Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ns-option.html

Haren's option was declined we be a great pickup if the Yankees can sign him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ns-option.html

Haren's option was declined we be a great pickup if the Yankees can sign him
    Yankees won't be looking to give him a long term deal. Pretty unlikely he ends up here now. A trade would have been there best bet to get him.

vCash
    Via Chad Jennings: The Yankees intend to keep 2011 Rule 5 Draft pick Cesar Cabral on the 40-man roster this winter and give him another look in Spring Training. The left-hander impressed in camp this year, but he fractured his elbow in late-March and missed the entire season.

Because he spent the year on the DL, the 23-year-old Cabral will still be subject to the Rule 5 rules next year, meaning he’ll have to break camp with the big league team and stay on the 25-man active roster. However, Jennings says he would not need to stay there all year and could be optioned to Triple-A at some point. That’s news to me. Cabral had a legitimate chance to beat out Clay Rapada for the second left reliever’s job this spring, but the injury took him out of the running. It’ll be interesting to see how he does next year and how that factors into the club’s decision about his future.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/11/yan...fseason-78641/

vCash
    The Dodgers would love to reunite with free agent Hiroki Kuroda. The hurler could have more suitors than any other pitcher this winter if the Yankees don't tie him up quickly.

Ugh.

vCash
    Nunez, phelps, nova, warren, specs to Cleveland for asdrubal and Choo.

Jeter
    Asdrubal
    Cano
    Tex
    Choo
    Arod
    Grandy
    Martin
    Gardner

vCash
    The Yankees didn't win it all in 2012 but I'm excited for the changes this team will make in the Offseason.

7. 11-04-2012, 05:40 PM
    Reason
    Stop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Nunez, phelps, nova, warren, specs to Cleveland for asdrubal and Choo.

Jeter
    Asdrubal
    Cano
    Tex
    Choo
    Arod
    Grandy
    Martin
    Gardner
    Sounds good to me!, I like this trade. What about trading grandy and then trading for a true RF with a better avg, & OBP

vCash
    the yankees arent going to trade for a SS, I have no idea what people here are thinking

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...se-ethier.html

if no Martin then Ross is being targeted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...se-ethier.html

if no Martin then Ross is being targeted?
    I perceived it as both Martin and Ross.

vCash
    Last edited by Pootamis91; 11-05-2012 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Over his past four active years, Joakim Soria averaged nearly 36 saves, building a reputation as one of the finest young closers in the game. In the past, the Yankees have asked the Royals about Soria in trade discussions. Now, following a season off after Tommy John elbow surgery, Soria is a free agent.

Soria, just 28, would like to close, but he would be willing to go to the Yankees to learn from his idol Mariano Rivera.

Peter G. Aiken/US Presswire

Joakim Soria

"If the Yankees call, we will be all ears," Soria's agent, Oscar Suarez, said by phone Monday. "If there is a fit, Joakim would be elated to work with Mo. He would close everywhere except there."

Suarez said Yankees GM Brian Cashman has yet to inquire. Eight other clubs, all contending teams, have already contacted Suarez about Soria. Soria could also return to Kansas City, which declined his $8 million option for next season, allowing him to become a free agent.

Suarez said that Soria will be ready for spring training, but probably won't be able to pitch in major league games until May of next season. Other reports have tabbed June as a more likely date.

Rivera has always had a high opinion of Soria and would likely love the opportunity to tutor him for a year. With Rafael Soriano expected to leave, Soria could step in to combine with David Robertson, Joba Chamberlain, etc., to form a bridge to Rivera.

Then the Yankees could decide who should replace Rivera, if he does retire after next season.

At one point during his past contract, Soria had the Yankees on his no-trade list, but that was because of strategic reasons, not because he did not want to play in the Bronx.

As for the timetable, Cashman, if interested, may want to contact Suarez soon. Suarez said he is not opposed to doing a deal quickly if the right opportunity comes along.

"Joakim is not a greedy individual," Suarez said. "He wants to win so if it is (the) right situation he is probably not going to be a guy to wait until February. If he goes back to Kansas City, he loves the people and he will be part of the rebuilding process."

As for Soria's health, Suarez said, "He's going to be fine. It is not like we are dealing with a guy who is 38. He is 28."

The Yankees are dealing with a closer who is about to turn 43. So Soria could be good insurance for now and the future. Now, it is up to Cashman to call.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...or-the-yankees

vCash
    Although I would like to get Soria, inside I am hoping Joba could be the next closer for the Yankees. I think I will go say the Rosary to get this done.

vCash
    Yankees claim relievers Josh Spence and David Herndon.

vCash
    First small nugget of Yankees news from somewhere in this hotel lobby comes from Joel Sherman, who says Andy Pettitte is now represented by agent Casey Close — that’s Derek Jeter’s agent — and Pettitte is still undecided about whether to play next season. The sense I’ve gotten, and apparently the sense Sherman’s gotten, is that there’s still a basic belief Pettitte will eventually decide to come back for one more year.

Tomorrow will mark three weeks since the Yankees were eliminated from the postseason. Pettitte said then that he’d like to take roughly a month to make his decision and not let this drag out like it did when he retired in 2010 or when he was trying to decide whether to come back last winter.
    Yankees LoHud

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast