Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    U guys are nuts! Hamilton in NY would be hilarious! Imagine the stories that would come out......him and Arod banging hot chicks and getting bombed!
    Also with Cano!

vCash
    Id love a team of hamilton greinke arod. Also lets get krod so we have a bunch of nuts.

vCash
    Hamilton-

Upton- Again, yes, let's trade a strikeout machine for another strikeout machine with less power.

Greinke: Too comical, guy wouldn't make it to the mound of his first game in pinstripes without probably breaking down and losing it.

Ortiz: No. No. NO! Yes, I know he still has some of his power, and we could really "stick it to the Sox!!" Derp. But 25-30 million dollars over two years? Are we trying to get away from bad contracts or add more?

I would LOVE to have Denard Span. I think 3 players, revolved around either Hughes or Phelps can get it done. Twins need pitching, so wouldn't cost too much I assume. Stick Grandy in Right, where is bat would suit him more, Span in Center, Gardner in Left. That gives us the fastest OF in all of baseball, making YS look like a softball field, and would give us great speed on the base paths. Aside from that, a revamped bench, figure out the pitching rotation and I think were locked and loaded again.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Span is older than i thought ehhhh not sold yet
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Via MLBTR: Right-hander Shohei Otani will forego the NPB draft in Japan and instead sign with an MLB club this winter. The 18-year-old checks in at 6-foot-4 and 190 lbs., and he can reportedly run his fastball up into the high-90s. The Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers, and Orioles are all said to have interest.

Because of his age, Otani will be subject to the spending restrictions implemented by the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. The Yankees spent almost their entire $2.9M allotment on essentially three players on the first day of international free agency back in July. Otani will surely command a seven-figure bonus, which means New York would have to forfeit future spending power to sign him. I wouldn’t count on him waiting until next July — when the new year’s pool money kicks in — to sign either.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/sho...-winter-78053/

vCash
    Depending on the price, Upton would be fantastic here. I guess I'm not really understanding where the notion of him "stinking" comes from. He's not on a Mike Trout level, but he's a good player.

Over the past 4 seasons he's averaged: .286/.362 and has shown the potential for 25+ HRs and 20 SBs in a season. Again, he might not be an MVP candidate, but this idea that he's some scrub is comical.

Do people realize he's only 24 years old? Think about that for a minute. The guy is still years from his prime and he's already putting up good numbers. As for this notion that he's some big strikeout guy, I don't buy that either. His K rates have actually been dropping for the past few years despite being "high".

If I can get Upton without breaking bank or draining the farm, I do it without hesitation.

vCash
    i thought the OF was gonna be Gardner LF Granderson CF Ichiro RF. why do we need upton? span? hamilton? ect?

vCash
    Whats even more comical is that Upton stinks, but people are okay with giving Mustelier RF next season when he's 27 and hasn't sniffed the majors

If Upton isn't overly expensive and people don't want Swisher back, but want a viable replacement its a no brainer.

EDIT: All of this of course assuming we NEED an OF next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    Span is older than i thought ehhhh not sold yet
    He'll be 29 on opening day, younger than Grandy and Swisher, and younger than most OF'ers on the FA market....plus he comes with great speed.
    Last edited by Yankees90.; 10-21-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Whats even more comical is that Upton stinks, but people are okay with giving Mustelier RF next season when he's 27 and hasn't sniffed the majors

If Upton isn't overly expensive and people don't want Swisher back, but want a viable replacement its a no brainer.
    In a perfect world an OF of Gardner, JUpton, either (Hamilton, Granderson) would be ideal
    New York Yankees
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    In a perfect world an OF of Gardner, JUpton, either (Hamilton, Granderson) would be ideal
    Could be too expensive, especially with Hamilton.

vCash
    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/the-...up-the-yankees

Hughes and B prospects for Moustakas

Granderson and prospects for Justin Upton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    I tend to agree that we are in no position to sign Cano to a 10 or 8 year deal for $22 to $25 per yr. But, if we lose him, our chances of winning in the short-term are unlikely and we should probably blow up our entire roster.

1. Cano to Marlins for a package led by Giancarlo Stanton.
    2. Sabbathia to Texas for a package of young players headlined by Profar so
    we finally get a young shortstop for the future.
    3. Granderson and Hughes in a 3 team deal to bring us Justin Upton.
    4. Mark Teixeira to Washington for a package of young MLB ready players.
    5. Swisher leaves via FA and we take a pick. Save the cash to be applied
    later.
    6. Soriano leaves via FA and we take a pick. Save the cash to be applied
    later.
    7 A-Rod is moved with significant salary relief for a bag of balls.

FYI - I realize that no of the above will happen. But, it would be interesting to rid ourselves of all of our long-term salary commitments ala the Boston Red Sox.
    A core of Stanton, Profar, J-Upton, and possibly Rendon from the Nats
    Someone posted this the other day i know its 100% not gonna happen but id be ok with this
    New York Yankees
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Hughes for Moustakas!?

vCash
    Another interesting note:

People hate Upton, but want Headley who's a few years older and isn't a better hitter than Upton (unless his career year happens every year from now on).

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast