Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    I agree with you %100. too many guys think they are Dave Kingman on the team and it is ok to have a Kingman in your lineup but you can not have 6 of them. That is why even though I am not a fan of Hamilton the man I think he would be good for the team. plays hard, hots for power and average some speed and hustles.
    I think the Yankees have too many who lack hustle. I like Tex because he plays great D and he hustles. Arod for all the crap he takes the man hustles. I do not see hustle out of Cano,Granderson,Swisher ,A.Jones or Chavez and I was on Chavez band wagon day one but seems like these guys for one reason or another are not going to run through a wall for the team.

but Cano is much too talented to let walk. great defender and best hitting 2nd baseman in game but the others should go. I think you need guys that hustle up and down the lineup and care more about winning than looking pretty or seeing how many homers they can hit or just going along for the ride.
    Cano, by far, has the most talent on this team IMO. I just hate how lazy he is. I've said before I wish he had Pedroias heart. With the contract he is demanding it may not be a bad idea to trade him. He'd most likely be a 1 year rental but he'd fetch some nice talent. I'd love Hamilton, like you said, he does hustle and he hits for power AND average and does play a nice CF. I just want some guys who can move the runners and not this station to station stuff then waiting for the big fly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Ortiz is said to be looking for 2 years, $25-30 million, umm no.
    No thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    No thank you.
    Ya, I knew it was going to be a long shot anyways.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    We need some youth on this team and we need guys who are Hungry! I'd love to see the Yankees go after Hamilton but his injury issues concern me a bit. Upton wouldn't be a good fit in my opinion

vCash
    I wanna look at napoli victorino broxton madson and ofcourse would love to acquire headley upton or span

vCash
    Pick up the option to Cano, and package him, A-Rod and hughes in a trade to the Marlins for Staton and scraps. Now that they traded Bell, they have cap room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Pick up the option to Cano, and package him, A-Rod and hughes in a trade to the Marlins for Staton and scraps. Now that they traded Bell, they have cap room.
    i would rather trade Cano and Arod to the Dodgers for Ramirez and Zach Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    first order of business call the padres about Headley
    You can call, they will hang up very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUTH-TELLER View Post
    MY PREDICTIONS like a modern day Nostrodamus

#1 AROD or Girardi one of them is leaving town

#2 Rivera and Andy hang it up for good

#3 Jeter won't be playing SS maybe 3B if the A-cancer gets launched

#4 Swisher gone Suzuki stays to play RF

#5 Yanks resign Cano to a very bad contract out of panic (and he never lives up to it)

#6 Kevin Long fired

#7 Tony Pena leaves to manage his own team finally

#8 The yanks don't chase any big names in FA cause they are all about profits and not winning. (George will be missed more than ever)
    You are going to fail miserably. And I can't say I will be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    My predictions for the offseason:

Oak will become a Frushing Met Fran
    1903 will admit Canada is inferior to America
    YANKSGUY will add italics to his font
    TY will drink a lot
    RCS will choke on a penis more than once
    Yedb will remain the same which is good because he entertains us
    And Leo will become a commie bastard and spend the winter in North Korea

I'll finish this up at a later time.
    You know me well. Too well.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    why??
    I see that you are banned. Mods are corrupt. Me and you both will have to deal with it. See you in 2 months, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    TRY to get rid of A-Rod
    Trade Grandy
    Let Swish go
    Resign Ichiro to a 1 or 2 yr deal
    Trade for Justin Upton
    Sign Big Papi to a 1 or 2 yr deal
    Let Martin go
    Trade for a good starter
    Best thing here, let Swish go. Everything else is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I wanted to trade both Granderson and Swisher and sign Beltran and Willingham. As usual, I am laughed at for trade ideas. It never fails. I also wanted to trade Nova if possible.
    I'm sorry. Want a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    We hit .188. That's not good?

You're acting like that was the lowest number in MLB history.

Hold on.....
    Hello Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    If Kuroda and Andy come back, the pitching should be fine.

They need a different offensive approach though. Even though they outscored 29 other MLB teams, they are too "station to station" meaning it usually takes 3 hits to score a run unless someone hits a homer. They could use a few more guys who can take an extra base, go from 1st to 3rd on a single, steal a base, bunt, etc.
    I have been saying this since the day sliced bread was invented. But as usual "I was laughed at"

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    I like to bla bla bla in thread's
    Trust me bro, we have all noticed that. Change your approach already.

Well, my god. As if I have not heard the dumbest ideas already and then I read this.

In conclusion,

I am back. Mods stink. And the Yankees pissed me off. Oh, Swisher. Can't say I told you so.

I'll toast to that.
    Last edited by TrueYankee; 10-21-2012 at 02:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    1. I never said they have too much power. I said they rely too much on the long ball. And that is a fact.

2. It doesnt work in the playoffs. 1 World Series win in 12 seasons isnt exactly up to par with Yankee standards. Again, relying on the long ball doesnt work in the post season.

3. I think a team more likely to rely on a homerun as opposed to putting the ball in play is more subject to a cold streak like this.

The teams that won it in 96, 98,99 and 2000 didnt rely on the homerun. At all. Guys like Paul O'Neil who hit for average and didnt swing for the fence with RISP. I dont see why you dont get this. Its not hard to comprehend.

Again, The 90s dynasty Yankees is a standard that can't be equal with because those teams come once every 30 years...you can not use them...

And again, explain why Cano went cold after having good postseasons prior? They all got cold at the same time not because of relying on the HR but because they were pitched differently and never made the adjustments.

There is no simple formula....you just got to be hot in Oct.
    Nick

vCash
    Ty!

vCash
    Holy ****! After reading some of these posts, it's going to be a long offseason. Have to make sure that I have enough Ibuprofen to last me until April.

Usual guys are fine. But some people tend to make some absolutely stupid trade/FA requests.

Hamilton is not signing for less than 6 years. It's looking like A-Rod is here to stay. Were not opening the checkbook like "The Boss" days, and getting rid of players and replacing them with virtually the same type of players is stupid. That is a CLEAR sign of making moves just to make moves.

Trade/FA wise, not including pitching, I like Span, and who knows, possibly Butler? Although that would probably require significant pieces to be moved. But if you're going to make signings or trades you do it for those type of players. Not an injury prone, recovering addict who would implode in NY. And sure, let's replace Grandy with B.J. Upton. That way, we can keep the high strikeout total intact and get about half the homeruns.

And enough with the Russell Martin hate. Who are you going to replace him with? A Free Agent? HAH, yeah let's make that position a little more like sh.!t. A catcher from our farm? No, and here is why. Sanchez is not ready, Romine, not so sure. Martin may hit in the low .200's, but you can pencil him in for 20 homers, and there was an article on ESPN that I read which said that Martin, just by the way he frames pitches, saves about 10 runs a year. It was stated he is the best framer in the game, and if you think that isn't important, well I'm sure you're posts would show why There is nobody better out there right now.

Swisher can go, and quite frankly if we can't get anyone via FA or trade who is better to replace him, I would love to have Ichiro back.
    Last edited by Yankees90.; 10-21-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

45-44

G: 78 | AVG: .269 | HR: 2| RBI: 24 | OBP: .321 | SLG: .323 | wOBA: .291 | wRC: 79

vCash
    Guys that I don't think will be back.

Jones- FA
    Swisher- FA
    Hughes- Traded. Honestly thought it would happen sooner.
    Ibanez- FA
    Chavez- FA, although would not mind him coming back.
    Soriano- Opts out
    Garcia- FA
    Phelps- Traded

I see Phelps and Hughes as our two main trade bait pitchers. Not sure about Nova, but I'm pulling for him to be a solid part of this team. If not, oh well.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

45-44

G: 78 | AVG: .269 | HR: 2| RBI: 24 | OBP: .321 | SLG: .323 | wOBA: .291 | wRC: 79

vCash
    Cap room? What is this, the NFL?

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    I Everyones dreams this happens:

Cano and A-Rod for Giancarlo Stanton and Josh Johnson

Hughes and Grandy for Justin Upton

This most likely wont happen. So lets be more realistic. Do I think they will make big changes? Yes...but not to this extreme.

I do think that Granderson could be traded and i honestly would trade Cano because he wants 10 yrs and after A-Rod contract im hesitant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    I Everyones dreams this happens:

Cano and A-Rod for Giancarlo Stanton and Josh Johnson

Hughes and Grandy for Justin Upton

This most likely wont happen. So lets be more realistic. Do I think they will make big changes? Yes...but not to this extreme.

I do think that Granderson could be traded and i honestly would trade Cano because he wants 10 yrs and after A-Rod contract im hesitant.
    Stanton would cost way more than Cano and A-rod. I'd love to have him, but he'd take those 2, and a few upper level prospects. He's young and has unbelievable potential.

Francisco Cervelli 2013
    .290/.421/.419/.379
    1 HR 6 RBI

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast