Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I love the post that say things like trade for Mat Kemp or Adam Jones. Do you really think we can just pick up the phone and pluck a team's superstar out of their hands? Sheesh. Come on be realistic, this is not fantasy baseball.

vCash
    Matty!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Rotoworld - Joel Sherman of the New York Post hears that Robinson Cano "thinks he has taken a discount once to sign long term with the Yankees and will not do so again."

It's a fair assessment, as Cano will have wound up making $57 million over six years after his $15 million option for 2013 was picked up. Cano's agent, Scott Boras, has spoken to both Yankees president Randy Levine and general manager Brian Cashman about an extension for his client, but his "strong inclination," according to Sherman, is that Cano will play his final year out before serious discussions will be had. Cano reportedly is seeking a deal in the range of 10 years and $200 million.

Boras Client.. Sucked in the post season.. Think Yankees think..

Trade him.. who needs anyone with a ten year deal..

vCash
    Cano has been in the top 5 MVP race year in year out, what other Yankee can say this? How could we ever replace those numbers and his defense?

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Same could have been said for Arod when he signed his long term deal. The Yankeers need to learn from the past and trade Cano while his value is high for multiple pieces and youth.

Currently the Yankees have 3 players topping 20 Million in salary this year and multiple more in the teens. We do not need another 20+ million dollar noose around our neck and MOST CERTAINLY not for 10 years. He simply will not perform to that level for that length of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Same could have been said for Arod when he signed his long term deal. The Yankeers need to learn from the past and trade Cano while his value is high for multiple pieces and youth.

Currently the Yankees have 3 players topping 20 Million in salary this year and multiple more in the teens. We do not need another 20+ million dollar noose around our neck and MOST CERTAINLY not for 10 years. He simply will not perform to that level for that length of time.

honestly that would be a smart move to do but the Yankees won't do it. It would be smart to offer both Cano and Arod to the Dodgers for young pieces but with the responsibility to put a winning ball club out there each year they won't trade Cano

Yankees Offseason Wishlist

1. Trade 2 of Mccann,Beltran,Texeria,CC,Tanaka
    2. Resign Robertson
    3. Sign Andrew Miller
    4. Sign 1 of Fernandez or Shields

vCash
    Yankees GM Brian Cashman doesn't expect Hiroki Kuroda to accept qualifying offer. Heyman tweet.

Uh oh.

Oh well......make that three draft picks!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Yankees GM Brian Cashman doesn't expect Hiroki Kuroda to accept qualifying offer. Heyman tweet.

Uh oh.

Oh well......make that three draft picks!
    Only if they sign with other teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Only if they sign with other teams.
    Well, who the fk else are they gonna sign with? My softball team? Jeez.

Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Well, who the fk else are they gonna sign with? My softball team? Jeez.

Well.

Swisher- Mariners, Dodgers, Red Sox, I forgot the other teams.

Soriano- Haven't really seen any teams linked too him yet. But I imagine Detroit is one of them.

Kuroda- Dodgers, Red Sox. I forgot the other teams.

But yankees are linked to trying to re-sign all three. So we shall see

vCash
    Hiro and swish do accept

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Hiro and swish do not accept

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    I hope swisher comes back, at a reasonable offer.

If not, um..Yeah not many solid options.

Swisher is one of three corner outfielders from 2009-2012 with 100 HR, 320 RBI, 320 RUNS, 550 games. The other two, Ryan Braun and Matt Holliday.

Yeah I know swisher doesn't produce extremely well in the playoff's, but he's the best FA outfielder that, in my opinion, give us the best chance of making it into the playoff's.

If he signs else where it's going to be very interesting and hard too see how the Yankees can get his production numbers. If he does sign else where he will be missed. So for all the swisher "haters" out there..just remember that.

vCash
    I'll be pissed if arods money and ludacrious contract get in the way of signing cano to a long term contract. You don't let players like that just walk away from your ball club cuz there is no one better than cano at second base. One postseason won't let me forget about how sweet his swing is and how dynamic of a player he can be.

vCash
    Brian Cashman has left the Hyatt Regency here in Indian Wells

“We’re not on the verge of signing anyone,” Cashman said. “At least, I don’t get the feeling from my conversations that anybody on the other side of the fence is ready to jump in on whatever I’ve discussed yet. It’s just early in the process. And I certainly hope no one is going to steal whatever I want.”

It’s more or less as expected this early in the offseason. Cashman said he’s had conversations with other GMs about trades, but there’s nothing brewing.

“Are there opportunities that we could do? Yes, definitely,” Cashman said. “But the ones presented currently, I wouldn’t recommend.”

Is it simply too early to get something done?

“I’m sure individually there might be people that are gaining momentum in their discussions,” Cashman said. “I’m not.”

A few small notes…

• The Yankees top prospects are all in the lower levels of the system, which isn’t a great situation for trade talks and Cashman said he’s not currently discussing any trades that involve any of those Mason Williams, Slade Heathcott, Gary Sanchez types. “Those guys would have interest, without a doubt, with any organization,” Cashman said. “But I’m not in dialogue regarding any of those high-end guys.”

• Cashman said he’s not surprised that none of his qualifying offers are likely to be accepted. “You never know,” he said. “You don’t know how discussions are. Our estimation was that the market would probably dictate a no.”
    Yankees LoHud

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast