Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    And so it begins:

No surprises here, but the Players Association has announced its full list of 137 players who filed for free agency this morning. They become eligible to negotiate with any team at 12:01 am ET on Saturday. For now, there is an exclusive negotiating window with each free agent’s former team. These are the 12 Yankees who filed.

Eric Chavez
    Pedro Feliciano
    Freddy Garcia
    Raul Ibanez
    Andruw Jones
    Hiroki Kuroda
    Derek Lowe
    Russell Martin
    Andy Pettitte
    Mariano Rivera
    Ichiro Suzuki
    Nick Swisher

Robinson Cano, Curtis Granderson and David Aardsma have club options in their contracts, so it’s at least possible — though unlikely — that those three will also become free agents. Rafael Soriano has a player option in his contract, so it’s also possible — and very likely — that he too will become a free agent.
    Yankees LoHud

vCash
    Hanwha Eagles to post Hyun-Jin Ryu this winter:

Looking for an off the beaten path pitching option this offseason? Well here you go. The Hanwha Eagles of the Korea Baseball Organization will post star left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu this offseason according to a report by Yonhap. The 25-year-old just completed his seventh season in the league and thus became eligible to be posted. He would have to wait a few more years to qualify for international free agency.
    Ryu, who is represented by Scott Boras, has been one of the league’s most dominant pitchers since making his debut as a teenager. He first garnered attention by helping South Korea to Olympic gold in 2008 and a second place finish in the 2009 World Baseball Classic. Baseball America (subs. req’d) ranked him as the fifth best prospect in the tournament, one spot ahead of Yoenis Cespedes. “Ryu has four average to above-average pitches, (including) a 86-93 mph fastball with late life that he can add and subtract from when needed, a slow curve (75 mph), a tighter slider and a changeup,” wrote the publication. “Ryu’s biggest asset is his feel for pitching. Scouts have said that he would be a first-round pick if he was in the U.S.”
    I have no idea what kind of posting fee and contract would be required to sign Ryu, but a highly doubt we’re talking about a Yu Darvish type of package here. That was a (very) special case. Baseball America says Ryu has drawn a bunch of David Wells comparisons because he’s a four-pitch lefty with command and has a history of pitching well in important games (especially internationally), plus his personality is a little wacky and he’s kinda fat. The competition in KBO is inferior to NPB in Japan, so the transition would obviously be a concern. Here’s some recent video.
    Every team needs pitching and the Yankees especially covet left-handers considering their ballpark, so it stands to reason that they would at least kick the tires on Ryu. I wouldn’t expect him to come over to MLB and be an ace-caliber pitcher, but given the scouting report and his track record, perhaps he can be another Wei-Yin Chen. League-average southpaws who are years away from their 30th birthday are incredibly valuable. Chen was a true free agent who signed a three-year pact for under $12M, so tack a posting fee on top of that — remember, posting frees do not count towards the luxury tax — and maybe Ryu is a $20-25M investment. I’m just spit-balling here, I have little feel for this market in general.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/han...-winter-78337/

vCash
    ^^ Kei Igawa 2.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike89 View Post
    Hanwha Eagles to post Hyun-Jin Ryu this winter:

http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/han...-winter-78337/
    Asian Fatty! Bring him over! Him and CC will close down buffets together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Asian Fatty! Bring him over! Him and CC will close down buffets together.
    6'2 215

CC would have nothing to fear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    6'2 215

CC would have nothing to fear.

vCash

New York Yankess, who's in who's out?

I was going down the roster trying to figure out who should stay ,and who should go,and who should we bring in. Any suggestions.... Should we trade Granderson for a young center fielder. Should we trade, Cano or wait til next year and give him 30 million a year.
    Make A- Rod a DH and bring in a young thrid baseman like David Wright. Any suggestions...

vCash
    Cano and Granderson are on one year, $15 million dollar deals. There are perhaps 7-9 teams (on the high end) in all of baseball who could afford to take on these contracts, and even fewer who need them now, rather than wait 12 months for free agency.

The return on either of these players would in no way compensate for the production we would lose.

I think our greatest trading chips are very young, and the hesitation would be that we don't get the projected value back. It would seem that we are starting to have some solid OF prospects (Williams, Heathcott, Austin) on the way up, but they should be ready for 1-3 years.

vCash
    Horrid ideas.. Lose Cano and get David Wright who is roughly the same age as Cano and will not be much cheaper (and not as good). Really? This whole idea doesn't make much sense.

My suggestion is we avoid expensive Mets..

vCash
    K no former mets so what do we do,stay the course and get bounce out by the tigers and the rangers every post season.

vCash
    id take david wright but he may be too pricy, wright is similar to cano in my opinion in that by themselves they cant be the guy to carry the team , they need to be surrounded by other stars to be able to become superstars otherwise they are regular joes

vCash
    Offseason thread?

Eric Berry Strong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sxdona View Post
    K no former mets so what do we do,stay the course and get bounce out by the tigers and the rangers every post season.
    Again I highly doubt Wright would have changed the outcome of the ALCS, And he will be Arod part 2. Obtaining Wright means trading prospect chips and than signing him to a long term (8-10 year) deal. Which means by the time he is 36-38 we will be just as upset with his contract as we are with Arod's. He is 30, most people still think this guy is 26.

Some poster on here said get Hamilton at all costs and who cares if his contract sucks later on if we win a championship. Arod won us a championship in 2009 and we can't get off his nuts this year.

At some point we need to learn from our mistakes.. not repeat them..

vCash
    Since Soriano opted out, what kind of contract do you guys think joakim soria will demand coming off tommy john surgery? Yankees always wanted him and I think he wanted no partnof New York but you never know. He was a dominant closer prior to his injury and I can see him coming back to form once he is fully recovered. Would you guys be intereted in him or no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    Since Soriano opted out, what kind of contract do you guys think joakim soria will demand coming off tommy john surgery? Yankees always wanted him and I think he wanted no partnof New York but you never know. He was a dominant closer prior to his injury and I can see him coming back to form once he is fully recovered. Would you guys be intereted in him or no?
    I'm 10000000% against this. Soria was throwing 86 mph meatballs in his last year and was awful. Maybe he was hurt but he sucked. Only if its a cheap Aardsma type deal.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast