Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Torii Hunter Signs with the Tigers

The Angels have offered Torii Hunter a one-year contract at a heavy pay cut from his previous $18MM salary, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reported today. Hunter, who’s eligible for free agency this offseason, seeks at least a two-year deal. The Angels are interested in bringing him back, so there’s a potential fit here if the sides can agree on the value and length of the contract.
    I'm guessing it was 1 year 5M

We'll see how much he really wants to come back
    Last edited by vladdy#27; 11-14-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    There's no way he's taking a one year deal unless it includes an easily obtainable vesting option. His stock will never be higher in the future, so he has to capitalize on this. I say, if he doesn't take at most a 2 yr 18 MIL contract we have to let him walk. I'd love to have him back next year, but that's more because I like the guy rather than because I think we need him. Without him we have Trout-Bourjos-Trumbo, which I'm perfectly fine with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I'm guessing it was 1 year 5M

We'll see how much he really wants to come back
    The price of a veteran middle reliever? Now way! Well maybe as a starting offer. 2/18 would be fair on both sides.

vCash
    Probably one year around 8-10M

vCash
    1yr 6-10 mill anywhere there i hope gets it done

vCash
    He's not going to take a one year deal. He has said he wants to play three more years and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get at least 2 more years of guaranteed play.

vCash
    The Angels are highly unlikely to re-sign right fielder Torii Hunter, MLBTR has learned from a source close to the situation. The Angels are highly prioritizing pitching improvements, and Hunter will have a chance to explore the open market.

Hunter, 37, signed a five-year, $90MM deal with the Angels after the '07 season. He hit .313/.365/.451 with 16 home runs in 584 plate appearances this year, so he's still an asset from the right side of the plate. His right field defense grades out as above-average. MVP candidate Mike Trout is assured of a starting spot next year for the Halos, while Vernon Wells, Peter Bourjos, and Mark Trumbo project to take the rest of the at-bats.

A week ago, Bob Nightengale of USA Today wrote that the Angels offered Hunter "only a one-year contract at a heavy pay cut from his $18 million salary," and that Hunter is aiming for at least a two-year deal. At this stage in his career I imagine Hunter is focused on playing for a contender, with teams such as the Phillies and Rangers looking like viable options.
    Hunter was very good for us last year, but we really don't need him. He is almost surely going to decline and I rather not be paying an aging Hunter 9M+ per year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Hunter was very good for us last year, but we really don't need him. He is almost surely going to decline and I rather not be paying an aging Hunter 9M+ per year
    That's too bad. I would have liked to see him come back, but it's not too big of a deal if he doesn't. I guess this mean Bourjos is our center fielder next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    That's too bad. I would have liked to see him come back, but it's not too big of a deal if he doesn't. I guess this mean Bourjos is our center fielder next year
    Don't ge too excited

LF Wells CF Trout RF Trumbo

vCash
    Angels better sign Hunter or I'm going have a big problem. Hunter is the leader and the heart and soul of the Angels. Torii is the person I look up to in life and always support him in every game. If Hunter doesn't resign its going to be a very sad day for me

The Future is NOW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter48MVP View Post
    Angels better sign Hunter or I'm going have a big problem. Hunter is the leader and the heart and soul of the Angels. Torii is the person I look up to in life and always support him in every game. If Hunter doesn't resign its going to be a very sad day for me
    Trout is and will be all of those things from here on out. 2011, you could argue that Hunter was the face of the franchise. Pujols was going to be from 2012 on, but CF Jesus had other ideas.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Torii Hunter says he hasn't spoken to the #Angels this offseason; leaving it to agent. "I really don't have any idea. It's out of my hands." Still think it takes roughly $9M on 1- or 2-year deal for #Angels to resign Torii. Don't expect #Angels to give him $13.5M qualifying offer.

vCash
    Offer him a second year if he exceeds his career averages. Better not be at-bats like Abreu had.

vCash
    Give him a 2 year deal for 15 or a one year deal for 9 would be fair.

vCash
    There have been player managers before. How about player hitting coach for Hunter?
    List of negative Lakers fans to watch out for this upcoming season on these forums. Even with Steve Nash or D12, they'd find something to complain about:

lamar2006
    LALakersKC
    Bryan12
    evadatam5150
    mstrdrk
    so_cal_watcher
    Lakersfan2483
    Teeboy1487
    midwestlaker75
    silvteg98
    J4KOP99
    SUPREME LA