Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1005
  1. #871
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...medium=twitter

    Yankees claim Mickey Storey off waivers.

  2. #872
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    11,044
    vCash
    1500
    Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    Sources: The Yankees have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with Hiroki Kuroda.


    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

  3. #873
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    11,044
    vCash
    1500
    Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    Signing of Kuroda is the first major hurdle crossed for the Yankees; could help their chances to re-sign Andy Pettitte.


    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

  4. #874
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    11,044
    vCash
    1500
    Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    The agreement with the Yankees and Kuroda is for $15 million, with some incentives that are worth less than $1 million.


    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

  5. #875
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,430
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks=love View Post
    Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
    Sources: The Yankees have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with Hiroki Kuroda.
    Boom

  6. #876
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Boom
    Boom!

  7. #877
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    4,322
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    They have dug themselves in a hole with past signings. But what about a trade for Upton? Makes the team younger and it would be an upgrade from swisher.
    Upton is way overated and the asking price is rediculous. I'm not sure we have the prospects to get that deal done and what we have in the farm system doesn't match up well with what AZ wants. Also he's not really an upgrade over Swisher if u look at their numbers over the last 3 yrs Swisher has been the more consistent player. If their going for an Upton i'd rather see them sign BJ. Batting average isn't great but he's a legit 30/30 threat every yr and is an absolute stud defensive OFer. If guys like Jeter, Arod and Mo mentored him he could be an absolute beast.

    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Please sign josh to a one year 30 mil deal. I'm dying to see him hit 50 hr here while being a party animal in NYC. Cult figure.
    It ll never happen but i'd love to see them sign Josh to a 1 yr deal for huge money. Their trying to get under 189 after this season not this yr. It would give our offense a huge boost and give Mo Andy and Jeter a much better shot at winning one last ring together.

    As far as catcher goes Martin is pretty much the best of the bunch available, they really don't have much of a choice but to re sign him for the next 2-3 yrs. Ideally Romine would have been ready but with back issues his future as a catcher is uncertain at best and Murphy and Sanchez are a couple yrs away.

    Good deal that they resigned Kuroda he was pretty much a must is they were going to be serious contenders next yr. Hopefully we can get Mo and Pettitte resigned very soon as well. I really hope they can get a good RFer, i know Swisher isn't really popular around here but his production is going to be tough to replace. Especially with an aging team who's best hitter are on a serious decline outside of Cano

    I would love them to sign Soria to come in and set up and learn from MO. Especially since he's come out and said he would like to play here and Mo is the one guy he would set up for. If he's healthy he would be a great and much cheaper replacement for Soriano and he was an elite closer for a long time in KC. IMo he would be a awesome insurance policy if something happens to Mo again

  8. #878
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I would love them to sign Soria to come in and set up and learn from MO. Especially since he's come out and said he would like to play here and Mo is the one guy he would set up for. If he's healthy he would be a great and much cheaper replacement for Soriano and he was an elite closer for a long time in KC. IMo he would be a awesome insurance policy if something happens to Mo again
    Dont forget we have David Aarmsda(I think I spelled it right)..for 1 more year at 500,000. He was also a decent closer. Although he only put together 2 good years in Safeco field.

  9. #879
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,430
    vCash
    1500
    Soria should be a must.. He was a top 5 closer for years in KC and if he plays under Mo for a year he could easily step into that role for us. We need to lock him up for 2-3 years on the cheap and take the gamble.. Plus he said he WANTS to be here.. WIN!

    With Kuroda back in the fold and Pettite most likely returning We got an Ace, a 2, a 3 and Hughes and Nova (with Phelps as insurance) to hold out until Pineda returns. I bet if we knew we had anything with Pineda we would be offering up Nova or Hughes to teams.
    However, we thought we had a ton of arms last year and how did that workout?
    To be fair i've always felt Nova was overrated and should have been moved after the year they were calling him a #2 (right). Is Hughes a FA next year?

    The Infield mostly seems set for now, old and unpopular as it is, Teix, Cano, Jeter and Arod across the diamond. I say HELL NO to signing Martin for a 3 year deal for a bunch of money. Go get A. J. Pierzynski (Left Handed) or find a stop gap instead for a year. we got a couple kid catchers why do we NEED to give a guy who can't hit water in a canoe to a multi-year deal.

    The outfield is big question mark. We got Granderson and Gardner and that is it. I would like to see a nice bold move here. Maybe flip one of those SPs (Nova or Hughes) for a bat and than deal off Granderson? At least that would ensure that I don't have to endure hearing about how the Yankees dealt Jackson to the Tigers to get Granderson 300 times in the Fox playoff broadcasts. And yes I know it isn't the Yankee way to deal a monster bat, but we are not exactly playing by the old Boss rules anymore.

    Choo is left handed and rumored available, lets go for him. I really liked Swisher, but he sure wore out his welcome (Maybe it isn't the best idea to smile after striking out in NY). Hell if we could pull off a deal for Choo and just sign Ichro for LF I'd be plenty happy with keeping Granderson for one last year. I know that means no slot for Gardner, but frankly I don't much care for him seems like a glorified 4th OF to me.

    As for the DH it seems likely that Ibanez will be back and they will find a nice platoon partner for DH (Hariston?). However, to be honest I'd rather see us sign Kevin Youkilis use him at DH, 1st and 3rd which would allow us to give Arod rest at 3rd and Teix rest at 1st.. etc..

    However, with all this talk of no multi year deals.. Aj, Youk and even Martin won't happen.. hate when this is done.. but can't resist..

    Pipe dream line up 2013

    Jeter (SS)
    Youk (3B/DH)
    Cano (2B)
    Teix (1B)
    Arod (3B/DH)
    Grandy (CF)
    Choo (RF)
    A. J. Pierzynski (C)
    Ichiro (LF)
    Last edited by Thump; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 PM.

  10. #880
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mentally in Hawaii
    Posts
    1,076
    vCash
    1500
    I think this winter is make it or break it to see the path if this team. Everything starts with breaking that policy about not negotiating until contract is up.

    1. Everything starts with Cano. Either sign that extension now or consider trading him. Once he goes to FA, it will be 8-10 years at too much and we watch him walk for a pick.

    2. If Cano stays, trade Granderson and Adams. They have value now so try to get what you need. Be nice to get a young outfielder in return or a SP.

    3. Bring Dickerson and Mustelier up.... Kids will need to help now to keep the $189 goal.

    4. Since we mentioned the $189 goal and reality sets in on A-Rod staying...*sigh*... Restructure his contract to lower his AAV.

    5. Make a decision on Hughes, Joba and Logan. They will become FA in 2014 so either extend them now (5yrs - 25 mil or something like that) or trade them. Again dont let them go to free agency.

    6. Roll out the welcome back mat for Itchy, Ibanez and Chavez.

    7. Tell Nova, Phelps and Warren to be ready. I would like to see that Montgomery kid in the pen.

    8. Be ready for chump change in RF on 1year flyers...Jason Bay, Marlon Bryd, Ryan Church, Rick Ankiel are examples of a warm body in RF......

  11. #881
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    I think this winter is make it or break it to see the path if this team. Everything starts with breaking that policy about not negotiating until contract is up.

    1. Everything starts with Cano. Either sign that extension now or consider trading him. Once he goes to FA, it will be 8-10 years at too much and we watch him walk for a pick.

    2. If Cano stays, trade Granderson and Adams. They have value now so try to get what you need. Be nice to get a young outfielder in return or a SP.

    3. Bring Dickerson and Mustelier up.... Kids will need to help now to keep the $189 goal.

    4. Since we mentioned the $189 goal and reality sets in on A-Rod staying...*sigh*... Restructure his contract to lower his AAV.

    5. Make a decision on Hughes, Joba and Logan. They will become FA in 2014 so either extend them now (5yrs - 25 mil or something like that) or trade them. Again dont let them go to free agency.

    6. Roll out the welcome back mat for Itchy, Ibanez and Chavez.

    7. Tell Nova, Phelps and Warren to be ready. I would like to see that Montgomery kid in the pen.

    8. Be ready for chump change in RF on 1year flyers...Jason Bay, Marlon Bryd, Ryan Church, Rick Ankiel are examples of a warm body in RF......
    Dickerson isn't a kid anymore. He's 30. He's more a 4th outfielder(defensive replacement)

    But I do like Ronnie.

  12. #882
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mentally in Hawaii
    Posts
    1,076
    vCash
    1500
    Dickerson = cheap alternative....

  13. #883
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    20,254
    vCash
    1500
    Yankees in on stephen drew. Mlbtr.

  14. #884
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Dickerson = cheap alternative....
    The average fan, they will cry and ***** and moan about that.

    Hence the Yankees won't allow Dickerson to be a full time outfielder.

    There is a reason he has spent a majority of his playing time in AAA and not the bigs.

    That's not to say I don't like him. He brings good defense, a decent arm, and speed.

    I do think he could put up decent numbers in the majors, but not enough to keep most fans happy.

  15. #885
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    bronx newyork
    Posts
    4,608
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    The average fan, they will cry and ***** and moan about that.

    Hence the Yankees won't allow Dickerson to be a full time outfielder.

    There is a reason he has spent a majority of his playing time in AAA and not the bigs.

    That's not to say I don't like him. He brings good defense, a decent arm, and speed.

    I do think he could put up decent numbers in the majors, but not enough to keep most fans happy.
    yup we have the worst fanbase in basball yankees fans whine and moan about very little thing like this team hasnt been in playoffs for 17 out 18 year.
    winning 5 chips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •