Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i hope we make a qualifying offer, it will lessen the amount others are willing to pay, and makes it more likely he comes back, even if he doesn't more draft picks, where is the down side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i hope we make a qualifying offer, it will lessen the amount others are willing to pay, and makes it more likely he comes back, even if he doesn't more draft picks, where is the down side.
    He accepts and we pay him 13.3M?
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    He accepts and we pay him 13.3M?
    so what were fine with giving him 10 mill for a year or like 19 mill for 2, if we over pay and he sucks, oh well he is off the books, if he plays well great. why loose him and get nothing in return.

vCash
    As many as 13-14 teams have checked in on Torii Hunter, and the 37-year-old is likely to play for a new team in 2013, according to Scott Miller of CBS Sports. The Tigers, Rangers and Braves are being the most aggressive, according to Miller's sources.

Miller reports that back on Sept. 17, the Angels made Hunter a token one-year offer worth $5MM. That number didn't sit well with Hunter:

"They never offered me anything worth considering," Hunter says. "It actually was very disrespectful, what was offered."

Prior to the Angels' modest offer, Hunter was open to re-signing with the team for less, according to Miller, but that bridge appears to have been burned. Hunter says that he isn't looking to break the bank, and he's more concerned with winning a World Series ring for a "fair" price. Whether that pursuit of a championship comes in the American League or National League doesn't seem to matter to Hunter:

"I'm open," Hunter said. "If the National League has a team that's going to win, I'm all for it."

Hunter has already spoken with his close friend Jason Heyward about the Braves, who are a clear fit for the former Gold Glover. As Miller notes, Hunter grew up in Arkansas watching the Braves on a regular basis. Earlier today, it was reported that the Braves were among the teams that were very interested in Hunter. The Tigers, Rangers and Yankees are also mentioned in that report, and the Red Sox have been linked to Hunter as well. The Dodgers, however, appear to be out of the discussion.
    More of what we pretty much already knew. Bye, bye Torii.

vCash
    i hope we offer him a two year deal. if not i hope either goes to boston, atlanta, or phillies. id be upset if he went to texas or detroit. that would really suck.

vCash
    As much as I love, respect, and will miss Hunter, he shouldn't have considered the Angels' offer disrespectful. He knew the Angels were cutting contracts to save money for a specific re-signing of Greinke, which is the general anticipation of Halo fans. Hunter even stated his willingness to take take less money in order to stay with the team before the season ended. If you ask me, Hunter shouldn't be too picky regarding a year and salary if he thinks his best shot of winning a ring is with the Angels at the offered price. I understand his position: the offered amount seemed a bit insulting, but he should know the Angels a little better than that, in my opinion.

vCash
    @Ken_Rosenthal: Torii to #Tigers. Two-year agreement, pending physical.

So long Torii

vCash
    @JonHeymanCBS: hunter gets $26M deal from #tigers for the 2 yrs. goal seemed to be to be in beltran range (same 26/2).

Goodluck with that

vCash
    Good for him. I'm surprised he got that much. That's only a 5 MIL decrease from the annual average salary he received from the Angels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Good for him. I'm surprised he got that much. That's only a 5 MIL decrease from the annual average salary he received from the Angels.
    Yeah, he had a rockin year and he got paid for it. I thought he'd sign for 10 per.

vCash
    Can't blame him for taking the money.

vCash
    @MikeDiGiovanna: Huge loss for #Angels, bigger loss for Halo beat writers. Torii told me last week he would have taken 1-year qualifying offer from Angels.

That's why we couldn't make him a qualifying offer

vCash
    It's not really a huge loss for the Angels. He'll be missed, no doubt, but he's also not going to have the same year he did this year. .389 BABIP is nice when it's happening, but it'll be biting you on the *** when it regresses.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Well, he's gone. We're going to have fun trying to find another #2 hitter. Besides Hunter, we've been struggling to fill that spot. Be nice if Bourjos could leave off and slide Trout to #2. I can dream I guess.

vCash
    He was an awesome player for us. Not just on the field, but he was truly a class act for the organization. Good luck in Detroit, Torii!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast