Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I'm glad Miggy won the MVP. I'm not liking this entire shift in judging players worth based on these stats analyses. They are useful but not what everyone should be judged on.
    Stats are the only reason Cabrera won the MVP.

Miggy was the heart of the Tigers lineup and their offensive force.
    Trout was also an offensive force.

He was their most valuable player and of the league. Trout was good, Cabrera was MVP.
    Trout was the league MVP, He was incredible offensively while playing ELITE defense in one of the tougher positions on the field.

vCash
    Trout had the better year is the better person and the better player. All while not playing a whole month. Trout wasnt robbed but the angels won more games with trout in and won more games than the tigers

vCash
    It's all opinion. My opinion is Cabrera was MVP.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    It's all opinion. My opinion is Cabrera was MVP.
    Is it opinion or is it simply who the best player was? Because the latter can be quantified. And it is, Mike Trout.

vCash
    Triple Crown is history. History = MVP
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Most strikeouts in a season also equals history. History does not equal MVP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Most strikeouts in a season also equals history. History does not equal MVP.
    Silly boy.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    When the Coach benched you in the middle of the playoff run when you have no injuries and making 30 million a year, how can you even defend him? To say he will bounce back just fine is your assumption and hope. And your comment of its the Yankees is the reason why they are in this situation in the first place. Easy for someone to say that when they are not paying the bill.
    Laughable

Just because our coach made a bonehead call that validates something? Do you think Cano is terrible as well? His numbers were WORSE. And he should have been benched as well. Benching Arod was the worst move that Giardi could have made, he listened to fans like you who have no clue and all it did was make things worse than they were for the team.

Cano 2012 ALCS - 1 for 18 (.056), I believe this is historically bad
    Cano 2012 ALDS - 2 for 22 (.091)

Arod 2012 ALCS Post Season 1 for 9 (.111 BA)
    Arod 2012 ALDS - 2 for 16 (.125)

God these numbers for both are so ugly.. but Cano failed to even hit .100 in either series!!

Look it is not an assumption. Arod has been proven to bounce back with BIG years after down years such as this. He is a professional athlete and one of the most talented ones the game has ever seen. If you don't think he is embarrassed than your dead wrong. He is laughing stock of the league and he is a fierce competitor so this won't stand. the man has pride. Do I expect 2009 numbers no, but he won't be as bad next year. Do I expect him to be better than this year, absolutely.

Your repeated comments and ideas to trade Cano just to lose Arod are fueled by a blind dislike of this player, (one who won us a championship just a few years ago). Giving up on either player for no return after a bad stretch is just plain silly. Makes me wonder if you watch Yankees games or just Sportcenter..

vCash
    That's a scary correlation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Laughable

Just because our coach made a bonehead call that validates something? Do you think Cano is terrible as well? His numbers were WORSE. And he should have been benched as well. Benching Arod was the worst move that Giardi could have made, he listened to fans like you who have no clue and all it did was make things worse than they were for the team.

Cano 2012 ALCS - 1 for 18 (.056), I believe this is historically bad
    Cano 2012 ALDS - 2 for 22 (.091)

Arod 2012 ALCS Post Season 1 for 9 (.111 BA)
    Arod 2012 ALDS - 2 for 16 (.125)

God these numbers for both are so ugly.. but Cano failed to even hit .100 in either series!!

Look it is not an assumption. Arod has been proven to bounce back with BIG years after down years such as this. He is a professional athlete and one of the most talented ones the game has ever seen. If you don't think he is embarrassed than your dead wrong. He is laughing stock of the league and he is a fierce competitor so this won't stand. the man has pride. Do I expect 2009 numbers no, but he won't be as bad next year. Do I expect him to be better than this year, absolutely.

Your repeated comments and ideas to trade Cano just to lose Arod are fueled by a blind dislike of this player, (one who won us a championship just a few years ago). Giving up on either player for no return after a bad stretch is just plain silly. Makes me wonder if you watch Yankees games or just Sportcenter..
    At some point age takes over and he's simply in decline. I don't think trading him makes sense, but I'm not sure expecting a bounce back year makes sense either.

vCash
    I like Arod. If I could pick any player to go insane on our team with a huge year, I'd hope it was him.

Choker. Yes.
    Fake. Yes
    Handsome. Yes.
    Movie star syndrome. Yes.
    Bangs hot azz. Yes.
    Does juice. Yes.
    Single handedly won us a title. Yes.
    Most bizarre career ever. Yes.

What's not to like?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I like Arod. If I could pick any player to go insane on our team with a huge year, I'd hope it was him.

Choker. Yes.
    Fake. Yes
    Handsome. Yes.
    Movie star syndrome. Yes.
    Bangs hot azz. Yes.
    Does juice. Yes.
    Single handedly won us a title. Yes.
    Most bizarre career ever. Yes.
    Biggest penis I've ever had in my mouth. Yes, but Yankees 1903 is a close second.

What's not to like?

vCash
    Since the Yankees will likely not be fielding a World Series caliber team for 2013, why don't they try to get under $189 million for next season instead of 2014? Would it be feasible to get under $189m if they trade Cano and Granderson and don't resign Pettitte or Kuroda? They'd also have to hope that Mo doesn't want to come back since it would be a PR nightmare to cut him.

If that would be enough to get under 189 they can work on resigning Cano in 2014 and would hopefully have some good new prospects and draft picks in the system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by craphoot View Post
    Since the Yankees will likely not be fielding a World Series caliber team for 2013, why don't they try to get under $189 million for next season instead of 2014? Would it be feasible to get under $189m if they trade Cano and Granderson and don't resign Pettitte or Kuroda? They'd also have to hope that Mo doesn't want to come back since it would be a PR nightmare to cut him.

If that would be enough to get under 189 they can work on resigning Cano in 2014 and would hopefully have some good new prospects and draft picks in the system.
    I had posted a thread on this theory. I agree that they should do it now.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    they shouldn't have picked up granderson's option

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast