Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by craphoot View Post
    Since the Yankees will likely not be fielding a World Series caliber team for 2013, why don't they try to get under $189 million for next season instead of 2014? Would it be feasible to get under $189m if they trade Cano and Granderson and don't resign Pettitte or Kuroda? They'd also have to hope that Mo doesn't want to come back since it would be a PR nightmare to cut him.

If that would be enough to get under 189 they can work on resigning Cano in 2014 and would hopefully have some good new prospects and draft picks in the system.
    So we trade Cano and expect the team to get him to not extend him???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    At some point age takes over and he's simply in decline. I don't think trading him makes sense, but I'm not sure expecting a bounce back year makes sense either.
    Agreed.

Age may slow him down, but plenty of players have remained productive in adv age. A good example is David Ortiz. I mean do we really believe he is only 36-37? and he had a nice season last year hit .318 and had 23 homeruns even with injury and giving up on the Sox in Sept.

and I think Rodriguez is in better shape and is the better player. So I still could see a .280 25 Hr season with 100 RBIs coming from him for at least 2013..

Is that worth his 29 Million or whatever? HELL NO.. But it isn't worth giving up Cano to a team for free simply to rid ourselves of Arod.

vCash
    If we trade Cano, which I would consider, I want some young prospect that rocks.

vCash
    So we trade Cano and expect the team to get him to not extend him???
    It worked with Cliff Lee. Boras client. Likely will not sign early. It might limit the number of prospects we get back for him, but teams will trade for 1 year of Cano.

vCash
    It worked with Cliff Lee. Boras client. Likely will not sign early. It might limit the number of prospects we get back for him, but teams will trade for 1 year of Cano.
    Most teams will want a window to extend or veto the trade. Like we did with Randy johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    they shouldn't have picked up granderson's option
    Why? It does the team no good to have declined it. And there is literally no downside to picking it up.

vCash
    If we trade Cano, which I would consider, I want some young prospect that rocks.
    Also agreed. Actually I am in favor of dealing off Cano for a nice package NOW instead of waiting to hear he wants 10 years 25 million. the sooner we do it the better haul we will get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Also agreed. Actually I am in favor of dealing off Cano for a nice package NOW instead of waiting to hear he wants 10 years 25 million. the sooner we do it the better haul we will get.
    I agree. If we want to get younger, this is how. Between CoJo and Adams, (Whom I like a lot), we have options in house to replace Cano. So if we brought in some solid prospects AND save money going forward, I'm in.

vCash
    Since the Yankees will likely not be fielding a World Series caliber team for 2013, why don't they try to get under $189 million for next season instead of 2014? Would it be feasible to get under $189m if they trade Cano and Granderson and don't resign Pettitte or Kuroda? They'd also have to hope that Mo doesn't want to come back since it would be a PR nightmare to cut him.

If that would be enough to get under 189 they can work on resigning Cano in 2014 and would hopefully have some good new prospects and draft picks in the system.
    How can you judge the 2013 Yankees when the roster is still incomplete?????

Wow! You can see that far into the future?
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Cano is not getting traded....The best players that come from their own minors usually stay around no matter what the costs...Jeter, Mo, Posada....Cano?

I think they will sign him to an extension...Granderson is the one who will get traded....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Cano is not getting traded....The best players that come from their own minors usually stay around no matter what the costs...Jeter, Mo, Posada....Cano?

I think they will sign him to an extension...Granderson is the one who will get traded....
    Not always true. See: Montero.

Oh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Why? It does the team no good to have declined it. And there is literally no downside to picking it up.
    except for paying a guy 15 million for a production value that can be had for 7 or 8. not everything has to end in compensatory picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    except for paying a guy 15 million for a production value that can be had for 7 or 8. not everything has to end in compensatory picks.
    Where are we getting a 40 HR CF for 7 or 8M?

His average season as a Yankee - .247/.337/.506 36 HR 97 RBI

You are crazy if you think there is an OF out there that can we can sign for one year and 7 or 8M that would give the team those numbers.

vCash
    And why does it even matter if the team overpays for one year? They only want to give out one year deals so unless they were going to give Hamilton a 1 year/$40M deal it has no effect on the teams spending.

The team is going to have a very hard time replacing Swisher this offseason, good luck trying to replace Swisher and Granderson.

vCash
    I agree. If we want to get younger, this is how. Between CoJo and Adams, (Whom I like a lot), we have options in house to replace Cano. So if we brought in some solid prospects AND save money going forward, I'm in.
    would you be opposed to giving him a higher annual salary just less years?

Is 189 still possible with that just backload it a little?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast