Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Mets do with Johan Santana?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep, he may have another good 1st half and lift his value up

14 70.00%
  • Dump, eat most of the salary and move him

6 30.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johan Santana

vCash
    he is finished as a starter. Bullpen please

vCash
    Yeah, seeing how the Giants have used Lincecum as a bullpen arm in the postseason, I'd love to see Santana in that role using Wheeler in the rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah, seeing how the Giants have used Lincecum as a bullpen arm in the postseason, I'd love to see Santana in that role using Wheeler in the rotation.
    I haven't watched any of the NLCS. They are really doing that? What a fall from grace that is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    I haven't watched any of the NLCS. They are really doing that? What a fall from grace that is.
    Yeah, and he's been very effective. They started him in game 4, though.

vCash
    You keep him and hope that he as a good start to the season and try to move him at the deadline for something useful. Then you bring up Wheeler.

vCash
    You keep him and hope that he as a good start to the season and try to move him at the deadline for something useful. Then you bring up Wheeler.

vCash
    Nobody is trading for him even if he has a great start. Heck he did last year too. Everyone knows that after a handful of starts his arm isn't holding up.

vCash
    His arm is fine, he hurt his back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    His arm is fine, he hurt his back.
    Arm, Shoulder, back, ankle, knee whatever. The strength and durability he used to have is shot so he over compensates and gets himself hurt. He will never throw more than 150 innings again. At some point I think we need to consider making his debut some time in June.

vCash
    If he starts well like he did last year, he certainly will be a tradeable asset.

Someone would want Johan by the deadline (considering the Mets would have paid more than half his salary to that point) and they would certainly pick up more of his contract if a team is willing to deal for him.

He was very good last year up until the no-hitter and a left handed pitcher of his stature (although past his prime) still has value.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-20-2012 at 01:46 PM.

vCash
    Saying that, i dont think the bullpen is a good idea for a guy with serious shoulder issues (even if they are over 2 years removed)

Throwing him out there 2 to 3 times a week would certainly do no favors to his body.

Let him stay in the rotation and hope he is effective enough to be dealt.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-20-2012 at 02:55 PM.

vCash
    He was clearly good the 1st half, till the injuries started to pile up. I think he can be good the 1st 2-3 months again and the Mets should eat 75% of the contract that is left and get something decent for him.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    'Effin hilarious FoC.

Leave him alone for the first half. Hopefully, he'll build value and we trade him by July 31.

Let's face it '13 is going to be repeat of '12. Santana, if healthy, will prove to be a asset for a contending team than ours.

He deserves better. He's one pitcher who was never supported by enough runs.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    'Effin hilarious FoC.

Leave him alone for the first half. Hopefully, he'll build value and we trade him by July 31.

Let's face it '13 is going to be repeat of '12. Santana, if healthy, will prove to be a asset for a contending team than ours.

He deserves better. He's one pitcher who was never supported by enough runs.
    I was counting on you to get that.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12