Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    vCash
    21 pages about Roberto Luongo. Heh, pretty good for a hockey thread. On another sight there were 6 different well over 1000 post pages about him. Crazy stuff. People sure do love to love or hate Luuu.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    We are gonna have to agree to disagree on Varlamov but valid point on kes.
    Definitely. Varlamov isn't proven completely yet. I've seen enough from him to think that he's got a brighten future in the NHL. Maybe not a top-10 goalie, but he's more of a fit for what the Avalanche are trying to do now (in terms of age). The Avalanche believe that he can take that next step and become a really good goaltender. If the Avs didn't have Varlamov, they'd probably want Cory Schneider back in a deal involving Duchene.

On a side note, I've gotta say having Luongo on my fantasy hockey team last year (1st place w00t w00t) definitely made me dislike him a lot less. I found myself rooting for him (but still against the Canucks ) whenever he had a start that wasn't against the Hawks or another team I liked.

vCash
    Luongo has been very consistent throughout his career. I would trade Schneider for Duschene.

vCash
    Luongo has been very consistent throughout his career. I would trade Schneider for Duschene.
    That would actually be the basis of a nice trade for both teams if the Avs didn't already have Varlamov. They believe he can be a really good goalie.

I almost hope that the Avs trade one of those centers for a goal-scoring wing like Bobby Ryan. They're going to be a really fun team to watch if they can get a goal-scorer for their playmakers.

vCash
    I really hope that Edmonton steps up with a nice offer to get Luongo. Nothing against the Leafs, but I'd much rather the Oilers get a sick goalie than the Leafs. That team would be another top defenseman away from being a Cup Contender depending on who they'd trade for Luongo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I really hope that Edmonton steps up with a nice offer to get Luongo. Nothing against the Leafs, but I'd much rather the Oilers get a sick goalie than the Leafs. That team would be another top defenseman away from being a Cup Contender depending on who they'd trade for Luongo.
    And I would love to watch that team. I don't care who my home team is, I am interested in quality like that.

vCash
    Me too. I'm definitely ok with cheering for a local product in RNH. Even though Colorado was a bitter rival Bunaby Joe was one of my favorite players, and he always killed the Canucks. The older I get the more I realize just how good Sakic was. He is pretty underrated in my opinion. It would be pretty fun to see Luongo in the same division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    And I would love to watch that team. I don't care who my home team is, I am interested in quality like that.
    I'm a huge Jordan Eberle fan. I think he's going to be a stud, especially on that team. Definitely a fun team to watch even without Luongo, but if they got Luongo, that would be absolutely huge for that team. They'd probably be my 2nd favorite team to watch after the Hawks of course.

Me too. I'm definitely ok with cheering for a local product in RNH. Even though Colorado was a bitter rival Bunaby Joe was one of my favorite players, and he always killed the Canucks. The older I get the more I realize just how good Sakic was. He is pretty underrated in my opinion. It would be pretty fun to see Luongo in the same division.
    Definitely. Sakic was awesome. My favorite player from that era was Mike Modano. Another player that was underrated IMO. My 2 favorite players were Modano and Brett Hull. They were part of the Stars during the first Stanley Cup I ever watched (1999 against the Sabres). I was a huge fan of Hull even after he went to the Red Wings (ugh).

vCash
    I'm a huge Jordan Eberle fan. I think he's going to be a stud, especially on that team. Definitely a fun team to watch even without Luongo, but if they got Luongo, that would be absolutely huge for that team. They'd probably be my 2nd favorite team to watch after the Hawks of course.
    I would admire the hockey they would play, even ahead of my hometown team. I cheer for the Canucks but I don't really like AVs dull style, and I don't think a lot of the talent throughout the roster. It feels like the Canucks are stagnant, whereas the Oilers will be a really dynamic team. I don't blame Schultz in the slightest, for example, for picking the Oilers over the Canucks this summer.

I'd also be really happy for Luongo if the fan base treats him better than we have. The guy deserves a break. He has been vastly under-appreciated for what he's done in the last 5 years in Vancouver (and on the Olympic team).

vCash
    You should have seen what Hull was like on the blues, he was incredible. Modano was amazing as well.

vCash
    You should have seen what Hull was like on the blues, he was incredible. Modano was amazing as well.
    That Hull and Oates combo should never have been broken up. Imagine if the Canucks had a sniper like Hull on the Sedin's wing.

vCash
    Wish I would've. Hockey was never on regular TV (non-cable) or if it was, I didn't see it. So until about 2006 or 2007, I hadn't watched a whole bunch of hockey. Now I watch most of the Hawks games. That is when there's actually a season to be watched I might as well be Canadian for how much I love watching hockey and wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    That Hull and Oates combo should never have been broken up. Imagine if the Canucks had a sniper like Hull on the Sedin's wing.
    I would be beyond pissed haha. In all seriousness, that's exactly the type of player you guys could use. I think Rick Nash would've been a really good fit for you guys. Big time goal scorer who's big enough to help protect the Sedins. Doan would've been nice fit as well, but he's not nearly the goal scorer that Nash is. I could see you guys going for Evander Kane or possibly Corey Perry. Personally, I'd go for Perry. Kane's good, but I've heard people say his hockey sense is low. Admittedly, I don't get to watch a ton of non-Hawks hockey except when I'm over at a friend's house or if it's the playoffs. I make up for that by reading a ton of scouting reports, hearing feedback from fans, and occasionally catching a game or two.

vCash
    I've been thinking about it a bit. Would say Gagner and MPS for Luongo and a 3rd round pick be a fair deal?

vCash
    I've been thinking about it a bit. Would say Gagner and MPS for Luongo and a 3rd round pick be a fair deal?
    as much as luongos value has "apparently" gone down/him being undervalued that is a huge underpayment for him. Gagner doesnt really make sense for the nucks because as soon as kesler comes back(im pretty sure he is injured) gagner gets pushed to a 3rd line role which he isnt suited for at all imo. MPS is young enough to play a role in vancouver but he shouldnt be the core piece coming back to the nucks. something around smid+mps+small piece might interest the nucks but there is no way the oilers would go for that since smid holds more value to the oilers than anyone other team in the league. so unless the oilers change there mind on dealing smid it seems like a no go

vCash
    Wish I would've. Hockey was never on regular TV (non-cable) or if it was, I didn't see it. So until about 2006 or 2007, I hadn't watched a whole bunch of hockey. Now I watch most of the Hawks games. That is when there's actually a season to be watched I might as well be Canadian for how much I love watching hockey and wrestling.

I would be beyond pissed haha. In all seriousness, that's exactly the type of player you guys could use. I think Rick Nash would've been a really good fit for you guys. Big time goal scorer who's big enough to help protect the Sedins. Doan would've been nice fit as well, but he's not nearly the goal scorer that Nash is. I could see you guys going for Evander Kane or possibly Corey Perry. Personally, I'd go for Perry. Kane's good, but I've heard people say his hockey sense is low. Admittedly, I don't get to watch a ton of non-Hawks hockey except when I'm over at a friend's house or if it's the playoffs. I make up for that by reading a ton of scouting reports, hearing feedback from fans, and occasionally catching a game or two.

Kane is going no where.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast