Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Martin for the next 3 years

2013: .212 17 60
    2014: .195 15 45
    2015: .155 8 33
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Pettitte is still being a pain in the *** with his decision to come back or not....If I am Cashman I give Andy 24 hours and if it not then sign Sanchez and Lohse....Look, I love Andy but holding Cashman hostage is not smart....leverage? Whatever, just make a decision so Brian can reshape this fractured roster.....

Pettitte lost $7.5 million by telling them no in Jan....so I expect $10 million to be his starting point.....Apparently the slow walking Pettitte is waiting for contract details....Brian just needs to give whatever Andy wants....He has been a great Yankee and doesn't need to be handed chump change for a contract offer....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Interesting comment I saw elsewhere...

The team should do this at every decison point: Nunez should get a chance at SS now, not when he's too old to have any trade value left. Mustelier should be brought up to see if he can cut it as backup 3B. Let's give Phelps a full year in the rotation, along with Hughes and Nova. Getting serious about developing younger talent means that some of them will fail, or not quite be ready, but it means giving them the shot. The best team of the last 50 years was the 1998 Yankees. Look at the ages of some of those players. Posada 26, Martinez 30, Knoblauch 29, Jeter 24, Brosius 31, Williams 29, Pettitte 26, Nelson and Stanton 31, Rivera 28. Now there were some older players: O'Neill, Cone, Wells were all 35. But what do we see? A ton of younger players, AND there wasn't one guy who played in 100 games with an OBP of less than .350! Not one. Jeter led that team in strikeouts with 119.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash

BIG Free Agency News

Who said the Yankees dont want to spend money? It has been reported that the Yankees have SERIOUS interest in Scott Hairston. Let down? Get use to it. Looks like these are now our Yankees from here on out.

vCash
    whats wrong with signing hairston?

vCash
    Hal is creating a ***** empire not keeping the Evil one intact
    Last edited by Stamina; 11-20-2012 at 11:18 AM.

The Good Ole Days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post

The team should do this at every decison point: Nunez should get a chance at SS now, not when he's too old to have any trade value left. Mustelier should be brought up to see if he can cut it as backup 3B. Let's give Phelps a full year in the rotation, along with Hughes and Nova. Getting serious about developing younger talent means that some of them will fail, or not quite be ready, but it means giving them the shot. The best team of the last 50 years was the 1998 Yankees. Look at the ages of some of those players. Posada 26, Martinez 30, Knoblauch 29, Jeter 24, Brosius 31, Williams 29, Pettitte 26, Nelson and Stanton 31, Rivera 28. Now there were some older players: O'Neill, Cone, Wells were all 35. But what do we see? A ton of younger players, AND there wasn't one guy who played in 100 games with an OBP of less than .350! Not one. Jeter led that team in strikeouts with 119.

Take away Cone and Wells and see if they win 114.....of course a freak year but I highly doubt average pitchers say in the ages of 27-31 could replicate Cone and Wells....Age is not bad if they produce then it all looks the same....

Just pull out Jeter's 2012 stats and then mix them all up and try to put them in order of what you think he would do at certain ages...his 2012 stats resemble what he did when he was 27....age is somewhat overrated.....production is not....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post

i don't disagree with the youth movement but IMO this is the wrong yr for it. This is just my opinion and probably not going to be a popular one. If this team is only looking to sign 1 yr deals and not upgrade whats the point of bringing back guys like MO and Pettite. I'm not sure this team as its currently constructed is a playoff team. Even if we get Kuroda, Pettitte and Mo back were still very old, injury prone and offensively not that great.

Baltimore proved they are a legit team thats young and going to get better, u can never look past the Rays and Toronto has vastly improved at least on paper. As difficult as this maybe for Yankee fans it really might be time to look to rebuild. Trade Grandy and get what u can, which should be a decsent, at least a couple top prospects. I hate this idea but i would get into full scale contract discussions with Cano this winter and try to get a reasonable deal done with him. If he and Boras won't budge off the 10 yr deal, i would look to trade him before the yr starts. The return would be huge. Take all 3 of the extra draft picks were going to get from the player we offered arbitration to and start to rebuild.

We have a large amount of talent that 1-2 yrs away at just about every position, even though most of them aren't going to pan out. Combine those players with the talent we would receive in a Grandy trade and a possible Cano trade our farm would be absolutely stacked from top to bottom.

Give guys like Nova, Phelps,Hughes, Nunez, Adams and hopefully a healthy Pineda a chance to pitch all yr. Give the young guys and the upcoming prospects a chance to see what they really are and in 2015 and 16 target young elite FA and spend like crazy. What we havenn't developed or can't find of the FA market we should have enough quality guys devloped in our farm system that we could make trades for quality players

Theirs alot of hole in that plan and not nearly as easy as i made it sound but is see no point in running out a team that is going to cost us nearly 200m that has a very good chance at missing the playoffs and without upgrades don't have a legit shot at the WS next yr. Rebuilding sucks but while we have a couple of very valuable assets to trade and their hell bent on lowering payroll IMO its better to do it sooner than later.

I would way rather see the Yanks find the players and make the upgrades to compete for a WS next yr i just have a hard time seeing it when were cutting payroll and their is very little impact talent to help next yr. I just don't see this team winning it or even the division signing scrap heap players and not upgrading the offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Who said the Yankees dont want to spend money? It has been reported that the Yankees have SERIOUS interest in Scott Hairston. Let down? Get use to it. Looks like these are now our Yankees from here on out.
    Look, Josh Hamilton is not coming to NY..now get over it!

Hairston replaces Andruw Jones....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    Hal is creating a ***** empire not keeping the Evil one intact
    Just wants to make profits.....hopefully he pulls a few pennies from those profits and puts it back into the team like his old man did....
    Last edited by Stamina; 11-20-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    I didnt say we the yanks needed to sign Hamilton. But what they do need to do is make the team better than last year. There were holes in this team that need to be filled. They need to bring in guys who hit for average. But replacing a 4th outfielder seems to be the biggest move this off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    I didnt say we the yanks needed to sign Hamilton. But what they do need to do is make the team better than last year. There were holes in this team that need to be filled. They need to bring in guys who hit for average. But replacing a 4th outfielder seems to be the biggest move this off season.
    They will probably bring back Ibanez, Ichiro, Kuroda, and Andy. That's really probably it
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    the offseason hast really started , other than the bluejays/marlins mega trade what significant move has been made?

the team has its holes because of the massive spending they did in the past without looking at the consequences it would bring down the line.

vCash
    They have dug themselves in a hole with past signings. But what about a trade for Upton? Makes the team younger and it would be an upgrade from swisher.

vCash

We are replacing Andruw Jones with him (hopefully). It's not like we are signing him with the intention of making him our full-time RF'er. Learn something please
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast