Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1005
    vCash
    Bring Dan Haren to NY.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    The Marlins would laugh hysterically at that offer.
    No they won't. The owner is an idiot in case you have not noticed. They get a nice haul.
    He's not an idiot. He's a crook. There's a difference. Stanton is still young, extremely productive and very cheap. If they were to trade him they would need a couple of stud prospects that are MLB ready, which I don't see the Yankees being able to comply with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    He's not an idiot. He's a crook. There's a difference. Stanton is still young, extremely productive and very cheap. If they were to trade him they would need a couple of stud prospects that are MLB ready, which I don't see the Yankees being able to comply with.
    This

Eric Berry Strong

vCash
    Arod career postseason :

274 at bats
    .263 avg
    .369 on base%
    13 hr
    41 RBI
    16 doubles
    39 walks
    9 hbp

It's really not too bad at all.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Hey, Angels fan here. I was just wondering how badly you guys think the Yankees would try to get rid of Arod? How much money would they chip in and/or add in prospects to sweeten the deal to get rid of him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateGM View Post
    Hey, Angels fan here. I was just wondering how badly you guys think the Yankees would try to get rid of Arod? How much money would they chip in and/or add in prospects to sweeten the deal to get rid of him?
    Don't think he's going anywhere. Frankly, what's the point of chipping in so much money just so he can play for another team. I never doubt A-rod's work ethic and Yankees know that. He also knows he needs to get better and admitted to that while he was being benches in the post season. Yankee for life in my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Arod career postseason :

274 at bats
    .263 avg
    .369 on base%
    13 hr
    41 RBI
    16 doubles
    39 walks
    9 hbp

It's really not too bad at all.
    Nope. He's just had some really bad individual series that people tend to remember more than the whole picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    A down year or 2???????

Yuck!
    As much as people crucify Brian he still will shell out money for good players to help keep the team in the playoffs. Of course he gets his budget from Hal these days so the offered checks will be smaller with less years but I would rather put the profits back into the organization. A team that makes billions in gross $$$$$ should never go 79-83 unless injury cripples the team. And to use 2014 for the reason is another complete joke....how much does this team make with net profit? And what is the tax bill for going over $189 million?
    It's so much more then just a tax bill.

It also affects the kind of money the Yankees can spend on IFA.

Guys like Cano were an IFA.

So if they don't get under 189, they won't be able to sign as many IFA. Which is where a lot of talent actually comes from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post

So if they don't get under 189, they won't be able to sign as many IFA. Which is where a lot of talent actually comes from.
    It's not about reducing payroll. It's about how they are going about it. It's pretty pathetic when a team has to swear off anyone on a multi year contract. What are they just going to wait out the next 6 years til A-Rod and Tex are gone? I knew Cashman was going to have a tough time this offseason with a team full of aging players and an owner who wants to significantly reduce payroll. He's going to have to get pretty creative and has a chance to prove a lot of people wrong about the kind of GM he is. He's obviously got time but by the look of things, its't not looking good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    It's not about reducing payroll. It's about how they are going about it. It's pretty pathetic when a team has to swear off anyone on a multi year contract. What are they just going to wait out the next 6 years til A-Rod and Tex are gone? I knew Cashman was going to have a tough time this offseason with a team full of aging players and an owner who wants to significantly reduce payroll. He's going to have to get pretty creative and has a chance to prove a lot of people wrong about the kind of GM he is. He's obviously got time but by the look of things, its't not looking good.
    I think Cashman has done an awesome job the last 3 years without spending much at all on any multi year deals.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I have no Idea what they are going to do.

But most people fail to realize that, they have to do this 189 thing every 5 years to reset the tax.

So people think they are going to splurge hard after 2013, I don't see it happening anymore.

Because then they are going to be in the same situation again in 2018.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I think Cashman has done an awesome job the last 3 years without spending much at all on any multi year deals.
    He certainly has, without question. And I'm not the type of person who thinks that everyone needs a 20 million dollar salary to be good. But he has a serious problem right now, and it's yet to be seen whether or not he can solve it.

vCash
    He certainly has, without question. And I'm not the type of person who thinks that everyone needs a 20 million dollar salary to be good. But he has a serious problem right now, and it's yet to be seen whether or not he can solve it.
    Word.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash

Smile

I have no Idea what they are going to do.

But most people fail to realize that, they have to do this 189 thing every 5 years to reset the tax.

So people think they are going to splurge hard after 2013, I don't see it happening anymore.

Because then they are going to be in the same situation again in 2018.
    Yes, but the salary cap will be > $200 million and A-hole Selig will not be commissioner to screw the Yankees again.

vCash

Is this right? I thought that overspending in the draft is the only thing that can affect international spending. Keep trying to find the rules on this but can't really find it anywhere.

Anyway, I have no idea how the team plans to stay under the 189M and field a competitive team in 2014. I also imagine if they don't field a competitive team in 2014 that they will lose a lot more money in ticket sales and all that stuff than the tax hit they'd have to endure. It just seems like they may be trying to save a dime but in result lose a lot more. All depends on how creative Cashman gets I guess.

Like I've said before, I have no problem with the team lowering payroll if they can still field a competitive team. But doing it as quick and the way the Yankees are doing it isn't easy at all. All the one year deals are fine for 2013 but what does it do for 2014? We will be in the same situation next offseason, except we won't be able to overpay guys on 1 year deals.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667