Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    The point is to pay as little money as they have to, collect tax money from the Yankees, etc...There is zero chance they take A-Rod. He literally makes twice as much as the Marlins current roster.

Its not like this is the first time the Marlins have done this. Its pretty easy to see why the Marlins have no fan base - they dismantle the entire team every couple years. That is gonna be one expensive empty stadium next year.
    True. I tend to forget how little the Marlins ownership cares about their team, considering how ridiculous it is.

At this point though, I wouldn't be surprised if they took A-rod, simply because he could possibly put butts in seats, and because they could handle his contract. Probably not sufficient enough reasons, but hey, this forum has dreamed about an A-rod trade for months, sue me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    The point is to pay as little money as they have to, collect tax money from the Yankees, etc...There is zero chance they take A-Rod. He literally makes twice as much as the Marlins current roster.

Its not like this is the first time the Marlins have done this. Its pretty easy to see why the Marlins have no fan base - they dismantle the entire team every couple years. That is gonna be one expensive empty stadium next year.
    If I am Bud I call a quick vote for contraction and end this piss poor organization's misery....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If I am Bud I call a quick vote for contraction and end this piss poor organization's misery....
    Could you imagine how awful that would be for Miami though? They just built the giant stadium there.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    So had the Yankees would have been able to trade Arod and Cano to Miami, we could have just waited a year to resign Cano after the Marlins dismantle after that Arod bomb.... Missed that chance.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    So had the Yankees would have been able to trade Arod and Cano to Miami, we could have just waited a year to resign Cano after the Marlins dismantle after that Arod bomb.... Missed that chance.......
    This makes no sense. At all. Miami traded all their players that were making money and got back all players that weren't. In what world does that equal them taking ARod and Cano? That is the complete opposite of what just happened here.

vCash
    Geez.... that deal they just did was a disaster. You cant tell me that it wasnt a screw it trade, so they did a salary dump. After a new stadium...after all that marketing... after trying to get Pujols....Given last year they proved that they would sign anyone to get the fans into the stadium, the ownership is illogical and irrational. So had Cashman said to them " hey we are shopping our best player and one of a young guns in a package with Arod, all we want back is..... You can have a popular latin infield and marketing would just be awesome to win back the fans since that awful Castro issue". They would have dumbly accepted and then after they fail since Arod is a joke, they would not have resigned Cano..... Yes, its a stretch but given what just happened, it is really?

vCash
    Yes, it seems like a very far stretch to expect the Marlins to have done the complete opposite of what they just did.

vCash
    Can you logilcally provide a positive in the trade they just did other than being a salary dump and worse get crap back in the process? That owner just proved he is an idiot.... In fact, you probably could have gotten Josh Johnson, Burehle and Reyes for Nova, warren, Nunez and Cervelli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Can you logilcally provide a positive in the trade they just did other than being a salary dump and worse get crap back in the process? That owner just proved he is an idiot.... In fact, you probably could have gotten Josh Johnson, Burehle and Reyes for Nova, warren, Nunez and Cervelli.

vCash
    How are we still harping on unloading Arod using Cano. First of all it is an awful idea to give away Cano, it would be the most bonehead move in the history of Yankee bonehead moves. Second OBVIOUSLY the Marlins are in fire sale mode, they are trying to get payroll as low as possible. That being said they WOULD NEVER have taken Arod period, even with Cano. They do not want high payroll since they did 30% less than expected in ticket sales last year, which was also the first year in a NEW stadium (so it will only go down). Trying to say the Marlins would do the opposite of what they just did hours ago is just plain being stupid to be stupid.

Can we get to an actual intelligent idea now and move on from this Marlins mess..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    There has to be some point to freeing up that much payroll, doesn't there? Can any team possibly be so ridiculous? I'm starting to wonder if A-rod could be dealt, considering they could handle his contract now. We'd probably get nothing out of it though.

Opinions? If the Marlins were willing to take on his whole contract, do you make the trade?
    Why would Arod want to go to a team that has zero chance of winning?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    How are we still harping on unloading Arod using Cano. First of all it is an awful idea to give away Cano, it would be the most bonehead move in the history of Yankee bonehead moves. Second OBVIOUSLY the Marlins are in fire sale mode, they are trying to get payroll as low as possible. That being said they WOULD NEVER have taken Arod period, even with Cano. They do not want high payroll since they did 30% less than expected in ticket sales last year, which was also the first year in a NEW stadium (so it will only go down). Trying to say the Marlins would do the opposite of what they just did hours ago is just plain being stupid to be stupid.

Can we get to an actual intelligent idea now and move on from this Marlins mess..

Are you telling me that if you had a chance to get Stanton straight up for Cano, you wouldnt pull the trigger? Not only is Stanton under team control until 2017 and making just 500K but also consider Cano will be making 15mil this year and is planning on a 6 to 8 yer 25 million dollar a year contract. Especially since Stanton is a stud. Hell, I would trade Cano for Trout. I know there is zero chance of that happening but really? I would in a heartbeat. Nobody is untouchable at the right price.

And all that Arod/Cano trade was before the Marlins did their dump. Now, the point is moot.

As for bonehead moves, I dont think nothing can top that resigning of Arod for that contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    Could you imagine how awful that would be for Miami though? They just built the giant stadium there.
    Baseball just does not work in Florida.....Contract the Marlins and Rays! The Rays were playing the O's in must win games and they still had problems getting 12,000 to come visit to watch the games...31,000 for a 3 game series in Sept?

The Marlins are the same..heck, look at the Bucs, they are playing exciting football, are 5-4 after losing 10 straight last season, they have an exciting new running back and yet they still cannot sell 85% of their tickets to lift the blackout..there are only 8 home games!

So if the NFL can't work in Florida how is baseball going to ever work?
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Why would Arod want to go to a team that has zero chance of winning?
    They are going to go 0-162?

I am pretty sure they have a shot at winning some games....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    They are going to go 0-162?

I am pretty sure they have a shot at winning some games....
    Do I even have to tell you what an asinine response that is?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast