Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^ Anyone think the yankees should make him an offer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Rangers, Red Sox, and Dodgers are after him. I don't think he has to go through the draft. He's an international free agent. Never played in Japan league, so no posting fee either.
    But since he's 18 he's restricted to the international spending budget apparently. And the Yankees used up almost all of theirs I think.

Obviously, I'd love to see the Yankees add any high-potential player because its only money. But as we've seen, even if there wasn't a budget limit the Yankees probably wouldn't be interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    But since he's 18 he's restricted to the international spending budget apparently. And the Yankees used up almost all of theirs I think.

Obviously, I'd love to see the Yankees add any high-potential player because its only money. But as we've seen, even if there wasn't a budget limit the Yankees probably wouldn't be interested.
    This is true.

vCash
    Via George King: Andruw Jones blamed his miserable second half on a finger injury suffered after the All-Star break. “I did it diving for a ball against Toronto at home,” he said. “Hands and fingers are tough.”

The Yankees played the Blue Jays in the second series after the break, which I guess is when it happened. Either way, the 34-year-old Jones hit .244/.326/.535 with eleven homers in the first half before dropping down to .142/.256/.255 with three homers in the second half. He was so bad, even against lefties, that the Yankees left him off the playoff roster. Jones also told King that he hopes to play another four years, but I doubt any of them will be in the Bronx.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/jon...e-years-78065/

vCash
    AJ Pierzynski??????? How come the sudden power surge at age 35?

17 combined in years 2010 and 11and then rockets to 27 in 2012.

A definite backslide candidate.....stay away!
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Just ran out a fuel.....
    Nick

vCash
    Some of the posts on here are crazy. Funny, but crazy.

When you outline the goals - maintain or improve pitching, get hitters who hit for average and when it counts (someone could research that) and get under $189 by 2014.

Bring back itchy and Raul for cheap.
    Bring back Kuroda
    Swish walks. Jones too.
    Hope Sourpuss opts out
    Pick up grandy and Cano option
    Package deal Either Grandy or Cano with Arod. This has to be done. Just get back a young 3rd or OF in the process. If Hughes needs to be in the package, so be it.
    Keep Gardner
    Play Nunez at 3rd or 2nd (depends on thr trade)
    Phelps moves to the rotation full time with Nova.
    Joba preps to be the next Mo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Just ran out a fuel.....
    I'm just not buying it. Run out of fuel? He's coming off the bench, he should have plenty of energy to play when he gets the chance. His approach to hitting is absolutely horrendous and translated to his anemic numbers especially against lefties who he was re-signed to mash against. So glad this guy is off this team for good.

vCash
    Via ESPN NY: Brian Cashman provided a brief update on injured right-hander Michael Pineda during a recent radio appearance. “We have to keep him off our radar for now,” said the GM. “We’re talking June of next year … the second half of next year.”

Pineda, 23, had surgery to repair a torn labrum on May 1st of this year and his target return date was one year out of surgery. The last real update we’ve had on his rehab progress came in mid-June (other than the DUI), when we heard he was on target to start throwing in mid-September. Frankly, it’s not all that surprising that his return will take a little longer than expected — it’s a major surgery and they’ll obviously be conservative. Either way, the Yankees would be wise to proceed under the assumption that Pineda will contribute nothing next year. Anything they get out of him is a bonus.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/cas...xt-year-78087/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    So that will be 2 years lost with Pineda.......nice....
    Nick

vCash
    What I'm about to say is not because of the teams awful postseason. Its because they need to get younger and avoid locking up players for big years and big money. Let me also preface that this is highly unlikely.

Let Swish Walk

Resign Ichiro to a 1 yr deal

Trade A-Rod-hes a cancer to the team and the situation will only get worse if they dont trade him.

Trade Granderson-an all or nothing player. He isnt who he used to be. He has become an Adam Dunn like player. In FA he will also demand a decent size contract.

Trade Cano...if his demands are too high-10 yrs at 200+ million is too much. Hes lazy. I dont think he will last until 40 because historically 2B dont age well (via Joel Sherman)

What can you get for a deal of A-Rod and Cano?

What can you get for Grandy and prospects?

Trade Hughes and prospects for new 3B

Players on Wish list:
    Justin Upton
    Mike Moustakas
    Elvis Andrus
    David Ortiz

Lineup:
    SS Jeter
    2B Andrus
    RF J Upton
    1B Tex
    DH Ortiz
    3B Moustakas
    C Martin
    LF Ichiro
    CF Gardner

Bench:
    Nunez
    Nix
    Dickerson
    Stewart

Rotation:
    CC
    Kuroda
    ????? (maybe via trade, maybe Andy)
    Nova
    Phelps

Bullpen:
    Mo
    D-Rob
    Joba
    Rapada
    Eppley or Adam Warren
    Aardsma
    Logan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    What I'm about to say is not because of the teams awful postseason. Its because they need to get younger and avoid locking up players for big years and big money. Let me also preface that this is highly unlikely.

Let Swish Walk

Trade A-Rod-hes a cancer to the team and the situation will only get worse if they dont trade him.

Trade Granderson-an all or nothing player. He isnt who he used to be. He has become an Adam Dunn like player. In FA he will also demand a decent size contract.

Trade Cano...if his demands are too high-10 yrs at 200+ million is too much. Hes lazy. I dont think he will last until 40 because historically 2B dont age well (via Joel Sherman)

What can you get for a deal of A-Rod and Cano?

What can you get for Grandy and prospects?

Trade Hughes and prospects for new 3B

Players on Wish list:
    Justin Upton
    Mike Moustakas
    Elvis Andrus
    David Ortiz

Lineup:
    SS Jeter
    2B Andrus
    RF J Upton
    1B Tex
    DH Ortiz
    3B Moustakas
    C Martin
    LF Ichiro
    CF Gardner

Bench:
    Nunez
    Nix
    Dickerson
    Stewart

Rotation:
    CC
    Kuroda
    ????? (maybe via trade, maybe Andy)
    Nova
    Phelps

Bullpen:
    Mo
    D-Rob
    Joba
    Rapada
    Eppley or Adam Warren
    Aardsma
    Logan
    It must be nice to live in a fairy tale world lol. If any significant moves are made it will probably go as follows: Cano to the dodgers in a three way trade with the mets. The mets get prospects from the dodgers and we get david wright. The only way to get rid of a-fraud will be to send him with 90 mil to Miami or another stupid team that thinks he can still play. We will hold on to granderson bc well we will lol.

vCash
    [QUOTE=JesusMontero;24045197]What I'm about to say is not because of the teams awful postseason. Its because they need to get younger and avoid locking up players for big years and big money. Let me also preface that this is highly unlikely.

Let Swish Walk

say these players would be traded these are the type of deals that would happen realistically

trade 1
    To Dodgers
    Arod
    Cano
    Cash (5 mil each year)

To Yankees
    Ramirez
    Lee
    mid prospect

Why: Dodgers are spending crazy amount of money, this is a deal similar to the Red Sux trade except they are getting the better player in Cano then A-Gon

trade 2
    To Marlins
    Arod
    cash

To Yankees
    Ruggiano

Why: Unloads Arod's contract while bringing in a good player not a superstar but a good player who can help the Yankees win games.

trade 3(if trade 1 happens)

To Texas
    Granderson

To Yankees
    Andrus

why: gives Yankees their future SS and a leadoff hitter with good speed and power. Granderson replaces Hamilton in Rangers line up when he walks as a free agent

trade 4
    To Yankees
    Upton

To Ari
    Gardner
    3 mid prospects

Why: Ari has a surplus of outfielders are are willing to deal Upton. His price tag most likely has dropped and Cashman has a good relationship with Towers.

sign Ortiz
    this most likely will not happen but if i did this Yankees team i think would be more exciting to watch.

Andrus 2B
    Jeter SS
    Texeria 1B
    Upton RF
    Ortiz DH
    Ramirez 3B
    Ruggiano CF
    Martin C
    minor leaguer LF(competition at spring training)

(i am gonna be ripped for this but i think this kind of team the Yankees need right now instead of going out and getting power hitters every offseason instead of getting balanced hitters. Also for this to work Kevin homerun or bust Long has to go for this to work)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Khennick View Post
    It must be nice to live in a fairy tale world lol. If any significant moves are made it will probably go as follows: Cano to the dodgers in a three way trade with the mets. The mets get prospects from the dodgers and we get david wright. The only way to get rid of a-fraud will be to send him with 90 mil to Miami or another stupid team that thinks he can still play. We will hold on to granderson bc well we will lol.
    on my post the deals that are there i think can actually happen to make this a reality however i agree that it most likely will not happen due to the fact that i don't think Cashman has the balls to make these kinds of changes

vCash
    lol at some of this posts this threads we know we make some littles changes and call it a day i mean we were in the alcs we need to let go swsisher and keep the rotation intact and find some young players for the future
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast