Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    screw payroll means screwed team and in what world does a team sign that many FA in one off season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Free Agent Signings

1. Torri Hunter, RF [NO]
    2. Ryan Madson, CP [NO]
    3. Kevin Youkilis, 3B [NO]
    4. Edwin Jackson, SP [NO]
    5. Sean Burnett, LHP [NO]
    6. Jeff Keppinger, UTIL [NO]
    7. Miguel Olivo, C [NO]

Former Yankee Re-Signings

1. Hiroki Kuroda, SP
    2. Russell Martin, C
    3. Ichiro Suzuki, RF
    4. Andy Pettitte, SP
    5. Mariano Rivera, CP

Key Free Agent Departures

CP Rafael Soriano
    RF Nick Swisher
    3B Eric Chavez
    DH Raul Ibanez

Lineup

SS Derek Jeter (R)
    RF Ichiro Suzuki (L)
    2B Robinson Cano (L)
    1B Mark Teixeira (S)
    DH Alex Rodriguez (R)
    CF Curtis Granderson (L)
    3B Kevin Youkilis (R)
    C Russell Martin (R)
    LF Brett Gardner (L)

Rotation

SP CC Sabathia LHP
    SP Hiroki Kuroda RHP
    SP Andy Pettitte LHP
    SP Edwin Jackson RHP
    SP Phil Hughes RHP

Bullpen

CP Mariano Rivera RHP
    SU David Robertson RHP
    SU Ryan Madson RHP
    MR David Aardsma RHP
    MR Sean Burnett LHP
    MR Joba Chamberlain MR
    LR David Phelps LR

Bench

SS Eduardo Nunez
    OF Torii Hunter
    C Miguel Olivo
    UTIL Jeff Keppinger
    Fixed.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    I want to a good team! Screw Payroll
    Unfortunately, Hal wants less payroll, so you can't ask for something that is not available because of being short on funds. You will see the same team but a year older. The bench will change a little and Soriano will be gone....avoiding injury will be key and pray Buck's Birds don't go 16-2 in extra innings and 29-9 in 1 run games.....look for the O's to backslide a little.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-25-2012 at 03:52 AM.
    Nick

vCash
    Holy fk. Some of you really need to lay off the baseball video games. I'm Lol'ing at some of these "trade proposals".

Cano and A-Rod for Stanton? LMAO!!!!

Grandy to the Padres for 3 of there potential future stars?? hahaha if that trade makes the Padres offense so much better, than why not keep him on the Yanks? Our offense is better, and in Petco, Grandy's numbers would die.

Guys, I understand some of you are pissed at the postseason performance, as am I, but damn at least think your proposals through a bit. No team is out there to help the Yankees. Some of you are so desperate to make trades/signing just for the sake of making them when it really doesn't change this team as much. It won't change that much. And some of these players that are being proposed, are players that if they stink in NY, those same posters here on PSD would ***** about how this player sucks, and wtf is Cashman thinking, and trade him for the entire Rays farm blah blah. Expect a new RF'er, bench, and maybe a bullpen arm or two. Expecting anything other than that might be a push.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

5. 10-25-2012, 04:20 AM
    Reason
    insult/response

6. 10-25-2012, 07:41 AM
    Reason
    insult/response

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    They are ranked 8th, 12th, and 22nd in the Pads system. Maybe "stars" was the wrong word to use, but they could definitely be solid contributors. There, does that work better for you Mr. Dick bag?

You seem to have been around these forums long enough, so you know why I responded the way I did. Some of these proposal are just a giant headache. Why the fk would the Padres trade 3 prospects for an all-or-nothing hitter, when chances are his power numbers would die at Petco. Then what are you left with? A 20 homer (maybe) 200 strikeout a year average outfielder. Not to mention a declining A-Rod with a disgusting contract and a second basemen who is commanding a huge contract for one of the best OF'ers in the game??

Oh but yes, ignore those posts and respond to this one.
    I understand where you're coming from. The thing is our season basically just ended. The off-season hasn't officially begun yet. People are pissed at A-Rod, Cano, etc.. and will make some questionable proposals. Some of the proposals are, of course, insane. By the way, there is more to power than just HR's. I think Granderson can do better in a more spacious park, where the pressure is non-existent. There is a demand for ball players that can provide power and patience. The entire point of a farm system is to eventually help out the ML squad. The Padres have built a decent enough system that they can use some of their middling prospects and ship them of for ML-level players.

vCash
    I want to a good team! Screw Payroll
    They paid Jones 2M, Ibanez 1.1M and Chavez 0.9M last year (combined 4M for 3 players). No way they're going to pay 8-9M for Torii Hunter to be a bench player. Plus, Hunter is old and they want to get younger, so he doesn't make much sense from that perspective either.

Stay far away from Edwin Jackson. Career 70-71, 4.40 ERA and he somehow managed to post a losing record starting for a team that won 98 games this year. On top of that, he's been pretty lousy in his post-season appearances.

Youkilis at 3B isn't a good idea either. 3B is a position that wears a guy down and Youk has pretty much already reached that point.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    They paid Jones 2M, Ibanez 1.1M and Chavez 0.9M last year (combined 4M for 3 players). No way they're going to pay 8-9M for Torii Hunter to be a bench player. Plus, Hunter is old and they want to get younger, so he doesn't make much sense from that perspective either.

Stay far away from Edwin Jackson. Career 70-71, 4.40 ERA and he somehow managed to post a losing record starting for a team that won 98 games this year. On top of that, he's been pretty lousy in his post-season appearances.

Youkilis at 3B isn't a good idea either. 3B is a position that wears a guy down and Youk has pretty much already reached that point.
    Agreed. Although if Youkalis wasn't too expensive he could kind of fit in also as a back up 1B, so you wouldn't need Swisher, Chavez or Jones and can focus on younger outfielders. Don't know how he'd look without the beard though.

vCash
    my proposals cut payroll and make the team younger

vCash
    Breaking News:

The Yankees have reached a one year - four million dollar agreement with Free Agent Outfielder YEDB90. YEDB90 was out all of last season with a turf toe injury....(?), but looks to put up solid numbers and contribute every day as the Yankees Right Fielder.

When asked about the signing, YED had the following to say: "Well, it's been a dream of mine to come play here. It's a place with rich tradition and I look forward to doing whatever the team needs me to do in order to help win a championship."

With the signing, it is unlikely that the Yankees will pursue Free Agent Nick Swisher.
    Full Article

Wow, I like the move. Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Breaking News:

Full Article

Meh signing. I heard the turf toe injury is pretty serious and he may not be fully recovered. Also, I can't find his WAR or UZR anywhere and his MAZDA rating is an underwhelming -RX7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Breaking News:

Full Article

Pretty sure that guy got caught masturbating in the showers with pics of his teammates when he played for the Astros. Bad clubhouse presence.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Erik Boland (@eboland11) tweeted at 6:17 PM on Thu, Oct 25, 2012:

Source: it is a definite maybe that players may or may not, though it can't be ruled out one way or the other, be with the Yankees in 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Erik Boland (@eboland11) tweeted at 6:17 PM on Thu, Oct 25, 2012:

Source: it is a definite maybe that players may or may not, though it can't be ruled out one way or the other, be with the Yankees in 2013

Funny. I think it's pretty definite that SOME PLAYERS will be with the Yankees in 2013. Who they will be is anyone's guess.

16. 10-25-2012, 07:29 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

17. 10-25-2012, 09:24 PM
    Reason
    Off Topic

vCash
    Angels guaranteed deals:

Guaranteed Contracts

Albert Pujols, 1B: $228MM through 2021
    Jered Weaver, SP: $70MM through 2016
    C.J. Wilson, SP: $65MM through 2016