Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    $16-17 million?

How about $22 million +

The guy is the ONE of best hitters in the AL when 100% healthy.....I do not care about Miggy...

He would tear up new Yankee Stadium for 81 games, he would just abuse the bleachers and Damon's Deck.
    Yeah but being 100% healthy just never seems to happen consistently with the guy.

vCash
    Check out MLB Network right now, they have the 2009 WorldSeries highlights of each game for the next 2 hours with the players comments during the highlights....good memories here! Check it out!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-24-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Yeah but being 100% healthy just never seems to happen consistently with the guy.
    True...but intriguing.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Just read a post from Yankee Clipper...18,954 post! Are you the team all time leader?
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-24-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Just read a post from Yankee Clipper...18,954 post! Are yu the am all time leader?
    Not even close

vCash
    They are going thru Game2 right now....Forgot about AJ...And Teix homerun! Too bad AJ could not continue those type of games....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-24-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Yankees have "renewed interest" in Utility Infielder Jeff Keppinger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    First reported by Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports.

The Yankees could use Arod more so at DH in the coming seasons and Keppinger hit .325 last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    I would love to have Keppinger. Great utility guy that can play third well and give A-Rod more days at DH.

vCash
    Who knows what Michael Pineda is? He had one half of a good season with the Mariners and now he’s coming off shoulder surgery.

But he’s only going to be 24 in January and the 6-foot-7 righty did come with a price tag of Jesus Montero. It would be nice if he turned out to be something sooner or later in the Yankees’ rotation and lived up to the potential he originally showed.

Pineda went 9-10 with a 3.74 ERA in 2011, but he was just 1-4 with a 5.12 ERA after the All-Star break that year. Then came the trade, the labrum tear and the operation May 1, forcing him to miss the entire season.

Here’s what we heard the other day about his comeback:

He came to town within the last two weeks for a routine follow-up with Dr. Chris Ahmad, the Yankees’ physician, and Dr. David Altchek, the Mets’ physician who operated on Pineda. He threw at Yankee Stadium on flat ground, his program for about two months.

“He looked good,” Brian Cashman said. “He’s throwing on flat ground at 90 feet, so I don’t want to get …

“All I can report is his arm was working very well, very healthy, very loose. He had zip on it. He’s in great physical shape in terms of body weight.

“He’s not going to be a choice in game action until probably sometime in May or June. Whether it’s majors or minors, who’s to say? We’ve got him to the side. … We certainly have high hopes for him, but in terms of planning and counting on him, it’s in everybody’s interest not to do that right now and just put together as deep and strong a staff as possible and be pleasantly surprised and appreciative if we can welcome him back to the fold at some point.

“But that’s all for another day. He’s got a lot more hurdles in the rehab process to clear.”
    Yankees LoHud

vCash
    Won't see him no more...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that Mike Napoli is meeting with the Red Sox this weekend.

Napoli has received interest from three teams, including the Red Sox. Jim Duquette of Sirius/XM reported Saturday that he's already met with the Mariners and is scheduled to visit with the Rangers sometime next week. Coming off a down season, Napoli is still holding out for a four-year contract. He wasn't given a qualifying offer and won't be linked to draft pick compensation.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Keppinger would be great in my opinion.

Also, can we un-pin the trade thread now? The off-season thread should be used to discuss rumors as well. I hate going in and out of both threads that talk about the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Keppinger would be great in my opinion.

Also, can we un-pin the trade thread now? The off-season thread should be used to discuss rumors as well. I hate going in and out of both threads that talk about the same thing.
    While some discussions cross paths in both threads, I thought it would be easier to have both so that those looking for trade rumors could go directly to that thread and this one can be used for general banter.

vCash
    What will this team look like in 5 years?

As soon as Jeter, Pettitte and Mo hang them up I feel Hal will not care anymore about winning.....George would have fired Girardi after failing in 2010....He doesn't seem to want to improve the team.

There is no emotion from this guy...The complete opposite of his old man. Was the mailman his father? He sure looks like his old man but doesn't have the fire in his belly like his old man. Maybe he is just waiting to get to 2014....I guess we have to give him a chance.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-24-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Nick(mush)