Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Ummmmmmm....I thought Kesler did that for you in the run to the cup finals, he basically carried that team there until he got hurt. If I were you I'd be packaging the Sedins for some players that can handle physical play. If it weren't for Kesler you'd never have gotten by the Preds that year, I believe he had 11 points that series, second only to Bure in a nucks uni, and the canucks only scored 14 goals that series, so I'd say that was carrying the team. Too bad for you guys that he got hurt though because without him and the lack of production from the Sedins especially on the PP you were toast.
    Maybe, but that's clearly in the past. We've discussed this topic to death in the Canucks forum so rather than throwing this too far off topic, I'll post a link to just the most recent discussion (from post 18 on) - http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...=722926&page=2

Regarding the oft-quoted Kes stats from a few playoffs ago, you can't build a team around one great scoring season or 2-3 great playoff rounds.

Besides, who do we think Mike Gillis is anyway? Alex Anthopoulous?? lol

vCash
    Yes kesler carried us for one playoff round. We need somebody who can carry this team consistently. He is one of my favorite players but he is gonna decline quickly with his style of play, and it would be smart to sell high. As far as the Sedins go they need a true talent on the top line. Burrows just doesn't cut it for me. Imagine an iginla type player with them, it would be scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    If Gillis had the cajones to do that I think he could turn the team into a true contender again. That's what I've been hoping for since last season.
    I'd like to see the Sedins traded for a young up and comer as well but it just isnt going to happen imo.

I think doing what Philly did with Carter and Richards would be the right thing for Gillis to do with the Canucks but like you said Gillis wont pull the trigger.

vCash
    I wonder what it would take to get Duchesne out of Colorado?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I wonder what it would take to get Duchesne out of Colorado?
    I dont think a trade like this would happen within the division.

vCash
    I find the divisional excuse bogus though it does exist. If a trade can make both teams better, why not? Luongo and Kesler for Duschene+ would be pretty interesting though it won't happen.

vCash
    Last time I checked Henrik Sedin was a top line center. An elite one at that.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Last time I checked Henrik Sedin was a top line center. An elite one at that.
    Absolutely. I think Pfeifer meant top 6. But I'll let him speak for himself.

vCash
    Henrik is a very good centre but by no means can he carry a team. The Sedins are such a unique situation. I think they are stars, but just not on the same level as guys like Crosby, or Datsyuk. Think about the pressure that would be taken off of the twins if they had a Ryan Kesler that could score consistently. I think the twins are top liners but it seems like there is always something missing, especially in the playoffs. I personally don't believe in the twins as true leaders and when Luongo gets traded that is the major leadership out the door. If giving up Luongo and Kesler can net is a star, I would do it in a heartbeat, although it would rip my heart out at the same time.

vCash
    Just wondering, what do Canucks fans think a fair offer for Luongo would be from say Toronto, Edmonton, and Florida?

Also, this argument was a few pages back, but I think Luongo's got at least 2-3 really good years left in him. He's durable and works very hard. The only reason Vancouver even thinks about trading him is that for some reason, Luongo just isn't nearly as good come playoff time, and also because Cory Schneider has emerged as a very good young goaltender. Keep in mind that this is coming from a Hawks fan who hates but respects the Canucks.

vCash
    As a hawks fan would u do Luongo, Kesler and a first for Toews?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    As a hawks fan would u do Luongo, Kesler and a first for Toews?
    No way. What do you think is a fair offer for Luongo from any of those 3 teams I listed?

vCash
    I agree with u I wouldn't either, but this is the type of deal I would be looking for if I were gillis. From Edmonton I would try and target Gagner and MPS. From Toronto there is nothing that they would give up so I hope to hell it doesn't happen. Florida is a weird one. I don't really know what to expect from them. I personally think when the trade does go down, it will be completely out of left field.

Out of curiosity, what do u think it would take to pry Toews from u guys. It's a non starter cause he is the heart of the franchise, but in a pure hockey sense. It's especially intriguing because Kesler and Kane have history playing on the national team and Luongo is the goalie you have missed since the wall left. Hypothetically what more would u want in a trade?

It's always fun to gauge perceived value for players because us fans always overvalue our own players, lol.

vCash
    IMO as long as the two Sedins are playing on the top line and eating most of the minutes of ice time on forward they'll not win a cup. Personally I think their best chance was against Boston who had struggled on the PP as well. It boggles my mind why they don't split the two of them up during the regular season and let them get used to that so that they can do it in playoffs. Don't get me wrong but there's very few players with the skill of the Sedins in the league but it's very well known that if you hit them they usually become agitated to the point that they can't play effectively and this usually happens more in the playoffs. To be clear, I like their skill set but they need to either become stronger or get split up, it's just not gonna work with two agitated softish type players on your first line. Vancouver still has a big window to win the cup but some changes will have to be made, either trade the Sedins or make it so they can become effective in the playoffs. But that's just my opinion, my team has had it's problems too so maybe I should focus on that hahahha.

vCash
    This is my thinking as well but I wouldn't trade the Sedins. If they could get somebody to take the pressure ff they would destroy teams. Like I was saying if they could get somebody like a Toews for a package of Luongo, Kesler + I would do it.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast