Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindystud36 View Post
    If I am The Yankees id Look to Trade:Robinson Cano, 2b; Brett Gardner, OF

And Receive from the Padres:Casey Kelly, rhp; Cory Spangenberg, 2b; Chase Headley, 3b

The Yankees Get their youth they desire; the Padres get a Top Talented Superstar in the prime of his career, along with a dynamic leadoff hitter, and a replacement for Headley at 3b for the short term

Next Trade is Curtis Granderson, OF; Dellin Bentences, RHP; Eduardo Nunez, INF

Receive: Elvis Andrus from Texas

Both Of these moves will decrease the Yankees Payroll and add Youth Talent to the Team

If Texas looses out on JHam they will need replacement for his 40 homers, along with their desire for youthful pitching and the heir apparent to Jurickson Profar

Yeah not gonna lie, this would be a shiet trade for us IMO. First, for those first 3 players, Cano alone should be able to bring them in. You are talking about one of the best hitters in the game and arguably the best second baseman in the game.

Brett Gardner, although he missed almost all of 2012, was the 2nd best left fielder defensively in 2011, and is also arguably the fastest man in baseball. And the guy can work a count as good as anyone. If he can get on base often, he can be a dynamic player. But that remains to be seen.

Eduardo Nunez, as of now, figures to succeed Jeter at SS. Nobody doubts his hitting ability, he just needs to iron out his defense.

Betances is one of our top prospects, but he did go down with an injury, is still unproven, and got demoted to Double-A.

Grandy looks like he's staying, and if we lose him, who do we replace him with? Especially since we are trying to get under 189 million by 2014 so we can't exactly make a big splash. So not only are you losing Grandy, you're losing his possible replacement in Gardner.

Lose:
    Cano
    Granderson
    Nunez
    Gardner
    Betances

Get:
    Kelly
    Spangenberg
    Headley
    Andrus

In my opinion, this trade would not work out, and would actually make us slightly worse. Headley is overrated, and we can't put him at 3rd because of A-Rod. We have Jeter at short, so where does Elvis Andrus fit in? And we still need to find a way to replace 2 of our starting outfielders, so with Swisher walking as well, we have no outfield. Doesn't work in our favor.
    Last edited by Yankees90.; 10-22-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

45-44

G: 78 | AVG: .269 | HR: 2| RBI: 24 | OBP: .321 | SLG: .323 | wOBA: .291 | wRC: 79

vCash
    How many World Series would the Yankees been in if they played just one round of playoffs to get to the World Series....how many division winners since 1996?

People here underestimate how hard it is to get to the WS with so many tiers of playoff rounds now....

The Yankees probably get in about 60% of the time from 2002-2012 and get in 5 World Series instead of just 2....it is much more difficult now....
    Nick

vCash
    Colin Cowherd had a great quote :

The Yankees are now the worst possible thing in sports.....super expensive and boring.

Ouch....but he's right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post

The Yankees are now the worst possible thing in sports.....super expensive and boring.

Ouch....but he's right.
    Not during the regular season...chicks dig home runs and they smacked a record 245 in 2012!
    Nick

vCash

Ouch....but he's right.
    It's true. What sucks is, were kind of tied down. I mean, Soriano opting out would be great simply because it saves us 14 million. Swisher is walking as well. But aside from that what moves, offensively can we make? A-Rod, as much as I have pulled for that guy, I would love to see traded. It would be the BIGGEST monkey off our back so to speak. But, that would offer little to no salary relief. Grandy looks like he's staying, and if Robbie gets traded, who replaces him? Offensively, the only place I see us making signings or trading for is RF, DH, and MAYBE Catcher. Unless it's some huge, Boston-like deal that takes place. Hell maybe Robbie and A-Rod get traded as a package.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

45-44

G: 78 | AVG: .269 | HR: 2| RBI: 24 | OBP: .321 | SLG: .323 | wOBA: .291 | wRC: 79

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Not during the regular season...chicks dig home runs and they smacked a record 245 in 2012!
    Yes, but thats ALL they did. Why would I want to watch a team that does virtually the same thing every game? Thats boring.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

45-44

vCash

Ouch....but he's right.
    You couldn't even fill up a shot glass with everything Colin Cowherd knows about baseball. I suspect he finds baseball boring in general since all he talks about all year long is football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    How? He tells us the same every year.....Big hairy power hitting lefthanders for the short porch....it translates into 90+ wins every year and gets them into the crapshoot....
    "Montero is untouchable"

vCash

You Don't rebuild, you reload!!!

1st (eliminate)
    Granderson (buy him out)
    Swisher and Ibanez (let them go)

2nd (extend or resign)
    Cano, Ichiro, R. Martin, and Rivera

3rd (free agency)
    Josh Hamilton, Macier Izturis, Shane Victorino

Trade
    Matt Garza and Carlos Marmol for prospects

2013 Lineup
    Jeter, Victorino, Hamilton, Teixera, Cano, A-Rod, Izturis, Martin, Gardner/Ichiro

Rotation
    Sabathia, Garza, Nova, Kuroda, and Hughes

Bullpen
    Rivera, Soriano, Marmol, Chamberlain, Robertson, and 2 lefties

Looks like a rematch with Detroit in the ALCS again to me.

vCash
    ^ That will never happen.

vCash

And can we please fkin stop with Hamilton already....for fk's sake we are already trying to dump one horrendous contract in A-Rod, we don't need another for an injury prone, recovering addict. Makes no sense. "Hey Guys!! Robbie wants 10 years and 20 mil per, let him walk!!"...Hey Guys, trade A-Rod and his horrible contract" Then, when all is said and done. "Hey guys, now lets sign another guy to a dog shiet contract that would put us in the same exact position in 3-4 years
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

45-44

vCash
    Via Peter Botte and George King: Derek Lowe will look for an opportunity as a starting pitcher this offseason before deciding whether to return to the Yankees as a reliever. “I would like to start again,” he said. “I knew when I came here I was going to be a reliever. My first priority is to start.”

Lowe, 39, was picked up off the scrap heap in August and had his moments with the Yankees, most notably his four-inning save against the Rangers and some order-restoring middle relief work in the final weeks of the season. All told, he pitched to a 3.04 ERA (3.77 FIP) in 23.2 relief innings with New York. The Yankees will definitely need to bring in a reliever a two this offseason (especially if Rafael Soriano opts out), but I would be stunned if they considered Lowe for a starting job next year.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/low...eliever-78060/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Lowe blew up with the Indians as a starter. I can't imagine many teams giving him a shot at starting. Having said that, watch St. Louis will sign him and he'll go 16-9 with a 3.04 ERA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post

And can we please fkin stop with Hamilton already....for fk's sake we are already trying to dump one horrendous contract in A-Rod, we don't need another for an injury prone, recovering addict. Makes no sense. "Hey Guys!! Robbie wants 10 years and 20 mil per, let him walk!!"...Hey Guys, trade A-Rod and his horrible contract" Then, when all is said and done. "Hey guys, now lets sign another guy to a dog shiet contract that would put us in the same exact position in 3-4 years
    PLUS > Yankees still paying A. J. Burnett 10 Million BIG ones this year.

vCash
    Got a text to my phone by YanksNews saying Michael Pineda will not be ready until June or July in 2013. This may force Cashman to look for another starter...

Interesting off-season indeed shaping up.

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast