with the NHLers playing in the AHL,) I expect his fitness to change drastically. He's playing against better competition this year.

I don't know what you expect from Toronto for Lou, but it's going to be very different than what we're ready to offer.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    He is not a top prospect. I don't even know where you guys get that. You're aware that there are busts among top draft picks right? In another sport the words Rafael and Araujo don't equal "top prospect", they equal "mistake". Kadri seemed like a consolation then and hasn't done much to distinguish himself as a "top prospect" since.

No thanks. Please, no thanks. We have no use for him.
    Show me the stats. Show me he's not a top prospect.

Every GM wants the top pick. Burke tried and failed. Murray also wanted Kadri pretty badly, guess he was panicking too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0h@n63 View Post
    And that's why he's been held back. Under Dallas Eakin, with the Marlies, (especially this year with the NHLers playing in the AHL,) I expect his fitness to change drastically. He's playing against better competition this year.

I don't know what you expect from Toronto for Lou, but it's going to be very different than what we're ready to offer.
    I think it would be a critical error, perhaps the error that costs Gillis his job, if he deals Luongo to the Leafs.

Show me the stats. Show me he's not a top prospect.
    Show me even the mildest success by Kadri. I haven't seen anything but small flashes and they really were disappointments.

Every GM wants the top pick. Burke tried and failed. Murray also wanted Kadri pretty badly, guess he was panicking too?
    Murray didn't boast and bluster that he was going to get the #1 pick.

vCash
    to be fair murray didnt publicly announce that he was gonna walk away with tavares/number 1 pick(from what i remember thats what it sounded like), it also helps that cowen is playing for the sens right now.

i dont consider kadri a bust i just think he was in the wrong situation with bad management. im not comparing the two players but when spezza first came into the league jacques martin was playing him on the 4th line with grinders and i personally thought that was idiotic. atleast burke had the sense to send him to the minors then have wilson screw him up completely. at the same time considering the way the nhl has changed in the sense that there are now 3 scoring lines i could see kadri making it on the third line. my personal opinion is that you guys should keep kadri and give him a proper chance at making it out of camp and deal one of(connolly/lombardi/macarthur) for a veteran backup. getting luongo would be forcing the issue(making the playoffs) but after missing it for a while you guys have a decent prospect pool and young players, once they develop and/or build chemistry you guys will make it on your own while keeping the young players together where as if you get luongo one or two of your top young guys are definately going the other way.

vCash
    I think it would be a critical error, perhaps the error that costs Gillis his job, if he deals Luongo to the Leafs.

Show me even the mildest success by Kadri. I haven't seen anything but small flashes and they really were disappointments.

Murray didn't boast and bluster that he was going to get the #1 pick.
    I still don't see what the big deal is about Burke wanting the first pick. He made a pretty damn good trade for the Sedins but I guess that didn't work out? Every GM's goal is to try and get better, so what's the problem again?

Mild success....

2009/2010-London Knight 93 points in 56 GP
    2010/2011-Toronto Marlies 41 points in 44 GP
    2011/2012-Toronto Marlies 40 points in 48 GP

51 NHL games with 19 points.

Please, show me how this is "mild success".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    to be fair murray didnt publicly announce that he was gonna walk away with tavares/number 1 pick(from what i remember thats what it sounded like), it also helps that cowen is playing for the sens right now.
    Cowen didn't have the best start to his career, I thought was going to be a bust but he's look good. No, Murray didn't say anything about the first pick but that wasn't my point. My point was that clearly, Burke wasn't the only GM who thought Nazem would be a good selection. GM's talk remember. Jay Feaster stated after the last draft that Mark Jankowski will be the best player to come from his draft class. Mike Gillis made this statement recently-
    “I spent more time on Cody’s issues than every other player combined on our team the last three years,”
    Garth Snow offered Scott Howson every single pick in the draft to move from fourth to second. Two spots. In a class that was a crapshoot after the first selection.

vCash
    I love this thread

Leafs fans: Luongo isn't even top 10. We shouldn't have to give up anything to get him.
    Canucks fans: Luongo is top 3 easily. We want all your top prospects.
    Unbiased fans: Luongo is top 5, worthy of a nice package.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash

Luongo will be dealt to Toronto

I don't see how the Canucks get any high value for an overpaid goalie who has been struggling the last couple years.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I love this thread

Leafs fans: Luongo isn't even top 10. We shouldn't have to give up anything to get him.
    Canucks fans: Luongo is top 3 easily. We want all your top prospects.
    Unbiased fans: Luongo is top 5, worthy of a nice package.
    Since when are Kadri and Frattin nothing? Those 2 are among our best prospects and we don't have a bad pool.

vCash
    Since when are Kadri and Frattin nothing? Those 2 are among our best prospects and we don't have a bad pool.
    isnt frattin projected to be at best a third liner? i mean a two way third liner is a good player to have but as a prospect i dont see how they hold that much value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    isnt frattin projected to be at best a third liner? i mean a two way third liner is a good player to have but as a prospect i dont see how they hold that much value.
    Led the NCAA in scoring(36 goals in 44 games) IIRC and put up 14 goals in 23 games last year in the AHL. The guy can score, whether he can do at the NHL is a different story which can be said about literally anyone who's only played a minimal amount of NHL games.

vCash
    You'd be shocked to see a top prospect make the NHL? huh? the guy is a Mike Ribeiro-lite. All the tools are there. Despite the media, he's done well at every level. He would have made this team out of camp. And like Johan pointed out...everyone was a consolation after Tavares lol. Can't wait to see Nazem make the NHL and light it up, gets tiring hearing these types of opinions on him when he's done nothing to get the label of a bust.

I'd find it pretty hard to believe the Leafs have nothing to offer the Canucks. That's just absurd. I won't even comment on the Luongo ratings, no point. And I'm not sure I should address the Burke comment, I've seen enough of your posts to know there's a bias tone in them with Burke. You hate the man without a doubt. His draftees never pan out right? isn't this what you believe? is this the real reason why you don't want Kadri to make the NHL?
    I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's good to know that we have leaf fans as knowledgeable as you and that can defend the talk. You make pure sense this coming from a non bias hockey fan. At this point i will reserve further comment as i would not like to get banned from the 40,000 plus post man

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast