Ortiz close to signing with Boston.
Ortiz close to signing with Boston.
CC on his spring
#Forg1v3!Originally Posted by CC Sabathia
Will be interesting to see how Yankees stay under 189 Luxury Tax, Pay A-Roid 114 Million (next five years) & A. J. Burnett 10 MILLION next year. then put a championship team on the field.
1. Let Swisher, Ichiro, Ibanez, Jones, Garcia, Chavez, Lowe and Martin go. We need to change the direction of this team and it starts by getting younger.
2. Bring back Pettite and Kuroda for the right price, if not let them go.
3. Give Cano his money.
4. Sign Brandon McCarthy.
5. Trade Hughes, Man-Ban, Gardner, and a mid-level prospect for Justin Upton.
6. Trade Nova, Betantes and mid-level prospect for Salvador Perez.
7. Sign Michael Bourn.
8. Trade Eduardo Nunez, David Phelps for Howie Kendrick.
9. Sign Paul Maholm.
1. Michael Bourn LF
2. Derek Jeter SS
3. Robinson Cano 2B
4. Justin Upton RF
5. Curtis Granderson CF
6. Mark Teixeira 1B
7. Alex Rodriguez DH
8. Howie Kendrick 3B
9. Salvador Perez C
SP- Paul Maholm/Michael Pineda
Keep in tact but let Soriano walk to much $.
These moves keep payroll about the same as it is right now. Our lineup becomes younger and more dynamic. Now we have more speed and average with the additions of Bourn, Upton and Kendrick. Perez is a good young catcher Im still not sure that Nova and Betantes is enough. As far as the starting and relief pitching goes it stays pretty much the same.
We have an off-season thread.
Not a rnoderator
Nunez definitely does have some decent trade value as a shortstop, his bat and speed are both pluses for that spot, the only issue is his arm, but that can be fixed. Also, he's young, still pre-arb (if I remember correctly) and cheap. He's one of our best trade chips.
Anyways, because I don't feel like studying for midterms, here's my somewhat realistic, somewhat fantasy overhaul of the Yankees.
1) GONE: Swisher (qualifying offer), Soriano (qualifying offer), Ibanez, Ichiro, Jones, Chavez, Lowe, Garcia
2) Re-Sign: Kuroda (one or two years), Pettitte (one), Mariano (one with a player option), Martin (two years cheap), Stewart (one year)
3) Free Agent Signings: Joakim Soria (one year with a club option), Zach Greinke(give him what we offered Lee), then a few minor league scrap-heap starters
Trade 1: Granderson, Betances, and Ramon Flores to the Rangers for Elvis Andrus (move Cano to third, Andrus to second)
Trade 2: Nova and prospects to the Cardinals for Jon Jay
Trade 3: A-Rod and some fillers to the Angels for Bourjos
Trade 4: Hughes, Bourjos, Gumbs, Zolio Almonte to Washington for Rendon, Tyler Moore
Trade 5: Rendon, Nunez, Adams to Arizona for Upton, Brad Ziegler
Andrus, 2B, S
Jeter, SS, R
Cano, 3B, L
Upton, RF, R
Teixeira, 1B, S
Jay, CF, L
Martin, C, R
Revolving DH spot (Mustelier, Moore, etc.)
Gardner, LF, L
Adonis Garcia, OF/2B
Total position players: 13
RHP Zack Greinke
LHP CC Sabathia
RHP Hiroki Kuroda
LHP Andy Pettitte
RHP David Phelps (possibly replaced by Pineda in June, giving us an insane rotation)
Long: Adam Warren
Greinke's signing might be superfluous, but I think it would be worth it. I think he's one of the top five starters in all of baseball. Also, none of this is going to happen, but I can dream, right?
Welcome home, Urban
A-Rod and Cano to Marlins for Giancarlo Stanton
Grandy to Texas for Andrus
Hughes and Adams for Moustakas
Betances, Nunez for Garza
Last edited by JesusMontero; 10-23-2012 at 09:59 PM.
^Miami has a new stadium and need to build a larger fan base by attracting big names i.e. Cano and A-Rod
Not only that, it is much more cost effective for the Marlins to not deal a stud like Stanton.
but thats because your intelligent and knowledgable about baseball. the rest of america hears the name a-rod or cano and they get attracted
If only we can develop our own pitchers
New York Yankees
Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
2. Again why would cash strapped KC trade a good young prospect for somebody like Hughes whose contract they wont control after another year? Nunez is clearly not a third baseman, nor an upgrade.
3. Betances? Really? After this season why would Theo do Cashman that favor?
Come on man, think these proposals through.
1.Trade Cano to Dodgers or Phillies for a top tier 3b, c, power hitting of, and one or two mid lvl pitching prospects.
2.Trade Granderson and Hughes to Texas, LA angels, Atlanta, Milwaukee, or what ever for a top tier 2b, sp and mid lvl closer prospect.
3.Resign Itchiro, Pettite, Kuroda, Martin, Rivera, Ibanez, and Soriano if price is right.
4. Sign Peavy(option will be declined bc noway Chicago pays 22 mil option), a real DH, and some utility inf and of.
1. Gardner cf
2. itchero rf
3. Jeter ss
4. Tex 1b
5. Real Dh
6. a-overpaid 3b
7. rookie power hitter lf
8. Martin c
9. Nunez 2b
There balanced the budget, put a competitive team on the field, and secured the future of the Yankees organization. yea me!
Last edited by Khennick; 10-24-2012 at 02:59 AM.