Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i like hughes, id keep him at the right price

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC DRUMMER View Post
    the steinbrenner boys f^%kin suck , alls they care about is fillin their family tree up with money...................... They have no desire of manifesting championship teams anymore. Just get away with throwin junk out there and hope for thr best. The days of george are long gone....................... Enjoy last in east next year girls !!!!!
    Anyone that thinks the Yankees are a last place team is baseball clueless personified. Care to explain how the best team in the league, is magically the worst team, just overnight? Too funny for words.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    SS Jose Reyes
    3B Brett Lawrie
    LF Melky Cabrera
    RF Jose Bautista
    DH Edwin Encarnacion
    1B Adam Lind
    CF Colby Rasmus
    C J.P. Arencibia
    2B Maicer Izturis

Better than us.
    Paper tigers always look good.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Anyone that thinks the Yankees are a last place team is baseball clueless personified. Care to explain how the best team in the league, is magically the worst team, just overnight? Too funny for words.
    We are missing our 2nd best offensive player in Swisher. We are also missing our closer from 2012, Soriano. And we're missing some pitching. I don't think that makes us a last place team. But we have a ton of aging vets. And we do have some holes. And we have guys like Mo and Jeter coming off MAJOR injuries at relatively old ages.

vCash
    I don't think we are a last place team but its hard to think of the team as one of the best in the league, even if they do the most likely moves of signing vets like Ichiro, Kuroda, etc...

The scariest thing about the team is that theres not much room for improvement with the majority of this lineup. ARod is what he is now, to expect much more than what he's done the last couple years is probably asking a lot. And it seems like expecting him to stay healthy the whole year is a little much too. Teixiera is going on a 4 year steady decline. He's done nothing to think he will get better. Cano, Granderson and Gardner are what they are now. I think Granderson will improve somewhat over last year and maybe a full year of Gardner will help. Jeter is a 39 year old SS coming off a broken ankle. And like Ry said, we are most likely losing our 2nd best batter. The rest of the lineup will probably be filled with vets through FA. A little scary to think about.

I think thats probably enough doom and gloom for one day...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    They will be better than they were, but they let's look at who they added:

Buehrle, whose coming off a so-so year and who has not had much success against either Boston or New York (he's 1-8 with a 6.84 ERA lifetime against the Yankees).

Reyes, who did play all of last season but missed parts of the previous three and will now have to play on concrete for half of his games.

Melky, who who missed half a year and will be off the PEDs. Who knows what that adds up to.

Josh Johnson, who was pretty much a league average pitcher in 2012 after missing almost all of 2011.

To me, that doesn't look like an extra 17-20 wins.

they improved, even if its limited, if it didnt screw them financially id be excited if the yankees added those guys.

the jays dont rely on those guys being "the guys" so even with their limits it improves their team greatly

id take jose reyes over yunel escobars overrated arse any time

josh johnson along with morrow and romero thats good buherle could have sucked in the past vs us but those were better yankee and redsox teams, and even though hes reliable so to slot in as their 5th starter that doesnt hurt. the jays have good farm and good pieces, they have encarnacion and bautista, if lind can somehow get back to his old self they have a potent lineup. their only problem is the bullpen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    We are missing our 2nd best offensive player in Swisher. We are also missing our closer from 2012, Soriano. And we're missing some pitching. I don't think that makes us a last place team. But we have a ton of aging vets. And we do have some holes. And we have guys like Mo and Jeter coming off MAJOR injuries at relatively old ages.
    Really hope Nunez works on his defense and turns into a solid shortstop. Adams and Heathcott, for whatever it's worth, are tearing it up in Arizona. Also, Montgomery is a beast. Future closer? Maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Really hope Nunez works on his defense and turns into a solid shortstop. Adams and Heathcott, for whatever it's worth, are tearing it up in Arizona. Also, Montgomery is a beast. Future closer? Maybe.
    Wait, I thought Betances/Melancon was our future closer....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I think Gardner will be moved to CF regardless of what happens, and yeah I think it is the best move.

But again, where are these guys you are talking about? If you can tell me one guy in FA that will match the production of Granderson and that will take a 7-8M one year deal maybe I could see your point more. And Granderson is only one year removed from a monster season.

What moves can the Yankees possibly make this year if they move Granderson? They are dead set on not giving multi year deals and no OF able to make $15M is gonna take a one year deal. Granderson is really the best possible contract for the Yankees next year. He's a one year deal and he actually has the capability of putting up a huge season unlike the scrap heap 35 and older guys that they will probably sift through to put in RF.
    They don't have to be free agents. Willingham is already signed to a 3 year/21 million dollar deal. He wouldn't be my top choice in guys but he could definitely match Granderson's production. Heyman thinks Pagan could sign for as low as 3 years/30 million. One year deals are a good way to avoid being locked down to an expensive player passed his prime. But it doesn't always save money. Between the 15 they'll spend on Granderson this year, and whatever they're going to have to spend on a replacement next year, I bet it'll account for more than 10 per.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    they improved, even if its limited, if it didnt screw them financially id be excited if the yankees added those guys.

the jays dont rely on those guys being "the guys" so even with their limits it improves their team greatly

josh johnson along with morrow and romero thats good buherle could have sucked in the past vs us but those were better yankee and redsox teams, and even though hes reliable so to slot in as their 5th starter that doesnt hurt. the jays have good farm and good pieces, they have encarnacion and bautista, if lind can somehow get back to his old self they have a potent lineup. their only problem is the bullpen
    it's not going to be a small problem either. But it's not just about the guys they added, it's what is going to happen to guys like Lawrie and Colby Rasmus. They'll definitely score runs that's for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post

Actually, AA has been working on our pen for the better part of 3 years focusing on pretty much nothing else before the blockbuster happened.

We have 2 potential closers in Sergio Santos and Casey Janssen. Janssen has been one of the better relievers in baseball for the duration of his current contract so he is a legitimate option.

Hopefully we can convince Oliver to come back as he was our most consistent reliever aside from Janseen last season. Also we have Brett Cecil and Aaron Loup who had a fantastic rookie season to complete our left handed relievers.

3 power arms in Steve Delabar, Brad Lincoln and Esmil Rogers to round out the rest.

Our offseason isnt done either.

vCash
    I have a feeling Shane victorino is Bronx bound.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    I have a feeling Shane victorino is Bronx bound.
    Please no. He is terrible. Dickerson is better.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Please no. He is terrible. Dickerson is better.
    I just no cashman tried to get him at the deadline.

vCash
    Leo is all about the dicks with his Dickey and Dickerson love

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast