Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I would put the entire team on juice, figuring only 1 or 2 will actually get nabbed.

Then the rest of the team can be beasts!

Do it!

Now!
    Just Arod does juice ...... Duh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Why is everyone so high On Justin Upton?

He's really not that good.

Oh and he's really not that good of a fielder either, he's lead the NL in errors by a RF 3 out of his 6 years, and finished top 5 in the other 3 years.

He's a career .278 hitter, yeah let's blow up the little left we have of our farm, for that.
    Completely agree. He's garbage.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Just Arod does juice ...... Duh
    The steroid era is all his fault.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Lets get both Uptons. They make eachother better. In all seriousness, I hate Cashman. He's really content with this team as is. By reading his interviews I dont sense any concern or urgency to make this team better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Funny how people on this site want us to get rid of contracts like Arod, Teix, and they don't want Grandy, Cano, Swish on them, yet it's ok for us to sign Hamilton and Borun to them. Some people are idiots.
    For me money has nothing to do with it. I want guys to stay or be gone for what they do on the field.

Granderson fell too in love with the home run. He dose not run any more . offensively he has become a one dimensional player. hard to win with guys like this.

Swisher I have never liked. he is more worried about looking like he is this care free hard nosed player and it is getting old for me. real old.

Martin. guy stinks lets face it. we can get more production out of a guy like Sanchez lets at least see if there is anything to all these catching prospects.

Yankees need an infusion of youth and hunger .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    For me money has nothing to do with it. I want guys to stay or be gone for what they do on the field.

Granderson fell too in love with the home run. He dose not run any more . offensively he has become a one dimensional player. hard to win with guys like this.

Swisher I have never liked. he is more worried about looking like he is this care free hard nosed player and it is getting old for me. real old.

Martin. guy stinks lets face it. we can get more production out of a guy like Sanchez lets at least see if there is anything to all these catching prospects.

Yankees need an infusion of youth and hunger .
    This is why I want Hamilton. 2 years in a row he was so close to a ring, then this year he's basically booed out of Texas. Im not in favor of a 6-7 year deal but a 4 year deal I'd do in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Adios Arod. I loved ya when you were here. Bye bye now.

vCash
    Love the usual idiotic predictions in these types of threads.

We do not need any bats. We have them, they just need to be brought up.

Youth and fundamentals. We have enough start power with Tex, Cano and Jeter.

Pitching. Pitching. Pitching.

CC
    Kuroda (one year 12 million)
    Hughes
    Nova
    Pineda

We won't make any big splash until after 2014 cap issues are behind us. Let our wannabe stars walk. Grandy and Swish need to go. Bring in some Brosius type players to full the gaps until we can reel in some FAs.

vCash
    Most on here do not appreciate the Yankees..

They go to the ALCS 3 out of the last 4 years.....And they are still not happy..And I am not talking about the frustarted fans just the ones who want everybody gone or traded!

You cannot get to the WS like the 90's dynasty teams because that was not the norm..

Fans got too spoiled and now want major changes because of a bad 2 weeks of hitting..
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Love the usual idiotic predictions in these types of threads.

We do not need any bats. We have them, they just need to be brought up.

Youth and fundamentals. We have enough start power with Tex, Cano and Jeter.

Pitching. Pitching. Pitching.

CC
    Kuroda (one year 12 million)
    Hughes
    Nova
    Pineda

We won't make any big splash until after 2014 cap issues are behind us. Let our wannabe stars walk. Grandy and Swish need to go. Bring in some Brosius type players to full the gaps until we can reel in some FAs.
    Youkilis?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Most on here do not appreciate the Yankees..

They go to the ALCS 3 out of the last 4 years.....And they are still not happy..And I am not talking about the frustarted fans just the ones who want everybody gone or traded!

You cannot get to the WS like the 90's dynasty teams because that was not the norm..

Fans got too spoiled and now want major changes because of a bad 2 weeks of hitting..
    The point your missing is this teams approach to hitting doesnt translate into the postseason. In 2009 they didnt soley rely on the long ball. 2010 is when that trend started. They were overmatched in 2010, 2011 and 2012, all because they cannot hit with runners in scoring position. Whats the mission statement of the Yankees? World Series or bust. This formula doesnt work. The last 3 years is proof of this. We need hitters that can hit with RISP, 2 outs, hit and run, etc. In the playoffs you always face good pitching. Good pitching will trump the kind of offense we produce because good pitchers rarely give up home runs. It does happen but not very much. Look at the Cardinals. In 2006, last year and this year they have pesky hitters who move the runners over. They arent station to station. They dont rely on the miracle 3 run home run in the 9th inning. This is what the Yankees need to do if they want to have success against other teams in the post season. Having the same approach year after year with players that are getting older does not and will not work. The A's and Rays are two teams I wouldnt want to face in a must win series. Cardinals too. Ours, not so much.

See Einsteins definition of insanity. That explains good ole Cashmans approach to success.
    Last edited by JobaRules26; 10-20-2012 at 02:46 PM.

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    The steroid era is all his fault.
    He started Barry and Jose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    I hope to god that A-Rod is traded
    1. No one would take him.
    2. A-Rod still has an absurd $114 million left on the final five years of his contract, says Reid Forgrave at Fox Sports. The Yankees would have to pay off an enormous amount of that salary to make a deal work, and even then, who would take him? Rodriguez's hometown Miami Marlins are a rumored destination, but why would they want a "37-year-old admitted performance-enhancing-drug cheat who is well on the downside of the career?"

vCash
    Andrew Marchand tweeted that he thinks its likely that Hughes is traded
    ( ) Sign McCann
    ( ) Resign Reynolds
    ( ) Sign one of: Beltran, Ellsbury, Choo
    ( ) Win Bidding/Sign Tanaka
    ( ) Sign Balfour
    ( ) Sign Drew

vCash
    Wth Heath Bell being traded today, I think that eliminated the only chance Alex leaves us. The best we can hope is that all the flack he is getting lights a fire in him and he shows up in 2013 to prove the haters wrong(fingers crossed anyway!) I Don't think we will make many changes, I would love Justin Upton he has always intruiged me. I wouldn't offer Cano any more than 5 to 7 years.

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast