Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    I only propose getting rid of Cano if at the same time you get rid of Arod. It's not like he is the only bat on the team. You still have Tex, Grandy. With out Arods contract on the books with knowledge you don't have to resign CAno, you can go find a bat for RF or 3rd.
    So after next year our bats consist of a declining Mark Teixiera...

vCash
    And Grandy.... Nunez.....Jeter..... And anyone you feel like signing (other than Hamilton). You can't tell me the Yankees would not be better off without Arod on the books even if its means not having Cano. Hell with the money saved, you can resign Swisher if your hearts desired... Which would suck but now you have a choice....

vCash
    I can definitely tell you with the utmost confidence that this team would not be better off dealing Cano to get rid of A-Rod.

vCash
    So you propose watching the Yankees go through next season with an ever more declining Arod who they will have to pay 29 million and be forced to see the Yanks give Cano a Ridiculus deal for about 25 mil annually over 6 plus years or worse watch him walk away for nothing but a draft pick?

vCash
    Yes, I'd rather see the Yankees compete next year than trade Cano and only get back salary flexibility. If we're talking about trading Cano for a bunch of prospects that can contribute in the near future its one thing (I don't think it'd be the best move but I could understand why they'd do it), trading Cano to have more salary space is completely different.

The whole gutting the roster to have salary space works out a lot better for the Red Sox since they have numerous minor league guys that are major league ready. It won't work for the Yankees.

vCash
    How is it gutting the deal i proposed gutting the roster? You only lose Arod, Cano and Nova. Adams/Puppy at second. chavez/Nix at 3rd. Still have Phelps, Warren and Mitchell. You have a chance to still get Kuroda and Andy. Adding Buerlhe to that rotation would not hurt it as much. Another lefty pitcher as well. Plus, you save a boat load of money (29 million for A-rod and 15 million for Cano). Of course you have to offset 11, 18 and 19 due to Buerlhe for 13, 14 and 15. Then you have flexibilty to go get an RF.

vCash
    Only losing Cano without getting any assets in return is gutting the roster IMO.

You are taking two of your middle of the order hitters (even if ARod shouldn't be anymore) and replacing them with bench players. That isn't a team that can compete.

vCash
    Realistically, Arod is a 7th hole hitter, a singles hitter and a decent 3rd baseman. You dont think Nix can fill that void for way...way...wayyyyyyyy less money. So really, it comes down to Trading Cano, Nova (who people wanted to trade anyway) and financial flexibilty for Buerlhe. And for those Swisher lovers, without Arod and Cano, you can now resign him...(yuck).

vCash
    wow! dumping Cano just to get rid of Arod's contract is ludicrous.

When the Yankee's signed Arod's extension they knew they could handle it,this isn't the Mets we won't go bankrupt over Alex. People need to relax and not propose the Yankees go into panic mode.

You do NOT dump Cano for that, you ONLY deal him for youth/prospects instead of signing him to a 10 year deal. You do the same thing with Granderson they should both be dealt now. Or if you find a taker for Alex or Mark you do that and give Cano a nice deal, but I would avoid anything over 6-7 years for any player no matter who it is.

vCash
    Wait, you only deal Cano for youth and prospects instead of signing him to a 10 year deal. You know he has Boras as his agent. And how does that make the team any better? I call that ludicrous cause you still have the ever declining arod and you got rid of your best bat. Yeah, thats better. My bad....

vCash
    Who are you planning on signing that will be better than arod right now for asnpathetic as he is. Don't see to many options let alone losing cano on top of that.

vCash
    Someone who can bat .265, get 13 to 15 hrs and about 60 RBIs (assuming no decrease). So.....Nunez. Oh wait, he already plays for the Yanks at less than 5% the cost of the current player.

Arod = 29 mil
    Nunez = 500k

vCash
    Puppy!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Wait, you only deal Cano for youth and prospects instead of signing him to a 10 year deal. You know he has Boras as his agent. And how does that make the team any better? I call that ludicrous cause you still have the ever declining arod and you got rid of your best bat. Yeah, thats better. My bad....
    Yes. Getting VALUE for Cano or giving him away for free to do a salary dump? Come on guy you can't know this little about baseball. WHY deal Cano away for free just to lose salary? You do realize this is the Yankees right? In 2 or 3 years we can just eat the contract and move on.

So instead we trade Cano for the team useful pieces and prospects to help the team. Not very hard to imagine getting a nice haul for Cano if dealt this season.

And again I'm not sure if you are not following but I am saying they should not sign Cano for a deal anywhere near ten years (which would be until he is 40). Why? because in 5 yeas you'll be back on here with a brilliant plan on how we need to take whoever our best young bat is at that time and deal him with Cano to lose Robbie's albatros contract.

vCash
    Someone who can bat .265, get 13 to 15 hrs and about 60 RBIs (assuming no decrease). So.....Nunez. Oh wait, he already plays for the Yanks at less than 5% the cost of the current player.

Arod = 29 mil
    Nunez = 500k
    Nunez really? The guy hit 5 Hr's in 300 abs in 2011 and 1 home run in 89 abs in 2012. yeah 89 at bats in 2012, not sure if that is enough sample size to have him (and his poor defense) replace anyone, let alone Arod. no offense but .265 with 15 hrs (if he is lucky) would be a HORRIBLE line for a corner infielder.

Alex has come back strong in past down years, I think he will be solid next year. Much more solid than some hyped up backup infielder.

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast