Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Soria should be a must.. He was a top 5 closer for years in KC and if he plays under Mo for a year he could easily step into that role for us. We need to lock him up for 2-3 years on the cheap and take the gamble.. Plus he said he WANTS to be here.. WIN!

With Kuroda back in the fold and Pettite most likely returning We got an Ace, a 2, a 3 and Hughes and Nova (with Phelps as insurance) to hold out until Pineda returns. I bet if we knew we had anything with Pineda we would be offering up Nova or Hughes to teams.
    However, we thought we had a ton of arms last year and how did that workout?
    To be fair i've always felt Nova was overrated and should have been moved after the year they were calling him a #2 (right). Is Hughes a FA next year?

The Infield mostly seems set for now, old and unpopular as it is, Teix, Cano, Jeter and Arod across the diamond. I say HELL NO to signing Martin for a 3 year deal for a bunch of money. Go get A. J. Pierzynski (Left Handed) or find a stop gap instead for a year. we got a couple kid catchers why do we NEED to give a guy who can't hit water in a canoe to a multi-year deal.

The outfield is big question mark. We got Granderson and Gardner and that is it. I would like to see a nice bold move here. Maybe flip one of those SPs (Nova or Hughes) for a bat and than deal off Granderson? At least that would ensure that I don't have to endure hearing about how the Yankees dealt Jackson to the Tigers to get Granderson 300 times in the Fox playoff broadcasts. And yes I know it isn't the Yankee way to deal a monster bat, but we are not exactly playing by the old Boss rules anymore.

Choo is left handed and rumored available, lets go for him. I really liked Swisher, but he sure wore out his welcome (Maybe it isn't the best idea to smile after striking out in NY). Hell if we could pull off a deal for Choo and just sign Ichro for LF I'd be plenty happy with keeping Granderson for one last year. I know that means no slot for Gardner, but frankly I don't much care for him seems like a glorified 4th OF to me.

As for the DH it seems likely that Ibanez will be back and they will find a nice platoon partner for DH (Hariston?). However, to be honest I'd rather see us sign Kevin Youkilis use him at DH, 1st and 3rd which would allow us to give Arod rest at 3rd and Teix rest at 1st.. etc..

However, with all this talk of no multi year deals.. Aj, Youk and even Martin won't happen.. hate when this is done.. but can't resist..

Pipe dream line up 2013

Jeter (SS)
    Youk (3B/DH)
    Cano (2B)
    Teix (1B)
    Arod (3B/DH)
    Grandy (CF)
    Choo (RF)
    A. J. Pierzynski (C)
    Ichiro (LF)
    I agree Soria should absolutely be a top priority, Their is no guarantee that Mo is going to show up after being out for a yr and be the GOAT again or that his arm is going to hold up for the entire yr and i don't trust any of our in house options as back ups. D Rob is an excellent set up guy but struggled badly last yr when he was given the chance to close. Theirs just something way different about getting outs in the 9th inning. He puts himself in alot of sticky situations and gets out of them most of the time but that not exactly what u want out of your closer. Aardsma while a good closer in Seattle never pitched in a meaningful game and who knows how he would handle the pressure. I don't trust Joba in that role either, he has the stuff but always seems to give up that one big hit. I'd rather see him stetched out to be our long man next yr.
    The Yanks wanted Soria badly a couple yrs ago and got pretty deap into talks with KC for him until the wanted Montero. He knows how to close games, wants to come here and learn from Mo and should be fairly cheap. To me its a no brainer.

Martin hit like crap the 1st half of the yr but got better as the yr went on. He suffer from an incredibly low BAIBIP, he has good power, is an excellent defensive catcher and the pitchers love throwing to him. Even if its just to keep Kuroda comfortable i'd way rather have him back than the other options out their and hopefully he can mentor Romine. I don't like the idea of a 3 yr deal and hopefully they could work it into a 2 yr deal. Plus Cashman loves him so i doubt they let him get away.

As far as RF i wouldn't mind Choo but the cost in prospects would determine that decsion for me. I kinda like the idea of the rumored Willinham, Span and Morneau deal. If it cost us one of Hughes, Nova or Phelps Gardner and some non top 5 specs i'd be very interested. Span could replace Gardner, Willingham wouldn't be a bad replacement for Swisher and a healthy Morneau could rake in YS and he's only got 1 yr left on his deal. IMO those 3 could give us an offense boast that we need.

1 thing i would like to be settled this winter is Cano. He got an ton of value and is our best player buy far but theirs no way in hell i give him a 10 yr 200m deal. Very few middle infeilders age well and i don't want to have another Arod type deal on the books. We could get a massive prospect haul for him now rather than a draft pick for him next yr and Adams while not in Cano's league could be an above average 2nd baseman for us next yr.

I don't think anything is going to be easy for Cashman to pull off this winter but with some shrewed moves and some luck hopefully we could give Mo, Andy and Jeter a legit chance to win 1 more WS together

As far as starters if we were to move one i would rather see them move Hughes than Nova. Hughes had a decsent yr last yr, is still young and a FA at the end of the yr. Nova had a tough yr last yr but it was only his 2nd yr starting, most young pitchers struggle their 2nd yr when theirs better scouting reports and the league figures them out more. I never thought Nova was a #2 but when he's right the kid has very good stuff, doesn't get rattled on the mound and is cheap. I have high hopes that Pineda comes back strong in the middle of next yr but i'm not going to count on anything. I don't know why but i like Phelps alot, he'll never be a front of a rotation guy but i see something in him that he could be a solid back of the rotation guy for us and he's cheap.

I thinks Soria;s a no brainer and Martin is the best option out their other than that it will be very interesting to see what our team looks like on opening day. I just hope we don't have to trade any of Sanchez, William, Austin, Banuelos or Depaula and i'd really like to hold on to Heathcott. Sooner or later the age of our team is going to catch up with us and i really believe that their are at least 3-4 very good big league players in that group and it would be a mistake to trade them now when were going to desperately need them in a couple yr
    Last edited by dayners81; 11-21-2012 at 02:14 AM.

vCash
    My Offseason Wishlist

() Bring Back Mariano Rivera
    () Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda
    () Pick up Robinson Cano's Option
    () Pick up Curtis Granderson's Option
    () Re-Sign Russell Martin
    () Let Nick Swisher and Rafael Soriano walk
    () Re-Sign Ichiro Suzuki or Raul Ibanez
    () Re-Sign Andy Pettitte
    () Sign Joakim Soria via Free Agency
    () Sign Scott Hairston as a RH platoon bat
    () Hold onto our prospects, accumulate draft picks

vCash
    i tell ya , every year my hatred for the boston d%$k sox gets more and more, they are a classless organization and their fans are f^%kin jerk offs as well. Every f&^kin guy we have interest in they all of a sudden have a need for the same guy........... I:e: Hiroki kuroda and now swish........... But im thankin those sc%$bags if they nab swish , dont like that bi%$h anyways. And also steven drew now !!!!!!!!!! Just stay in the celler u chowder f%$ks ......................................

vCash
    Drummer!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC DRUMMER View Post
    i tell ya , every year my hatred for the boston d%$k sox gets more and more, they are a classless organization and their fans are f^%kin jerk offs as well. Every f&^kin guy we have interest in they all of a sudden have a need for the same guy........... I:e: Hiroki kuroda and now swish........... But im thankin those sc%$bags if they nab swish , dont like that bi%$h anyways. And also steven drew now !!!!!!!!!! Just stay in the celler u chowder f%$ks ......................................
    What the hell are you complaining about. Kuroda is a damn fine pitcher that any team hoping to contend would want. The Sox are classless for wanting him? Does that make the Angels and Dodgers classless as well? And Swisher is the best OFer on the market that's not Josh Hamilton. And some teams might prefer him to Hamilton, simply due to his ability to stay healthy. So same deal. Plenty of teams are going to want him. And since you don't want him, who cares if he goes to the Sox?

vCash
    Some interesting ideas I've read elsewhere :

1- Go all out on an overpay for one year. CC. Kuroda. Andy. Haren. Then set up for CC Hughes Pineda nova phelps Marshall etc for 2014.

Or

2- Package Grandy and Nova for a haul of decent prospects.

Or

3- Package Hughes and Joba since they are FA next year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Leo go to NYK forum we need you

trade offers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rylinkus View Post
    what the hell are you complaining about. Kuroda is a damn fine pitcher that any team hoping to contend would want. The sox are classless for wanting him? Does that make the angels and dodgers classless as well? And swisher is the best ofer on the market that's not josh hamilton. And some teams might prefer him to hamilton, simply due to his ability to stay healthy. So same deal. Plenty of teams are going to want him. And since you don't want him, who cares if he goes to the sox?
    swisher ****in sux my friend, useless as you in the post season,and i dont give a rats a#@ where the **** he goes, its the point that the cu&t sox just target whoeva the f^%k we do........................ And im not complaining , my life doesnt revolve around how the yanks run or ruin their team. I'll leave that to the minny georges, who by the way suck as well , i just want a competitive team on the field and not a bunch of old fux who need a chiropractor after every at bat, and not a bunch a guys who think that strike outs are a good thing. I guess the moral of this story is i hate f^%kin boston period......................... Why could'nt hurricane sandy plop her windy f^%kin twot over boston and blow that s%$thole off the map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"happy thanksgiving"..........................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    Leo go to NYK forum we need you

trade offers?
    Too strict and serious over there.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    The RedSox are the favorites to land Swisher..not good or the Yanks...
    Nick

vCash
    swisher ****in sux my friend, useless as you in the post season,and i dont give a rats a#@ where the **** he goes, its the point that the cu&t sox just target whoeva the f^%k we do........................ And im not complaining , my life doesnt revolve around how the yanks run or ruin their team. I'll leave that to the minny georges, who by the way suck as well , i just want a competitive team on the field and not a bunch of old fux who need a chiropractor after every at bat, and not a bunch a guys who think that strike outs are a good thing. I guess the moral of this story is i hate f^%kin boston period......................... Why could'nt hurricane sandy plop her windy f^%kin twot over boston and blow that s%$thole off the map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"happy thanksgiving"..........................
    I'm trying to decide what's more entertaining:

Drummer Sober Rants

Or

TY Drunk Rants
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Rupert Murdoch?

The new Yankees owner someday?
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'm trying to decide what's more entertaining:

Drummer Sober Rants

Or

TY Drunk Rants
    PICK ME, PICK ME !!!!!

vCash
    PICK ME, PICK ME !!!!!
    You are making a strong case but I'll expect a drunk TY rant during the holiday wknd!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The RedSox are the favorites to land Swisher..not good or the Yanks...
    I don't care where he goes. I just don't see how anyone thinks we replace him.

Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast