Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    vCash
    Kane would be amazing but not happening. Perry would also be perfect but not happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Kane is going no where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Kane would be amazing but not happening. Perry would also be perfect but not happening.
    Perry's a free agent next off-season. Depending on what you guys do before then, you could possibly make a run at him. I think at least one of Getzlaf/Perry leaves Anaheim. I think the chances both leave gets even higher if Anaheim trades Ryan for young players/picks.

As for the Kane part, yeah, it probably wouldn't happen. I forgot that he signed an extension.

vCash
    I wonder if Hiller is healthy cause if he isn't that could be a possibility at least. Luongo + for Perry would be amazing. It would take another good piece with Luongo but it would be worth exploring. I would consider Schneider + for Perry as well.

vCash
    I wonder if Hiller is healthy cause if he isn't that could be a possibility at least. Luongo + for Perry would be amazing. It would take another good piece with Luongo but it would be worth exploring. I would consider Schneider + for Perry as well.
    Yeah I have a strong feeling that the deal will happen with a team we haven't even thought or heard about. I'd like to see a bonafide hockey trade. And as everyone knows by now, I think the "contract issues" are bogus fodder to attempt to drive down Luongo's value.

Yes, Perry would be awesome!!

vCash
    If anything, it would be Schneider+ for Perry or possibly even Bobby Ryan. Ryan would be another nice piece for you guys and I think would put up monster seasons playing wing for the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Yeah I have a strong feeling that the deal will happen with a team we haven't even thought or heard about. I'd like to see a bonafide hockey trade. And as everyone knows by now, I think the "contract issues" are bogus fodder to attempt to drive down Luongo's value.

Yes, Perry would be awesome!!
    I'm trying to think what teams we haven't heard are interested. Up until fairly recently, we had only really heard the Hawks, Panthers, Lightning, Blue Jackets and Maple Leafs. Now we have the Oilers entering discussions. The Ducks are another interesting team to monitor. I feel like they're heading towards a rebuild soon if they lose one or both of Getzlaf and Perry and/or trade Ryan. The Devils could be looking for a goalie soon depending on how well Brodeur plays if there's even a season this year, but that wouldn't be until at least next off-season. The Islanders might have interest depending on what happens with Nabokov. I could see the Flyers having interest in either Schneider or Luongo if Bryz doesn't work out. Coyotes would need a goalie if Mike Smith leaves, but I doubt they'd go for Luongo. Maybe for Schneider, but not sure they match up well in a trade.

I bolded the teams so it's easier to read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    as much as luongos value has "apparently" gone down/him being undervalued that is a huge underpayment for him. Gagner doesnt really make sense for the nucks because as soon as kesler comes back(im pretty sure he is injured) gagner gets pushed to a 3rd line role which he isnt suited for at all imo. MPS is young enough to play a role in vancouver but he shouldnt be the core piece coming back to the nucks. something around smid+mps+small piece might interest the nucks but there is no way the oilers would go for that since smid holds more value to the oilers than anyone other team in the league. so unless the oilers change there mind on dealing smid it seems like a no go
    Forgot to comment on this earlier. I agree that it's a definite underpayment and Edmonton would have to give up more. Vancouver's not going to trade Luongo away without getting a solid return. I don't know what else Edmonton would be willing to give up or if these players would even be the ones these two teams would discuss in trade talks. Maybe Dubnyk and a prospect? Although Eddie Lack is close to ready for the NHL, so I'm not sure the Canucks would need a goalie coming back.

Gagner is a former #6 overall pick, is young, and has plenty of talent. He hasn't lived up to his potential so far, but he's still managed to score 40+ points a year every year since he's been in the league and that's on crappy Oilers teams. He showed what he's capable of when he scored 8 points in one game against the Hawks (argh) on February 2nd, 2012. He's a guy that can also play wing, but is blocked currently with all the depth the Oilers have at wing in their top-6. Just imagine what he could do playing on a line with a healthy Kesler and Burrows. That would be a nasty 2nd line, and I think Gagner would put up 50 points if he got to spend the whole year playing on a line with those two goal scorers.

As for MPS, he's talented, but he's far from the core piece coming back. That would pretty clearly be Gagner. I do like MPS more than most people though. I think he could be a solid top-6 winger than can get you 40-50 points a year.

I guess I put the idea out there to sort of get the ball rolling. I think like a GM sometimes. I put a lowball offer out there to see what the asking rate is for Luongo. Someone (you in this case) says no way, that it's not enough. I or someone else add more to original idea, and we go from there. I guess I just want to encourage more discussion on this.
    Last edited by CubbieKid17; 11-27-2012 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Changed the order of some stuff after I thought about it.

vCash
    I didn't even think about the isles.

vCash
    I didn't even think about the isles.
    Yeah, I could see them getting involved if Nabokov leaves/doesn't work out. I'm really excited to see what happens when the NHL finally comes back. I expect at least 2-3 decent sized trades with a Luongo trade being one of them.

I see some other team other than the Oilers, Leafs, or Panthers trading for Luongo. Not sure which team exactly. Could even be the Hawks, which I'm personally torn on. On the one hand, we'd be getting a top-10, probably top-5 goalie in the game. On the other hand, he's 33, is signed for a while at a cap hit just over $5 million, was just benched in this past year's Stanley Cup playoffs, and is hated by Hawks fan. I'd be more open to him coming to Chicago than most Hawks fans. It's probably a moot point anyways though, as I don't see Chicago giving up the players Vancouver would surely want in a Luongo trade.

vCash
    Bumping this because people want to talk about Luongo and because nothing has really changed. Still the same stale rumours. The topics and the trade possibilities have stalled and no one is reporting anything fresh.

vCash
    Bumping this because people want to talk about Luongo and because nothing has really changed. Still the same stale rumours. The topics and the trade possibilities have stalled and no one is reporting anything fresh.
    You don't think the new cap benefit recapture formula in the CBA will effect the Loungo talks at all? You're crazy
    There are no men like me, only me.

11. 01-08-2013, 01:49 AM
    Reason
    time to stop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    You don't think the new cap benefit recapture formula in the CBA will effect the Loungo talks at all? You're crazy
    There was a CBC Sports article today that said exactly that. And please cut out the personal remarks.

New CBA doesn't hurt Roberto Luongo

vCash
    Rather than create a new and fresh thread without all the clutter, we should just necro a thread from 40 days ago!

Making excuses that nothing has changed yet clearly has not read significant details of the new CBA!

Seems generally pissy towards the NHL and other posters!

That said, to reiterate what I wrote in the previous thread that was deleted rather than moved here....

Read the cap benefit recapture formula and it leads me to believe that Lou will be bought out.

vCash
    There was a CBC Sports article today that said exactly that. And please cut out the personal remarks.

New CBA doesn't hurt Roberto Luongo
    I said you're crazy... Are you serious?

And a 2.2 cap hit can definitely be significant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post

Read the cap benefit recapture formula and it leads me to believe that Lou will be bought out.
    Read the article I just posted by the writer who has followed the CBA talks as closely as any other journalist. He doesn't seem to think it will affect things that much.

tbh if Vancouver can only get crap for Luongo, the buyout is a fine option. But it doesn't look like it will come into play. These amnesties are not used as often as people think.

vCash
    Why are we bumping a thread from November? I thought there was another Luongo thread. Now I'm lost. What is this one about again?
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast