Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 354
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Don't go that far. The Flyers got back a good player in return by dealing from a position of strength, themselves.

    It was a good deal for both sides. Neither side stole anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I actually thought philly stole Schenn from Toronto. But that's beside the point. Gardiner could absolutely be moved for Luongo, it's not that farfetched an idea.
    Haha well, I think we stole JVR from Philly but I won't go that far off topic. It's something we won't agree on.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,852
    vCash
    1500
    the trade helped both teams but i think it will help toronto more in the long term.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I'm curious, how have the Leafs ****ed up Kadri but not big Joe? They've put Kadri through the system perfectly. Now, how he was thrown under the bus I hated but that was Ron Wilson. Ron Wilson is a ****ing moron.
    I didn't say we haven't ****ed up Joe. I just don't have hope in either guys anymore, Kadri showed that he has a chance to stick but didn't blow the competition away really. I wait for him to develop, Joe on the other hand didn't do **** but the reason being the injuries. The Leafs are ******** for letting him play through that, so you have a point.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,231
    vCash
    1500
    Regarding JVR and Luke, I think the trade is fair right now on paper for both sides, but in terms of potential, the edge goes to Toronto. JVR has all the tools to DOMINATE and be a 30-35 goal scoring power forward in this league, he already had 21 last year. Luke on the other hand, I think what we see is what we will get from Luke throughout his career. He will always be a hard-nosed defenseman with a knack for hitting and just playing extremely physical, however he has no offensive upside what so ever.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. RaPz--Le@F View Post
    I didn't say we haven't ****ed up Joe. I just don't have hope in either guys anymore, Kadri showed that he has a chance to stick but didn't blow the competition away really. I wait for him to develop, Joe on the other hand didn't do **** but the reason being the injuries. The Leafs are ******** for letting him play through that, so you have a point.
    Now, you gotta take it with a grain of salt but Nazem led the team in pre-season scoring and was still sent back down. That's a major red flag for Ron Wilsons inability to coach. Glad that morons gone.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Now, you gotta take it with a grain of salt but Nazem led the team in pre-season scoring and was still sent back down. That's a major red flag for Ron Wilsons inability to coach. Glad that morons gone.
    I hated Ron. Not that I personally like Randy any more..

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,368
    vCash
    3890
    Both Gillis and Burke are way over their heads in negotiations. Gillis is asking for far too much, and Burke is offering way too little. As a Leafs fan, I'd be extremely content if we can get Luongo for just Bozak and Colborne. Bozak is a nice 2nd/3rd line center while Colborne could potentially be a legitimate #1 center if he somehow avoids any serious injuries throughout his career. That being said, Luongo to Toronto would mean Burke is actually trying to compete here - which is a healthy sign even though it would probably **** us up in the long term.

    I just want playoff hockey and the Leafs desperately need some stability in between the pipes. So I'm happy... for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Whats so special about Jake Gardiner that Leafs fans wouldnt even consider moving him for a legitimate #1 goalie?
    Well it's because you haven't seen the kid play first hand. Great hockey sense, phenomenal hands, offensively-minded, great on-puck defender, and will be a top 2 defenceman for the Leafs along wtih Phanuef. I would be upset if we traded Gardiner even for a top-notch goalie like Fluery.

    Quote Originally Posted by IversonIsKrazy View Post
    Bozak + Gardiner would be sick!
    Not happening.

    Burke has a huge boner for Gardiner and doesn't intend on trading him. If he did, then Luongo would've been in a Leafs jersey right after the '12 Stanley Cup finals.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    I hated Ron. Not that I personally like Randy any more..
    I never liked Wilson before he even got to Toronto. Carlyle is a good coach. Not the best like a Babcock but he's good. He knows how to setup the D. Wilsons style is wreckless. The run n' gun is not an option in the NHL today. There are plenty of examples in recent times of this. Honestly, if you talk to Ducks fans, which I have, they'll tell you Carlyle was simply a case of it's easier to fire the coach than the team. At the end of the day, I still wanted Eakins as the head coach. I honestly believe he's the best coach not in the NHL. It will be sad when he leaves our AHL team to coach an NHL team outside of Toronto. Definitely a missed opportunity for this team.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,311
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    Well it's because you haven't seen the kid play first hand. Great hockey sense, phenomenal hands, offensively-minded, great on-puck defender, and will be a top 2 defenceman for the Leafs along wtih Phanuef. I would be upset if we traded Gardiner even for a top-notch goalie like Fluery.
    If by first hand you mean live then ya you are right. I do however watch a ton of leafs game on tv even more then sens games being in their area. I dont see him being anymore then a average to just a slightly above average defenceman, not that thats a bad thing just not something i wouldnt trade to fill a massive need.
    Sens Raps Jays

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,973
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    They should have traded Giroux since he doesnt have it
    lol
    <Meaning and Content>

    ...And did you see that Giroux goal?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I never liked Wilson before he even got to Toronto. Carlyle is a good coach. Not the best like a Babcock but he's good. He knows how to setup the D. Wilsons style is wreckless. The run n' gun is not an option in the NHL today. There are plenty of examples in recent times of this. Honestly, if you talk to Ducks fans, which I have, they'll tell you Carlyle was simply a case of it's easier to fire the coach than the team. At the end of the day, I still wanted Eakins as the head coach. I honestly believe he's the best coach not in the NHL. It will be sad when he leaves our AHL team to coach an NHL team outside of Toronto. Definitely a missed opportunity for this team.

    I love Eakins too, met him a few times also. I was hoping he was our next coach, I know we extended him but if I remember correctly, he can still leave after this season.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    29,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    If by first hand you mean live then ya you are right. I do however watch a ton of leafs game on tv even more then sens games being in their area. I dont see him being anymore then a average to just a slightly above average defenceman, not that thats a bad thing just not something i wouldnt trade to fill a massive need.
    This is youe evaluation of Gardiner? and you say you've seen him play? something doesn't add up here. Gardiners gonna be a hell of a player. Certainly a top young dman in the NHL without question. Slightly above average would be the low end of his potential.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,639
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly this trade might exactly be what they need. They need a good goalie. I am a Leafs fan by relation lol, i feel for you fans. You guys deserve better and Luongo is def better even if I dont consider him a top 5 or top 10 goalie anymore

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    2,173
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    Both Gillis and Burke are way over their heads in negotiations. Gillis is asking for far too much, and Burke is offering way too little. As a Leafs fan, I'd be extremely content if we can get Luongo for just Bozak and Colborne. Bozak is a nice 2nd/3rd line center while Colborne could potentially be a legitimate #1 center if he somehow avoids any serious injuries throughout his career. That being said, Luongo to Toronto would mean Burke is actually trying to compete here - which is a healthy sign even though it would probably **** us up in the long term.

    I just want playoff hockey and the Leafs desperately need some stability in between the pipes. So I'm happy... for now.



    Well it's because you haven't seen the kid play first hand. Great hockey sense, phenomenal hands, offensively-minded, great on-puck defender, and will be a top 2 defenceman for the Leafs along wtih Phanuef. I would be upset if we traded Gardiner even for a top-notch goalie like Fluery.



    Not happening.

    Burke has a huge boner for Gardiner and doesn't intend on trading him. If he did, then Luongo would've been in a Leafs jersey right after the '12 Stanley Cup finals.
    Please tell me how Fleury is better than Luongo. This is so rediculous. Toronto fans way undervalue luongo because they don't want to give much up, but as soon as he is there he will be the second coming.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,578
    vCash
    1500
    Leafs fans don't undervalue Luongo. Not the slightest. What Leafs fans know, as hockey fans first, is that his contract decreases his value. Especially if these mental 4859740896760 year contracts are honoured in the new CBA. If Luongo was on a 3 year deal then Mike Gillis would get heaven and earth for him. If anything I know Leafs fans on PSD for the most part are way more than happy if we end up getting Luongo. He's a top notch goalie.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •