Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Mets do with Johan Santana?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep, he may have another good 1st half and lift his value up

14 70.00%
  • Dump, eat most of the salary and move him

6 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johan Santana

vCash

Johan Santana

Vote for what you think the Met should do with Santana.

vCash
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    No choice but to keep him and hope he can go 10-8 with 25 starts...

vCash
    Keep. For 2 reasons:
    1. Who the hell else is gonna take a shot on that twice repaired, soon to be 34 year old arm, and,
    2. I'm sensing FOC wants to try him out at catcher. Left-handed, true .. but a better hitter than all the other C's on the roster.

vCash
    He's done, loved the no hitter this year but his time is coming... ridicule me if you want we need to focus on the future for our club and our young guns.

vCash
    Keep and see if he can start strong. Then options could possibly emerge.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Depends what they do with Dickey. If they keep Dickey, I'd deal Santana looking to save around $5MM, that could get us a player or two. If we deal Dickey, I'd take the chance of him leading the staff of young pitchers.

vCash
    that salary is impossible to dump, especially with how he finished the season...he should have been traded as soon as the no-hitter was completed; 2 weeks later it was already too late...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Depends what they do with Dickey. If they keep Dickey, I'd deal Santana looking to save around $5MM, that could get us a player or two. If we deal Dickey, I'd take the chance of him leading the staff of young pitchers.
    This. I'd much rather see Dickey leading the rotation, but if we can't resign him then keep Johan.

vCash
    Johan is a former ace who had a stellar 1st half in 2012. He is left-handed and still has a great change. Teams are always looking for pitching, and I'm sure sure teams would take a one year gamble on him for ~$5MM.

vCash
    Keep and possibly trade him to a contender at the deadline.

vCash
    Keep and unless the Mets are really in contention at the trade deadline, eat a chunk of his salary and get something in reutrn for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    Keep. For 2 reasons:
    1. Who the hell else is gonna take a shot on that twice repaired, soon to be 34 year old arm, and,
    2. I'm sensing FOC wants to try him out at catcher. Left-handed, true .. but a better hitter than all the other C's on the roster.
    Damned, I missed that one! Great point!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Point well taken! Few other points, he probably has a better throw to second! He probably calls a better game since he knows the game. He also runs better. He bunts better and brings a never die attitude with him to the park each day.

I'm sold, cut Thole!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Point well taken! Few other points, he probably has a better throw to second! He probably calls a better game since he knows the game. He also runs better. He bunts better and brings a never die attitude with him to the park each day.

I'm sold, cut Thole!
    Yeah, other than the natural handicap at throwing runners out at third base (which Thole can't do anyway), he'd be a terrific asset behind the plate.

Major tip of the hat to JohnNY for this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast