Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Where are we getting a 40 HR CF for 7 or 8M?

His average season as a Yankee - .247/.337/.506 36 HR 97 RBI

You are crazy if you think there is an OF out there that can we can sign for one year and 7 or 8M that would give the team those numbers.
    you don't have to account for 40 homeruns, you just have to match the production value. what's the going rate for a guy who launches homeruns and strikes out at a 30% clip? it ain't 15 million. you can find a corner outfielder who does that in a junkyard. then move gardner over to center (i credit slinger with posting this idea, although i have had similar ideas as well). as for your second post, it's always better to clear money where you can and possibly allow you to make a move rather than tip toe around some luxury tax threshold forcing yourself to sign andruw jones on a year to year basis.

vCash
    I think Gardner will be moved to CF regardless of what happens, and yeah I think it is the best move.

But again, where are these guys you are talking about? If you can tell me one guy in FA that will match the production of Granderson and that will take a 7-8M one year deal maybe I could see your point more. And Granderson is only one year removed from a monster season.

What moves can the Yankees possibly make this year if they move Granderson? They are dead set on not giving multi year deals and no OF able to make $15M is gonna take a one year deal. Granderson is really the best possible contract for the Yankees next year. He's a one year deal and he actually has the capability of putting up a huge season unlike the scrap heap 35 and older guys that they will probably sift through to put in RF.

vCash
    David Cone was so impressed with the mega trade that he has said the Jays are the favorites of the AL East.....Kind of too early to make statements like that when the free agents are still out there and teams like the RedSox, Yanks and Rays are still incomplete with their 2013 rosters....but I guess with other teams not finished yet the statement is true...The Sox GM said he is going to spend a lot in the offseason and will have his payroll in the top 3 of the league.....
    Nick

vCash
    the jays already had a good team going into the year now they are very solid

vCash
    Jay's still dont make the playoffs... Why? Because Joey bats cant stay healthy

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    The Jays won 73 games last year. This trade does not make them 17-20 games better, which is what it will take for them to be contenders.

vCash
    Exactly

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Melky signed with Jays

vCash
    Well...

Jays now have a top 4 of Reyes, Melky, Bautista, and Encarnacion...with Lawry, Bonifacio, and whoever else they to rounding out the lineup. That's probably one of the better lineups we have seen from them in awhile.

Their pitching doesn't impress me though. Not yet at least...

vCash
    Yup. People can say what they want but the Blue Jays are going to be very tough this year. They seem to normally play us tough, with the new additions it should be interesting.

vCash
    If the Yankees do what I expect them to do - Ichiro in RF, cheap at C - Cervelli, Romine, FA back-up there's a decent shot that Toronto has the better lineup this year.

vCash
    the steinbrenner boys f^%kin suck , alls they care about is fillin their family tree up with money...................... They have no desire of manifesting championship teams anymore. Just get away with throwin junk out there and hope for thr best. The days of george are long gone....................... Enjoy last in east next year girls !!!!!

vCash
    Good signing for the Jays to bring in Melky.

vCash
    It doesn't even bother me that they aren't spending a ton of money. Its the fact that the team could have been in a much better spot by spending nearly the same amount of money in recent years, just using it better.

And the fact that the team seems adverse to any risk and investing in any younger players.

I dunno, I know its early but it'd just be nice to know if the Yankees even have a plan at all for the coming years. The current plan seems to be patching together the team with veterans/near retirement guys each offseason and a lot of hoping things go well.

vCash
    This really has nothing to do with Melky either, just a general thought.

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast