Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    The point was that most Yankee fans are sick of swisher, whether he has value or not.

I think he is solid and nothing more while being useless against top pitching and generally irritating.

We have enough of those guys that we can let this one go and try something new.
    It's gonna be awesome when we downgrade at positions and miss playoffs next season.

vCash
    i put this in another thread already

just something to think about if you are a fan and hate this idea of not giving out multiyear contracts out to this years free agent class. The Yankees if Soriano,Swisher,Kuroda sign else where the Yankees will have 4 picks in the 1st round of the draft. 4 more good prospects in the system with a very good chance that at least 2 of them are impact players

Yankees Offseason Wishlist

1. Trade 2 of Mccann,Beltran,Texeria,CC,Tanaka
    2. Resign Robertson
    3. Sign Andrew Miller
    4. Sign 1 of Fernandez or Shields

vCash
    just a idea but what does everyone think of this trade

To Yankees
    Ethier
    Gordan

To Dodgers
    Cano
    Nunez
    Betences

The trade would bring in the next SS for the Yankees while saving them money with Cano wanting that huge payday

2. Resign Robertson
    3. Sign Andrew Miller

vCash
    For people who cant see Arod getting traded without the Yanks eating all that money, would you have also foresee a team taking all of Crawfords awful (and longer) contract along with Beckett insufferable attitude just to get A-Gon who comes with a long term contract? I know i didnt see it. So you dont think a deal with a package of Arod, Cano, Nova and prospects cant get this done as well. Solves the 2014 issue with Arod off and a huge pending contract of Canos. I think puppy can match Arods ever declining numbers. Hell ill be happy with a platoon of Chavez/Pupp/Nix at 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    For people who cant see Arod getting traded without the Yanks eating all that money, would you have also foresee a team taking all of Crawfords awful (and longer) contract along with Beckett insufferable attitude just to get A-Gon who comes with a long term contract? I know i didnt see it. So you dont think a deal with a package of Arod, Cano, Nova and prospects cant get this done as well. Solves the 2014 issue with Arod off and a huge pending contract of Canos. I think puppy can match Arods ever declining numbers. Hell ill be happy with a platoon of Chavez/Pupp/Nix at 3rd.
    the only problem there is the Dodgers are the only place that could make that kind of deal. a deal like this would have to occur to make this work

To Yankees
    Hanley Ramirez/Andre Ethier
    Zach Lee

To Dodgers
    Robinson Cano
    Alex Rodriguez
    Ivan Nova
    Dellin Betences

2. Resign Robertson
    3. Sign Andrew Miller

vCash
    I can live with that. Also the same Yankees package to Miami for Reyes and scraps. Reyes plays second.

vCash
    Marlins love reyes

8. 11-11-2012, 01:25 AM
    Reason
    dont' be so vulgar please

vCash
    Now people want to trade our one elite hitter in Cano just to get rid of A-Rods contract? Are people trying to suggest ways to make our team worse?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    just a idea but what does everyone think of this trade

To Yankees
    Ethier
    Gordan

To Dodgers
    Cano
    Nunez
    Betences

The trade would bring in the next SS for the Yankees while saving them money with Cano wanting that huge payday
    So we get a SS of the future (who kind of sucks and might not be better than Nunez) AND we get to save on Cano's monster contract by getting rid of him (even though he is our one elite bat) AND we get to take on Ethier's monster deal (for an inferior player than who we're dealing)? Sign me up.

vCash
    I only propose getting rid of Cano if at the same time you get rid of Arod. It's not like he is the only bat on the team. You still have Tex, Grandy. With out Arods contract on the books with knowledge you don't have to resign CAno, you can go find a bat for RF or 3rd.

vCash
    I dont envy Cashman. He is facing a huge task to field a team that although can be competitive, will not satisfy the masses who want an all star at every position.

With the mandate of getting under $189 mil for 2014, knowing you have worthless Arod ( and i say worthless since his performance doesnt come close to what you are paying him), you have just 1 more year of Grandy and Cano with the stupid policy of not negotiating with players until they have all the leverage, and 1 more year control of Hughes and Joba.

Knowing that, its easy to see how Swisher is gone and why people want to trade Cano now. His value is high and knowing he will demand a large contract. Unless you can backload the contract and make the 2014 hit low ( which i dont know its the yearly amt of average), i dont see it.

The key is Arod. Package him now with Cano, Hughes or Nunez and Dellin B. Bite the bullet now so you have flexibilty moving forward. And deal him straight up without eating salary.

Why would teams consider? They would get one of the leagues best second baseman and possibly a 26 yr old pitcher who may be better going to a NL club (see Ian Kennedy). Maybe they can think they can rehab A-rod.

vCash
    Nothing complicated -

I just hope we trade Granderson, we aren't going to resign him because of the 2014 tax. Rangers could be suitors while replacing Hamilton.

Profar for Granderson

Olt and Perez for Granderson

I'm overvaluing Granderson aren't I?

... yeah god damnit lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Nothing complicated -

I just hope we trade Granderson, we aren't going to resign him because of the 2014 tax. Rangers could be suitors while replacing Hamilton.

Profar for Granderson

Olt and Perez for Granderson

I'm overvaluing Granderson aren't I?

... yeah god damnit lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It's gonna be awesome when we downgrade at positions and miss playoffs next season.
    Have no fear. The Yankees aren't as dumb as the people making these stupid proposals.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Also, there needs to be a way to get Nunie's bat in there. He's got 40+ sb potential and he can rake.

As a regular I could easily see him hitting 300 with 20+ hr and 40+ sb ... he just can't field. He's got a cannon for an arm though. If he can just learn the OF and be suitable... oh man.

So the Yankees traded Eduardo Nunez to Cuba, because he's the only one who can overthrow Castro.

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast