Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    They're going to have to. If they dont pick up a goalie via trade, bringing Scrivens up will only thin out what's left for goalie prospects. They really need to focus on forwards and goaltending in the next couple of drafts.
    And Scrivens is deep on the back 9 to 30 years old. Goalies take longer to develop but the guys like 26/27 years old or so. You'd like to see him with a little more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    An 18 page thread about Luongo proves we depressedly need hockey back
    Truth spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    This next draft should be a center in the 1st round and a goalie in the 2nd round.
    We'll get hockey back by December or January and we'll play good enough hockey to draft between 10th and 13th but not good enough to make the dance. We have luck like no other hockey fans in the world lol. You kinda sit around waiting for something to screw up beccause we're so used to it.

vCash
    I know how u feel. Canucks went through that for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I know how u feel. Canucks went through that for years.
    So true. (And many of those years were under Burke).

vCash
    At least it got better with Burke. How you sign Mark Messier when Wayne Gretzky is waiting in a hotel room to sign a contract is mind boggling, thanks for that mike Keenan.

vCash
    At least it got better with Burke. How you sign Mark Messier when Wayne Gretzky is waiting in a hotel room to sign a contract is mind boggling, thanks for that mike Keenan.
    Funny thing is that the Canucks did not need a leader. They had one.

But remember, Keenan swung a couple of trades that vastly improved the team. Losing Linden was painful but look at who we got in return and what they did for the team: Bryan McCabe, Todd Bertuzzi, and the third round pick who ultimately became Jarkko Ruutu. Don't want to go OT but with that trade and the earlier Naslund trade, Burke inherited the nucleus of his team. The only significant player I can think of off-hand that Burkie picked up was Jovo. He definitely struck out on goalies -- Weekes, Snow, Cloutier, a fading Potvin, etc, etc.

vCash
    He did acquire the Sedins and drafted kesler. I do agree with you on the Keenan moves but I feel like he killed the identity of the organization. I may be in the minority but I liked cloutier as well.

vCash
    He did acquire the Sedins and drafted kesler. I do agree with you on the Keenan moves but I feel like he killed the identity of the organization. I may be in the minority but I liked cloutier as well.
    No doubt Keenan killed the identity of the organization, which hit its high water mark in 94. He was a weird transitional figure between Quinn and Burke. In order for someone to replace a guy as legendary as Quinn you probably needed a slash-and-burn character like Keenan. Full credit to Burke on swinging the deal to draft both twins, and on drafting Kesler, but thumbs down to him for not really being able to develop them. It wasn't until he was gone that they started to really come on. Gillis and AV deserve credit for that. Remember how when Burke was here, the Sedins couldn't even cut it as decent second liners? And Kesler was basically an energy guy. I just don't think much of Burke's development programs. That's basically why I want nothing to do with any of his picks any more.

vCash
    I totally agree, although it does feel like we have lost our way a bit. The team really needs this change with Luongo not because of talent but its time for a new leader to step up for this franchise. As much as we are led to believe this is the Sedins team, I firmly believe it is still Luongo' team. Until we get a true game changer I don't really see much of a direction. As good as burrows is he is not a first liner, there is one huge hole. Who is gonna anchor the third line? Where is the scoring gonna come from on the second line? We have a lot of good defenceman but no real anchor. We have two goalies. So many question marks for me, I feel like this era of Canucks hockey is over. I'm in the mindset of finding someone to carry this team, where the Sedins can be the second option, then it's ok to play burrows with them. Point is we have to get a good haul for Luongo, or Schneider, to fill much needed holes.

vCash
    Leafs can beat that...Gretzky wanted to sign here and our bat **** crazy owner, Ballard, was too cheap to sign him. The.Greatest.Player.Ever. Nope, not in the budget! Ballard was so cheap he refused to send scouts out so in one of the Leafs drafts we selected all players from the Belleville Bulls or something like that. I'm too young to remember every detail but we had an insane owner.

vCash

vCash
    I totally agree, although it does feel like we have lost our way a bit. The team really needs this change with Luongo not because of talent but its time for a new leader to step up for this franchise. As much as we are led to believe this is the Sedins team, I firmly believe it is still Luongo' team. Until we get a true game changer I don't really see much of a direction. As good as burrows is he is not a first liner, there is one huge hole. Who is gonna anchor the third line? Where is the scoring gonna come from on the second line? We have a lot of good defenceman but no real anchor. We have two goalies. So many question marks for me, I feel like this era of Canucks hockey is over. I'm in the mindset of finding someone to carry this team, where the Sedins can be the second option, then it's ok to play burrows with them. Point is we have to get a good haul for Luongo, or Schneider, to fill much needed holes.
    100% agree. I think the window for the Canucks' team of a couple of seasons ago has actually closed and the team badly needs to be remade along the lines you describe. That's why I often post about the need to make a real shakeup trade, and not just move one of the goalies. It's gut check and head check time for Gillis. Problem is, he seems convinced that he has the team he needs and it's just a matter of time before they win it all.

And halladay, yes, Ballard was the nutcase owner of all nutcase owners.

vCash
    I would love to see kesler and Luongo packaged for a young star.

vCash
    I would love to see kesler and Luongo packaged for a young star.
    If Gillis had the cajones to do that I think he could turn the team into a true contender again. That's what I've been hoping for since last season.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong, my kids have a kesler and Luongo jersey and I think they are great players but we could really use a true top line centre. Somebody who can put the team on his back.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong, my kids have a kesler and Luongo jersey and I think they are great players but we could really use a true top line centre. Somebody who can put the team on his back.
    Ummmmmmm....I thought Kesler did that for you in the run to the cup finals, he basically carried that team there until he got hurt. If I were you I'd be packaging the Sedins for some players that can handle physical play. If it weren't for Kesler you'd never have gotten by the Preds that year, I believe he had 11 points that series, second only to Bure in a nucks uni, and the canucks only scored 14 goals that series, so I'd say that was carrying the team. Too bad for you guys that he got hurt though because without him and the lack of production from the Sedins especially on the PP you were toast.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast