Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    The only way I can see Swisher back (which I hope not) if is there was a deal involving A-rod....or Granderson.
    would be good to see either Arod or Granderson moved for prospects but it won't happen

vCash
    I still want someone to explain to me how moving ARod helps this team. We eat most of his salary, get a minor prospect in return, and then need to go find a 3rd baseman.... So we don't really save money. And probably don't upgrade @ 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    swisher isnt this teams problem, you guys sound dumb
    He isnt the solution either. He's a black hole in our lineup every postseason. He needs to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    He isnt the solution either. He's a black hole in our lineup every postseason. He needs to go.
    And our second best offensive player during the season. We might not make the playoffs without him, at which point, playoff #s do not matter.

vCash
    First if Arod was moved in a deal where the Yankees wouldn't have his contract on their payroll it would open up so many options. As for this Swisher argument that everyone has had here for a month this is what you need to look at

Pros for keeping Swisher
    1. great clubhouse guy
    2. pencil in 25 hrs 80-90 RBIs each year
    3. fan favorite
    4. can play OF & 1B
    5. can bat him anywhere in the lineup except leadoff
    6. has a cannon for a arm

cons
    1. at times is horrible on defense
    2. sucks in postseason so far

6-2 the way i see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    And our second best offensive player during the season. We might not make the playoffs without him, at which point, playoff #s do not matter.
    There isnt an argument out there that will make me want him back. We'll have to agree to disagree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    First if Arod was moved in a deal where the Yankees wouldn't have his contract on their payroll it would open up so many options. As for this Swisher argument that everyone has had here for a month this is what you need to look at

Pros for keeping Swisher
    1. great clubhouse guy
    3. fan favorite4. can play OF & 1B

cons

6-2 the way i see it
    I dont think thats the case anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post

Pros for keeping Swisher
    1. great clubhouse guy
    3. fan favorite
    4. can play OF & 1B

cons

6-2 the way i see it
    Well that ain,t happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Well that ain,t happening
    everyone knows that except maybe the Dodgers . that post was more for defending Swisher than Arod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    There isnt an argument out there that will make me want him back. We'll have to agree to disagree.
    Win.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash
    FYI. If we unload Arod and pay his freight, it stays on our cap number, so there is zero benefit. Just like AJ is on our cap until the end of 13.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

vCash
    Swisher fan comments from espn forum:

MandalayVA
    Humongous attention w***e who got four years on the biggest stage in baseball. Loved it when everything was going his way, cried when it didn't. Found his minor actress wife who's just as big an attention w***e and is now quiet since he won't be a Yankee for much longer (and probably won't be his wife for much longer either). Will have the biggest dropoff of Twitter fans ever when he goes to Boston.
    5 Hours Ago

cuso1323
    I could never stand his act. Worse, my stomach turned every time I heard a naive fan that actually DID fall for his act wax poetic about his great "clubhouse presence" - as if they actually knew. (Puke)

Let him go get his money. Fine. Maybe he'll end up outperforming. Oh well. I'll take him going somewhere else and increasing his production so I don't have to watch his dumb$@% histrionics every time he takes a BP fastball right down the middle for strike 2 and swings at a 55-footer for strike 3.
    5 Hours Ago

Deraq18
    Hes a piece of garbage pussbag who cried when the fans FINALLY realized he was nothing but dead weight in the playoffs and Boo'ed him. GOOD BYE! Hope he plays in the AL so he gets BOO'ed again when he comes back. Little puss
    1 fan likes this.
    November 10 2012, 2:49 PM

Yanks716
    I'll remember him being nothing but a liability in the outfield and never producing at the plate in the playoffs. Good Riddance Get the hell Out
    1 fan likes this.
    November 10 2012, 2:48 PM

robng88
    Decent numbers but slumps at the wrong time. He was right though - he did pull an ARod in the playoffs - disappeared once again.

Ichiro will take his spot. I expect Granderson to be traded.
    November 10 2012, 6:44 AM

necgrims15
    Pretty simple,Swish is a guy along for the ride in NYC,who could give you a little better than avg numbers in the regular season all while playing it up with fans. Who now thinks he was the main cog in the wheel and should be paid like all other superstars!! So long pal,everyone will see how invaluable you really were and how easily replaced your numbers are,hell my 3 yr old niece could match your october stats!!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    So people on the ESPN forums are morons? Is that the point?

He's the best RF option available. And he's solid in the field, despite people claiming he isn't. Again, looks like fans being idiots. Nothing new.....

vCash
    So people on the ESPN forums are morons? Is that the point?

He's the best RF option available. And he's solid in the field, despite people claiming he isn't. Again, looks like fans being idiots. Nothing new.....

vCash
    The point was that most Yankee fans are sick of swisher, whether he has value or not.

I think he is solid and nothing more while being useless against top pitching and generally irritating.

We have enough of those guys that we can let this one go and try something new.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast